Neurologist and/or RLS Doctors in Los Angeles Area

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Trophyman

Neurologist and/or RLS Doctors in Los Angeles Area

Post by Trophyman »

Hi Everyone,

I have severe RLS and I'm at my wits end. Is anyone knowledgeable of a neurologist or physician that specializes in RLS in the Los Angeles Area. I've seen Dr. Daniel Norman at the Santa Monica Sleep Disorder Clinic but was wondering if there were others.

I also saw a neurologist in the Movement Disorder / Parkinson's Research clinic at Cedars Sinai but they refuse to order Iron injections. They say that a Ferritin level of 70 or a above is optimal. Mine is 84 ng/ml but have read on the forum that the BRAIN iron needs to be much higher.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Lissa496

Re: Neurologist and/or RLS Doctors in Los Angeles Area

Post by Lissa496 »

I am not sure if Palo Alto California is near you but that is one of the Quality Care Centers for RLS. You may want to try reaching out to them for an appointment: https://www.rls.org/treatment/quality-care-centers

Trophyman

Post by Trophyman »

Thank you! Palo Alto is up in the SF Bay area (about 5 hours from here) but from the link you provided above, I see that there is a Quality Care Center in the San Diego area (La Jolla). It's a 2 hour drive from here. I'll be reaching out to them. Again, thank you sooo much!

Lissa496

Post by Lissa496 »

You are very welcome. It can take a long time to get into one of the centers so please don't get discouraged. When I tried the appointment was 6 months out. Good Luck!

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

have severe RLS and I'm at my wits end. Is anyone knowledgeable of a neurologist or physician that specializes in RLS in the Los Angeles Area.
Dr Mark Buchfuhrer practices in Downey. He is one of the leading RLS experts and also a very nice guy. The only problem is that he may be approaching retirement even though he strikes me as the sort of doctor who will practice for as long has his own health permits. He is also one of the professors at Stanford, so many of the doctors in Palo Alto that Lissa referred to are probably his former students at the Stanford Sleep Clinic.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.