Tongue numbness

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Dr.Placebo

Tongue numbness

Post by Dr.Placebo »

Hi all. I just started pregabalin 4 nights ago and for the last 2 days, the end of my tongue has been slightly numb. Continuously. It feels like if you burnt your tongue on hot food. Has anyone else experienced this? It could be unrelated, but I haven't identified any other new exposures.
Paul

Polar Bear

Re: Tongue numbness

Post by Polar Bear »

I take pregabalin and have never experienced this. Looking at the side effects listed I see a dry mouth. Also if there is any swelling that you should see your doctor.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

I take 75 mg nightly. Mouth gets drier than a desert when I sleep, in fact I think my tongue adhering painfully to the roof of my mouth wakes me up more than anything else these days. But no numbness such as you describe.

Ageusia (loss of the sense of taste) is listed as an uncommon side effect, but that's not what you have (https://www.drugs.com/sfx/pregabalin-side-effects.html). Numbness in the extremities is also noted, but not on the tongue (https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supple ... g-20067411). Dunno!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Dr.Placebo

Post by Dr.Placebo »

Looking back at this it sounds like the complaint of a crackpot; but interestingly, when I decreased the pregabaline from 75mg to 50 the tongue numbness decreased, and then when I discontinued the pregabalin entirely the tongue numbness went away. Whatever. Small potatoes.
Paul

badnights

Post by badnights »

Dr.Placebo wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:32 pm
Looking back at this it sounds like the complaint of a crackpot; but interestingly, when I decreased the pregabaline from 75mg to 50 the tongue numbness decreased, and then when I discontinued the pregabalin entirely the tongue numbness went away. Whatever. Small potatoes.
Excellent! Not a crackpot :) The weirdest things honestly really do happen to people.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.