Covid vac/RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
bumble34

Covid vac/RLS

Post by bumble34 »

Well, having had the Astra/Zenaca jab yesterday morning I had the best nights sleep for almost three years in fact since the early days of Ropinirole, with not a suggestion of RLS, nothing else was different normalish dose of Pregab 125mg at 9pm. Can`t believe I`m unique, really weird but very nice. Anyone else experience similar?

Rustsmith

Re: Covid vac/RLS

Post by Rustsmith »

I had the first Pfizer injection two weeks ago (second next Saturday). It didn't seem to have any effect, good or bad. Flu shots hurt more.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Had the first Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago. Beside slightly achy arm, no change in RLS

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Will be interested in what other people experience.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

NatureGal0812

Post by NatureGal0812 »

I was part of the Johnson and Johnson Covid trial.
I didn’t know I got the real deal until last month so I guess it didn’t have an impact on my RLS either!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I got my Astra Zeneca vaccination yesterday. A slightly tender arm today and a little headache-y. Didn't even feel the needle go in.
Just the usual RLS last night, no difference.I

EDIT: one week on. By the second day my upper arm was tender and the arm was stiff. It was difficult to raise my arm above the shoulder. A 4 inch area around the injection site became a little swollen. It's now day six and all is practically back to normal.I
No difference of any sort to my RLS.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

So glad several of you have gotten the vaccine!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

The side effects of the second vax are supposed to be worse but it shows it's working.
For excellent information on vaccines, ZDoggMD (Dr Zubin Damania) has an excellent series of podcasts where he interviews experts in related fields.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm still waiting for mine.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I got the Moderna. No effects.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

I had my second Pfizer injection two weeks ago. Initially I felt nothing, not even soreness at the injection site. But the next day I felt drained of all energy and my arm hurt. But I was fine the day after that and am glad that I now have a CDC Covid-19 vaccination card.
Steve