Nightwalkers article by Stephen Smith

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
TimG

Nightwalkers article by Stephen Smith

Post by TimG »

For those of you who subscribe to the Restless Leg Syndrome Foundation magazine, Nightwalkers, one of our forum moderators, Stephen Smith, has an excellent informative article on "Dopamine Medications and Impulse Control Disorders". Of further note, he was one of the featured patients at the Sleep 2023 Conference in June regarding the "Delay in Diagnosis" presentation. Thanks for your ongoing advocacy and support, Steve.

Rustsmith

Re: Nightwalkers article by Stephen Smith

Post by Rustsmith »

Thanks for putting two and two together Tim. While attending Sleep 2023, I realized that there is plenty if information from a variety of sources about augmentation (if only the doctors would read it!), but there is very little about Impulse Control Disorders, even in the Foundation's member literature. I asked if they would publish an article and was given the weekend to prepare it. Fortunately, I already knew pretty most of what I wanted to cover.

I wrote that up back in June and had forgotten about it until I opened up my copy yesterday and the magazine fell open to the page with my writeup.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thank you so much. I haven't yet received my copy but really look forward to reading your article. The time and effort you put into the support of RLS is greatly appreciated.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Not sure about the UK but I think all overseas issues will be by email which is a shame because I will flip through the pdf once, maybe twice but with a physical issue I'd read it thorougly and sometimes pass it on.
Polar Bear, maybe since you are a moderator you will continue to get a paper copy.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

So far I've been receiving my paper copy but don't think it's anything to do with being a Moderator. On reflection I think I was asked some time ago if I wanted to continue to receive a paper copy. Although I can't be 100% sure of that.
I agree that a paper copy would receive more thorough attention.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation