Is this how everyone with RLS ends up?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Tony

Re: Is this how everyone with RLS ends up?

Post by Tony »

This is my first posting, I have looked at many reasons for RLS, It appears the are as many reasons for it as there are cures. I am 83 years of age and I am also a coeliac, on a(gluten-free) diet, my symptoms are I cannot keep my legs still, they have to move or jerk, my legs get very very hot, and I am unable to sleep. I have to get up and walk around or go and watch television until it subsides, now before I go any further are those symptoms of restless legs or not.?
Now with all the cases that appear there must be someone else like mine, they cannot all be caused by some other condition, I have always said we are what we eat, and I firmly believe that is the root cause for RLS, other conditions I cannot explain, but I would advise against using the term RLS as an umbrella to cover all.
Having made my case for myself I know my cure. it has taken me several years to find, they say is the simplest things are the best and mine definitely is.
I said I have my cure and it is simply making sure I empty my bowels every day, now I mean empty, my diet is one that makes me go to the toilet daily, plenty of fresh fruit and berries for breakfast, if I fail to go that day, that night I will have RLS. Whether it is caused by toxins within the bowels or pressure on the bowel/intestine walls I do not know, all I do know is it works for me.
As I previously stated I believe we are what we eat look at your diet, look for a simple solution, mine cost nothing just patiently trial and error, do not dismiss this or other simple ideas because another person said it did not work for them, we are all different, good luck.

Margaret122maryL

Re: Is this how everyone with RLS ends up?

Post by Margaret122maryL »

Your solution makes sense to me. I have SIBO—small intestine bacterial overgrowth. A recent study —-somehow associated with STanford University, I think—indicates that those who have SIBO often have RLS also.