Funniest bad night

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Uglydarknite

Funniest bad night

Post by Uglydarknite »

So, I have dealt with rls for 35 years, with severe conditions. I have attempted to have a "normal" life, at times. This is one of the funniest nights.
My wife and I were invited to an out of town wedding. We rally needed to go. We rented a hotel room to "sleep" I in after the wedding. At 1 o'clock in the AM my wife is begging me to stop moving. Of course, the pleading doesn't help. So I get a book, go out into the hotel parking lot, stand under a street light and start reading. And walking in place.
About 2:30 AM a BMW pulls into the parking lot. An attractive woman gets out and starts chatting with me. She decides she wants my company in her room, and asks with an invitation. While I am chatting with her, I am still walking in place. I decline the invite, nicely, and go back to reading while walking in place.
Now she doesn't like my answer, and asks again. I decline a second time, letting her know I have been married 35 years, at that time.
She walks up the stairs to the second floor, into the room above ours. Moments later she comes out onto the walkway with a very brief nightgown on, and invites me up. Again I decline, telling her I am married, and my wife is in the room below hers.
At this point I ask myself, wouldn't any normal person be a little suspicious of a middle-aged man, walking in place, under a street light, at 2:30 AM, reading a book?
So now she wants me to prove my wife is in the room. No way, I know better than that, I tell her.
Finally, she finishes a drink she was holding, and goes back into her room, alone.
My wife still doesn't know whether to believe me.

XenMan

Re: Funniest bad night

Post by XenMan »

I used to drive a taxi and worked in policing, nothing surprises me anymore.

Could have been a good night or your last, if you are acting abnormal and someone is drawn to you, that is a warning sign.