Morning Sickness

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
mack

Re: Morning Sickness

Post by mack »

Frunobulax,

Thank you for this suggestion. BTW, I had to look up "endocrinology"! I found several endocrinologists in my area. Its worth a shot. Thanks again.

mack

Post by mack »

Frunobulax,

You got me reading about endocrinology. I take tamsulosin for an enlarged prostate. And I never noticed that my morning sickness and the side effects of tamsulosin have a lot of overlap. A lot. I can't remember which came first, the medicine or the sickness. But I will take this up with my doctor. Maybe this isn't related to RLS at all. Thank you kindly for your suggestions.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Good thinking. Something that happens every day for years is unlikely to be related to diet. If you're on any other medications, you should consider them all, and any possible interactions between them. When you ask your GP about it, make sure you have a list of all the meds you're on (even though s/he should know) and any over-the-counter supplements you're taking.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

mack

Post by mack »

Thank you, Beth, I will. I'm not certain whether the prostate gland is endo or exo. There was some conflicting info about that between articles I read. Still, somehow an endocrinology web site led me to tamsulosin side effects.

badnights

Post by badnights »

There's also a site where you can look up interactions https://www.webmd.com/interaction-checker/default.htm I don't know how good it is.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

mack

Post by mack »

Beth,
I tried your drug interaction site. Terrific stuff. It tells me that "methadone increases levels of tamsulosin by altering drug metabolism". Sounds like the combination of the two might be delivering more tamsulosin than I'm supposed to be getting. I guess I'd better call my gp about it. Thank you kindly.

mack

Post by mack »

I haven't seen my family doctor yet. But a week ago, my wife suggested taking tamsulosin in the early morning, instead early evening. That way, if the change affected the morning sickness in any significant way, we might prove it was related to the tamsulosin.

So for the last week, I've tried it. I have not had more than a slight nausea for the week. In fact, some mornings I felt very well. That's something new. And I dozed off in the morning twice and I did not wake up sick at all, which has never happened. Also, I've had indigestion in the early evening, which I never did before.

Anyway, I must discuss the interaction of methadone and tamsulosin with my doctor. And a possible replacement for the tamsulosin.

Without your suggestions and ideas, I would not have known any of this. I am most thankful to you all.

badnights

Post by badnights »

mack that's fantastic! We always have to look out for ourselves cuz the doctors just can't do it all. I am old enough to know but I still wonder what the heck we did before internet!