i'm back

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
SUGAR

i'm back

Post by SUGAR »

Hi guys. I have a minute today and just thought I would stop in.
Becat, I love you! How sweet of you to think about me. I have been thinking about all of us lately.
I am extremely tired.
I think when I last was here I was bouncing back and forth between doctors.

Well I am still doing that. My internal med doc says I could have the start of Diabetes. Um she is still doing everything right in way's of my RLS and that is great. I am still on Mirapex.

Um, the Rheumatologist says Fibro and Ankylosing Spond. So he put me on Darvocet, which as of yet isn't helping. I have a back brace that I can wear occasionally while doing dishes or vaccuming. I haven't seen any improvement in that part of the pain.

I feel like an 80 year old woman in a body twice the size it should be. I have gained weight and feel terrible. But what can ya do? At least my hubby is still there for me.

I failed all my last classes so I am taking a break for a semester or two. I got major burnout and need to take care of me for a while.

What else? My dad is still in the nursing home. He is getting better though. He was taken off the Ventilator a couple weeks ago and is able to eat soft foods. He has been able to hold himself up and take a few steps with help. everything is good there.

Oh ya how about this for Irony,,, His doctor was just diagnosed with Guillain-Barre about a week ago. Small world huh? Not that I am glad, but maybe now the medical community can get an inside view of what it is like.

I think my mom may be really sick but she is stubborn and isn't telling us kids. She had to quit her job to get medicaid but they still haven't approved her so she can't go to the doctor yet.

What a messed up world this is.

How are my best online friends? Becat how are your trees going?
Penguin, how are you? Everyone?

Thanks for being there for me guys.

I love ya

Sugs

becat

Yeah

Post by becat »

Yeah!
Your missed, no harm in knowing that.
I'm sorry to hear about school. You had such a rough year. I can't even imagen trying to study with all you've had. but I love that your taking care of yourself. Yes, maybe time off is a good thing for you. Don't forget that your going to be a great nurse someday and anyone would be lucky to have you.
Wonderful that the Mirapex is working well. As for the fibro and the AS ouch! I'm hoping that your not doing too much housework. How long have you been trying the Darvocet? You know what I'll say, call that doc back and get something else if it's not working. I know you've got kiddos but something that is important. Your more likely to up the dose if it's not working, and I know that loopy is not what your shooting for. My fingers are crossed on that one.
That is great to hear your dad is doing better. That has to make things a bit easier for you. But I imagen that your MOM is up at the home all the time. She probably does need to see a doc just for a check up at least. She's been logging some big hours being by his side??? Probably! I'm so sorry to hear about her job. No the RULES don't seem right to me either.
As for my trees, I did one this year and have not taken any orders since. Too busy with stuff this year and it's been nice to get other things done. Not saying I wouldn't make them, but I have a tan this year. Wooohooo
I'm doing tons better than the last time we talked. I had to up my meds a bit, but I'm still happy with my path.
Love ya right back.
Glad your back. Have a great night.

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hey, Sugar... glad to hear an update, stranger.

Sounds like lots of stuff going on. You hang in there.

Sara

kittykat

Feeling Old Too

Post by kittykat »

Hi Sugar,
Glad to meet you. I can relate to the weight thing. I am 59 and I feel 90. I take Paxil for my depresson and anxiety. Its making me gain so much weight that I think sometimes maybe it would be better to just go crazy than have to carry all this weight around. Paxils the only thing that works for me. I also take Avandia for my diabeties and the DR said it would make me gain weight too and make my feet and legs swell. Boy life is good ain't it. I also have a bad back and bad knee. Hope you can get the help you need and get back in school. Well will shut up for now. Glad for the support and know I'll be here to listen for anyone that wants to vent too.
kittykat

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hey Sugar!!!!!

Missed ya honey! Glad to see you could stop in!
Things aren't so great right now....
Was 97 degrees here yesterday and I had to go to a funeral. Well the church didn't have a/c so I had a major episode!
My entire body right side was shaking and the pain was unbearable. Kathleen held onto my hand trying to get it to stop....

Other than that. I'm still above ground and that's saying something!

Love you
Penguin
Beware the Penguin