Quality Care Centers (QCC)

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Scooter

Quality Care Centers (QCC)

Post by Scooter »

I would like to hear your experiences with QCC's here in the states. Is it worth the time and expense to get treatment at one of those centers?

Rustsmith

Re: Quality Care Centers (QCC)

Post by Rustsmith »

Several years ago, I was a patient at one of the QCC's and it was the first time that I was treated by a doctor who I knew as really aware of the proper way to treat RLS. I knew that this wasn't a doctor who was following what was written in some sort of guide, he knew what needed to be done and when I needed something that was a little bit different from the standard dogma. Prior to that, I had been treated by neurologists who either had no idea of what to do for an RLS patient.

But there is nothing magical about a QCC. If your current doctor 1) really cares about you, 2) understands the proper treatment protocols for RLS, 3) understands what needs to be done to treat augmentation and most important, 4) is willing to write prescriptions for opioids if you need them, then you will not see that much difference with treatment at a QCC. However, if you are augmenting and your doctor is clueless or else your doctor is hesitant to prescribe things like iron IVs and/or opioids, then it is absolutely worth the time and expense because you will have the confidence that you are getting the best care possible.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Re: Quality Care Centers (QCC)

Post by ViewsAskew »

I really do think it comes down to just that - if you are getting great care, doesn't matter where.

So many of us are not. Our docs aren't aware of current protocols and it hurts our treatment. If your symptoms are under control and you have control over your life, I wouldn't go. If you are not getting the treatment you deserve, though, and can afford it, I'd definitely say to go!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.