Double Knee Replacement

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
James7

Double Knee Replacement

Post by James7 »

I'm a member of the RLS Foundation, but I can't find any recommendations to give the anesthesiologist for a double knee replacement I'm having tomorrow. Are there certain meds I should tell him to avoid? I know they're doing a nerve block and general anesthesia, I believe. Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks!

Rustsmith

Re: Double Knee Replacement

Post by Rustsmith »

They don't allow us to post links to member only documents. But if you will go to the Members Only tab, click on Publications and then page about half way down, you will find a publication entitled "Hospitalization Checklist for the Patient with RLS". Next to it is a document entitled "Surgery and RLS for the Patient". The second page has a section in blue with all the meds that you should alert them to avoid.

And you should also probably print out a copy of the Medic Alert card near the top since this is also a list of the types of meds to avoid.

The critical people to show these to are the nurses and possibly most importantly, the anesthesiologist.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

James7

Post by James7 »

Thanks, Rustsmith...this looks like the same list from the medical alert card. Blessings to you!

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Good luck! You can't impress the anesthesiologist enough that you are very sensitive to anesthetics.
Best wishes for a good recovery.

tagalongbuddy

Post by tagalongbuddy »

Are you okay after the double knee replacement?