Need to Find an RLS Doctor in Phoenix

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
frickets

Need to Find an RLS Doctor in Phoenix

Post by frickets »

Hi. I previously posted a request for help finding an RLS doctor in Prescott, AZ. I have since found two, though both were pulmonologists, and neither is willing to support my current Methadone protocol. The next best search area would be Phoenix - more specifically, a neurologist who's focused on RLS and will work with me. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Rustsmith

Re: Need to Find an RLS Doctor in Phoenix

Post by Rustsmith »

The best approach is to start with the neurology department at all of the medical schools and teaching hospitals (including Mayo). After that, start calling the office of all of the neurologists that accept your insurance. Ask to speak with a nurse and ask 1) does the doctor have experience with treating RLS patients who have augmented on dopamine agonists? and 2) is the doctor willing to prescribe opioids for chronic neurological conditions. The list may be long, so it could take a while, but the answers that you get to your questions should be very telling and nurses tend to provide more honest answers than the front office staff. You might also want to call around to the GPs in Prescott if you can find a doctor willing to prescribe opioids in Phoenix. If you can find a GP who will write your monthly prescriptions under the direction of an RLS doc in Phoenix, that avoids the need to drive to Phoenix to get monthly refills.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

frickets

Re: Need to Find an RLS Doctor in Phoenix

Post by frickets »

Thanks for the input.