RLS National Meeting

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rubyslipper

RLS National Meeting

Post by Rubyslipper »

Is anyone going to the RLS National Meeting in Long Beach,CA in November. I actually plan to go and would like to hear from anyone else who might go. It would be great to meet and get to know each other. I am going for the Support Group Leader training that runs concurrent with the RLS meeting.

becattx

would love to

Post by becattx »

I'll have to pull some wild string on a very good day.............but yes I want to go as well.
Only problem, family vacation is in Oct. ....we are going to crew for my unlce at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.
If I can swing both I would to go. I'll keep you posted and you do the same.
becat

becat

second thought

Post by becat »

You know what...........I do want to go.
Think I'll get the hubby to plan a business trip that way.........or........or......hubby can take care of teenagers. I could go by myself.......whooooooooo hoooooooooo......
Ruby I'm thinking, yes.....I want to go.

dogeyed

Tell Us More About RLS Meeting!

Post by dogeyed »

Dear Ruby,
WHERE is the meeting in Long Beach going to be held? It would be convenient if it was in an airport hotel, because I hobble so badly with my goofed-up legs. :oops: Will physicians be attending and is that what this meeting is for?

It is important that the word gets out to the medical community about this crippling disorder. I don't have any money right now for traveling, as I cannot work, but maybe I will when November rolls around. Or at least can you report back to us what happens? Is there some sort of a club I can join for RLS sufferers or something? What are the California meeting dates and what is on the agenda? Do you have some papers you can post here? Gail

jumpyowl

More info!

Post by jumpyowl »

Ruby, could you post some more info on this meeting, or provide a link?
Jumpy Owl

jan3213

RLS meeting

Post by jan3213 »

Ruby

I can't go--husband is getting his master's--money's tight. But, if there's ever a meeting in St. Louis, I'd love to meet everyone. I'd love a report from you!!! Once again, I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site. What a blessing!!!

Jan

jan3213

RLS meeting

Post by jan3213 »

Ruby

I can't go--husband is getting his master's--money's tight. But, if there's ever a meeting in St. Louis, I'd love to meet everyone. I'd love a report from you!!! Once again, I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site. What a blessing!!!

Jan

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

The meeting will be at the Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center on Nov 12-13. There will be several speakers covering new discoveries and research as well as several topics such as genetics, augmentation, iron therapy, etc. The fee is $30 before Aug 30 and $40 after. That will cover meeting materials, and breakfast, lunch and reception. You can register on the RLS site. They have also gotten a room rate of $119 per night for attendees. RLS has a quarterly newsletter that is great for general info like this. You need to join the RLS Foundation for $25 and you can get the newsletter as well as several different pamphlets of info. It is well worth the money. You can e-mail the foundation under "contact us" if you have questions about the meeting or getting around. I am pretty sure they could provide you with help in getting from the airport to the meeting. If anyone can't go, either I will copy and mail you info or you may be able to get info sent to you. Try contacting www.rls.org/2004meeting. I'll talk to you all later and see who might be able to go.

jumpyowl

Thanks Ruby!

Post by jumpyowl »

I hope you got my private belated e-mail. :)

I decided to follow your advice and registered at RLS. Due to a glitch I registered 3x with 3 different credit cards.(the first two were apparently not accepted). However, I was notified 3 times by a P.O. :?

I complained and lois quickly took care of it.

Lots of hugs!
Jumpy Owl

sardsy75

Would love to come, but...

Post by sardsy75 »

As much as I'd love to be there....it's just a lil too far away!

So, I'm going to have to rely on you guys to fill me in on what happens!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

becattx

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Post by becattx »

I'M GOING, I'M IN, I'M THERE.......OMG CAN I TRAVEL WITHOUT A HUBBY AND TEENAGERS?????? :shock:
THINK OF IT, FINALLY I'LL BE AROUND OTHER SMALL PHARMCY OWNERS LIKE MYSELF. THE PEOPLE AROUND ME WON'T THINK I HAVE FLEAS WHEN I ITCH. EVERYONE ELSE WILL BE POPPING PILLS AND NOT SITTING STILL....JUST LIKE ME.
I THINK I'VE LOST IT. :D
CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL THAT GET TO GO.

fussybird

count me in!

Post by fussybird »

I'm going to plan on going!

It would be great to meet each other! (I live near LB)

Rita

Post by Guest »

yes yes yes I want to go too are the rooms 119 per room or person maybe some of us could room together. We could stay up all night and chat hahaha or at least we wouldnt have to worry about keeping some one else up. Please keep the info comming so I can start saving I think it sounds wonderful thankyou Lyndarae