weighted blankets

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Bill Field

weighted blankets

Post by Bill Field »

Hello!

Is anyone seeing improvement in sleep because of using a weighted blanket?
If so, please describe your blanket and how much improvement you think you have received. Thanks Bill

Savanna1!

Re: weighted blankets

Post by Savanna1! »

Hi Bill. I was just diagnosed & find a thick, fake-fur throw helpful when symptoms are mild.

retiredfg5

Post by retiredfg5 »

I've not been on forum for a while and so just saw your topic. I bought a 20 pound weighted about 2 years ago. I got it to try to improve my sleep which is usually 2 hours a night. It helped my amount of sleep slightly and actually my RLS was improved too, a nice side benefit. Unfortunately, about 9 months ago, I had to remove it from y bed. I have a very bad hip in need of joint replacement surgery and the weight was too much. Other comorbidities have delayed the surgery. My recommendation is to get a weighted blanket.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

"Sliced Bread" is a BBC podcast on various topics to see if the item studied is the best thing since sliced bread or marketing BS.The host consults with experts to reach conclusions

The latest episode is on weighted blankets and although any extra weight on my legs would drive me crazy I found the podcast very interesting.

Search for "BBC Sliced Bread" in your podcast app. Most episodes are about 30 minutes long—I listen to them all.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

This BBC podcast sounds very interesting for those thinking of a weighted blanket.
It would also drive me crazy but we know that what works for one doesn't work for another.
All information is useful.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation