YouTube RLS videos

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Yankiwi

YouTube RLS videos

Post by Yankiwi »

Last night around 4:00am on my third time up I started YouTube. Up popped a few RLS videos of the hundreds that are on YouTube. Most are quackary or so basic they are of no use. One was an interview from four years ago of Dr. B. on Relaxis Pads. They aren't available in New Zealand but I wouldn't hold out hope that they would work for me anyway. Here's the link if anyone wants to watch it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-E8R4Kku0

Another was a video of stretches by a physical therapist, Dr. Jo. I've used her exercises for a sore shoulder and knee, she seems reputable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oemmxek_bsc

I spend so much time up at night (always more than time spent asleep) I'll give her exercises a try. I also ordered a muscle roller from a local store, always hopeful.

ViewsAskew

Re: YouTube RLS videos

Post by ViewsAskew »

So sorry you are up so much. Those periods are so frustrating. Especially if you don't see an end coming.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

No end in sight for me. There's no kratom or marijuana in New Zealand, I'm afraid of gabapentin and increasing my ropinerole from .25. I do take two 60mg codeines (one around 1:30am) which keeps the pain down but doesn't help the insomnia.
I did discover really boring podcasts meant to bore the listener to sleep. I set the sleep timer to 15 minutes and with luck I'm asleep before the podcast ends but I can't even think about getting back in bed for at least an hour after my previous wake up.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I was given those pads by my Doctor. They didn't help. He was so surprised. They just made my feet hurt. I took them off.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Unless a doctor is really switched on treating RLS patients or has it herself they would be surprised which is why it is so hard to deal with some doctors.