Mometasone and RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
SleepyBhamster

Mometasone and RLS

Post by SleepyBhamster »

First of all, not sure if this post should go in the prescription drug board--but that seems to be prescription drugs to take for RLS, right?

At any rate, I was rejoicing that starting up Lexapro again for anxiety and depression did NOT bring on RLS symptoms, but no sooner was that problem solved when a new ENT prescribed Mometasone nasal rinses twice a day. Only started two days ago and guess what? Two nights of mild RLS. Argh.

What aggravates me is that I made sure the compounded capsule did not include azelastine as had been the original plan--I was given it last year and it brought on RLS very badly. So why didn't I think to look up Mometasone before accepting a 2 month supply???

But here's the thing: the RLS is so mild that I forgot about it the first morning after and then this morning I had to wonder if I had imagined it. But no, I DO remember being awake enough to realize my legs were kicking and thinking, "Wait--this happened last night. I didn't imagine it!" And then ruminating about the above: why didn't check up on it? Did I just blow $60? What do I do now? etc. before finally falling asleep without further disturbance.

First thing this morning I did a search on mometasone and RLS, and this came up: https://www.ehealthme.com/ds/mometasone ... -syndrome/ But I can't figure it out: it seems to be saying that yes, mometasone is a problem in regard to RLS, but I can't read further. It seems to be asking me to take part in a study. I don't want to take part in a study: I want to know what they have learned about it. Can anyone figure it out?

I decided to only do the morning rinse with mometasone and perhaps in the evening simply do a saltwater rinse until I can reach the doctor. My question for you folks here is this: could the RLS remain this mild, or is it likely that it will get worse if I keep up the rinses? I WOULD like to breathe better. (The doctor is going to be testing me for vocal cord dysfunction; I've had all kinds of mysterious symptoms like asthma and definitely have swollen nasal passages.)

This coming Thursday I will be seeing Dr. Arthur Walters (Vanderbilt) in a Zoom meeting. Have to be in the state of TN for it, so we're driving to Nashville in case he orders blood tests or something and I can go over to Vanderbilt and get them then. I didn't have anything to ask him other than when I should get my next iron infusions, but now I will have this to put before him.

Thanks all,

Celine/Sleepy