Prayer Request

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
sardsy75

Prayer Request

Post by sardsy75 »

Hey all

Don't usually ask for these things, but I would really appreciate it if you could say a prayer for the Australian Women's Road Cycling Team; one of whom, Amy Gillett, was killed yesterday while training for a competition in Germany.

One of the other riders I have known for about 20 years, as she is one of my sisters closest friends. Her name is Lorian Graham. Although she suffered serious injuries, Lorian came out of the accident the best of the six.

Two girls are in intensive care, fighting for their lives from internal injuries, and the other two have had surgery and are stable.

Totally off topic I know, but if you could include them in your prayers it would be muchly appreciated.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15 ... 77,00.html

Thanks for the lend of your ears.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I read about this earlier and was horrified. Those poor women. What a great loss to women's cycling.

Ann

Kris

Post by Kris »

She has my prayers absolutely. That is so young for such tragedy. :(

IanFraughton

Post by IanFraughton »

Sad, but at least she died doing what she loved, not many can say that. I will say a prayer for all of them as they must be grieving the loss of a fellow human, friend and competitor. My deepest sympthy to the family and friends of this couragous woman, the loss is felt by all.

Peace 8)

Ian
I call my pacing the "Waltz of the Damned". Anyone care to dance...?

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Please Pray to whatever High Power you choose. Take a moment, a second and offer your blessings for the hurricane victims, any and all who suffer in this world. It helps me to take my mind off my piddly complaints.

Adding my own prayer request that the neurologist visit today is productive. The past 3 1/2 weeks I have been on then off 1st Elavil, Flexeril, Requip, Klonopin and find myself extremely aggitated, depressed, confused, angry, weak. This too shall pass. I stopped the Requip after one week as my symptoms were worsening and wierd dreams kept waking me about every two hours. I stopped the flexeril and klonopin last night as I would be groggy and lathargic most of the day and had a difficult time keeping awake after 4pm. I went back to the Ativan, taking 1 -.05 mg tablets 3 times over a couple hours before I could relax. Used the rice bags for the heebeejeebees, and fell asleep around 1am. which is a good thing! It is my hope that I will be sufficiently coherent in discussing this with the neurologist. I pray that he understands what I say. My physical and mental wellbeing has never done well with a varied combination of drugs.

Today trying to paddle to stir up the hope I chant -

Ha! Your force field cannot stop me, for I possess the invisible magic sword. Be gone Dread! For I am the embodiment of courage and I possess the power to disperse all foreboding! If you are having a hard time distinguishing between beautiful monsters and the ugly kind, feel free to bellow: May the God's grand me the gift of x-ray vision, that I might know the hidden truth beneath all surfaces!

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

An excerpt from "Desiderata" by Max Ehrman,1927

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

--- Max Ehrmann, 1927
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Heffalumps in the night

Post by Heffalumps in the night »

Thanks Nadia for reminding me about the Desiderata. It holds something new for me at different stages in my life. I haven't read it in years, so I went and looked it up again online and found new pertinent advice that I hadn't appreciated before. I printed it out so that I can remind myself of those things.
I also have to say it helped me in Trivial Pursuit in 1992. I was asked what the first two lines were from and I knew. My opponent was so sure it was such an obscure question (he had never heard of it). I won a pie piece thanks to my high school teacher that had shared this poem with my class! This poem helped me in little ways, too!

Post by Guest »

Yes thank you Nadia. Thankful for each of you. Sending many blessings.