Knees buckling without warning

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
suspar

Knees buckling without warning

Post by suspar »

Has anyone had this symptom? No pain, just a sudden strong twitch in my leg/ a buckling and I fall. This has happened to me. related to RLS ?

Polar Bear

Re: Knees buckling without warning

Post by Polar Bear »

I do occasionally get a sudden jerk in my leg, not enough to make me fall. it used to happen more and nowadays occurs very rarely. I can't say it is related to actual RLS. It is possible that it could be connected to Periodic Limb Movement. Sufferers of RLS often also suffer from Periodic Limb Movement.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I had that happen when I had meniscus tears in my knees. I had fallen but also had severe osteoarthritis. I got them repaired and it stopped. They can only see the tears with an MRI not an x-ray.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

The only time, for me, was years ago when I had augmented on pramipexole. I had symptoms all day, all night and a lot of periodic limb movements. The limb movements would cause my knee to jerk and my feet to slip from under me.

Yours sounds a lot like periodic limb movement while awake. Of course, could be something else - but maybe that is a starting point.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.