Wretched Life

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, Penguin, the holding still part. . .I had to have an MRI of my knee. This was before my RLS was a daily part of my life, so I didn't really think about it. I made the appointment for 8 PM. What was I thinking???? The darn thing took 45 minutes. Of course I had RLS within 10. So, I tried to determine when it was taking pics and when it was 'thinking' based on the sounds it made. Then I tried to wiggle JUST my thigh, but not my knee. It's pretty funny now, but all I could think about that night was having to do it again because it didn't work!

It must have worked, though. They didn't ask me to come back, and off to knee surgery I went.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi Ann and all

It was kinda funny. Trying to hold still and my thighs were shakin' like 60! But, like you, I guess it worked because all my films came out.

Had x-rays for : right wrist, right elbow, right hip, right knee....

LOL....hold still !!! hee hee hee hee heee

Sorry, but it cracks me up! Just put me in something that lets my body do what it has to.

I can just see those techs now, looking at those x-rays....."how the heck can they be so blurry!!!??? " haa haa haa

Love you
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Update

I had a bone scan done. Good news is I do NOT have Fibro and I am "structurally sound". Bad news, they've NO IDEA what's wrong with me then. *besides the RLS i mean*

For over two weeks now, I've been wearing a neck collar off and on. Trying heat, moist heat, ice, Aleve, Darvocet while still taking my Neurontin.

I called my neuro and she's never heard of neurontin causing this kind of neck pain, so she told me to experiment and cut back again on the mg. of it. Well, that hasn't helped.

Have a new script now for Demerol and will go fill it today. Problem: Kathleen will be at a competition today until "sometime after midnight"...

So won't be taking it til after that....hopefully sleep will come...

So ya, I'm posting this under the Wretched Life, cuz I've just about had it.

Love
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

becat

((((((Penguin))))))))

Post by becat »

Well I'm not sure whether to say I'm so sorry and just hug you or to say Yeah it's not fibro and hug you.
So I'll hug you and tell you this.
I know that your in pain daily. I know how much it takes from you a little bit at a time. I wish they knew what was causing your neck to hurt this way. Seems it's easier to deal with what has a name or a least a reason why. I did have that for a couple of years as a teen, but mine was due to an accident and whiplash....my neck just wouldn't hold up my head. And it always seem to happen right before a miagraine. Sorry I offer no help to you about what yours is. I do sympathize though.
The Demerol might certainly help, I'm so glad you've got a choice now. yup, those nights I'm waiting up for the kids seem longer, but you and both know that it's well worth when they come home. Crossed fingers and great thoughts that the competition is a success for miss Kathleen. I know your proud of her.
Yes, rest as well as you can. I'm hoping these meds work for you.
Wretched Life is just what it is somedays, no way around it, but knowing you that moon will be shining and you'll fight for the right stuff and the knowledge you need to learn to live better.
My hugs, my love and the moon.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I thank you Ms. Be. I know you are very busy getting ready for FL. Take my portion of the moon with you and please don't forget me.

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

When I left work last night, there was just a gorgeous crescent moon with a bright star beside it. It had been a terrible day (the whole week has been) but when I saw that moon I thought of all my friends here on this board. Randy, your RLS is no less slight than anyone else's. Maybe some of us have a harder time managing ours or it may be more severe but you have RLS. So you and everyone else have the same "rights and priviledges" on this board to gripe, vent, cry, laugh, despair, celebrate, whatever. I have visited several discussion boards for various things (even some for things other than illnesses!) but this is the one I always come back to. You and everyone else who has posted here find out pretty quick just how caring everyone is. You have met the best and there are more that are coming on and sharing everyday. I haven't talked with everyone yet, but I listen and read and am amazed at the outpouring of caring. I gain so much from every person. I love your sense of humor. Penguin is such a strong lady. Hazel just pours out love. I just love watching how "newbies" (meant in a kind way) find their strength and courage here. I hope no one who comes here ever feels left out or ridiculed. I have some wonderful friends here. Becat, Jannie, Ann and am making new ones. I miss some who don't post anymore. But we're a group of people who TRULY care about what goes on with you, whether it's the RLS, another illness, your family or just a crappy/wonderful day. Getting sappy here so I'll back off. Besides, supper is waiting to be fixed. Can't seem to teach it to fix itself! Just wanted to say that although it's a shame any of us have to be on this board, I'm mighty glad to have met you.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Well, our trip to the meeting is in just a few days, and I feel so honored and privileged to be able to go. I, too, have made some great friends on here and am also making new ones. This IS the best support group I've been to, and I've been around.

Ann, I'm so anxious to meet you. And, anyone else who is coming--if there's a name tag, I'll have "Jan3213" on it underneath my name, so you'll know who I am. It'll give you a chance to run the other way! hehe

We ARE a family here. Penguin and Hazel, I'm getting to know you better and better. You are both great people. I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but know that I'm here for any of you any time!

This Board has always drawn some great people. I think I'll always need the support here, the friendship and the feeling that I'm not in this boat alone. Yes, misery loves company, but you don't just find misery here. You find compassion, help, true support and very caring people who all seem to have a common goal.

I'm so proud of those who have gone above and beyond in fighting this battle: Becat, Ruby and Ann and Trev, who is a fairly new member. I'm proud to call you my friends. In fact I'm proud to be affiliated with anyone on this board, because one good thing this RLS "gives" you is a much stronger sense of compassion for others--no matter what their problem and that is so evident here.

Ruby, I would have loved to have seen that crescent moon and start last night. I think it might have been a "sign" of better days ahead for you. Can you hear us howling? No? Well, just listen next week!

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

IanFraughton

Post by IanFraughton »

Hi everyone,

(((Ruby))) Glad to hear you don't have fibro Ruby but sad to hear they don't know whats wrong. Hope they figure it out so you can get some relief from the pain. I had very bad neck pain back in Feb-Apr and was certain some new malady had taken hold and would leave me in agony for the rest of my life. Luckily it was just stress and eventually eased up but I was surprised stress could cause that much pain and suffering but my doc said it's not surprising at all considering it's the weakest part of the body. I don't know whats wrong with your neck but I understand neck pain, it slowly drives you to tears and frustration which for me ony increased the stress which only increased the pain. All I can say my dear is sit down and try to identify all the stress factors in your life and do your best to if not eliminate them, then to at least bring them down to a level you can live with. I'm not sure how much a massage costs down there but I know with me it relieves a lot more stress and tension than I realize so I'm off to make an appointment right after I'm done here as it's been awhile and I deserve one.

As for me and the north we are doing a heck of a lot better than when I got here close to a year ago. The doc put me on Permax which seems to be helping calm my legs down at night. I take one at 4-5pm when the crawling gets worse than it usually is during the day(thinking of asking if I can take one in the morning too) and two at bedtime with either an Atavan or a sleeping pill, taking neither more than 2-3 times a week so I don't get addicted to them. Moved closer to town finally and work is not bad except being a Produce clerk leaves me with a nasty backache and I'm starving at work but no appitite when I get home....lol :wink: Oh well, can't have things start getting normal now, wouldn't know what to do with normal anyways. What is normal these days...?

Oh yea, my Seasonal Affective Disorder is alive a well but like the sign says it's a seasonal thing so I live with it.

Well I won't be able to make it to Orlando, be nice to meet all of you and give you a real hug but at least I know you and that's enough for me. Now that I'm closer to the comps I'll be around here more often, talk to ya' all then.

Peace 8)

Ian
I call my pacing the "Waltz of the Damned". Anyone care to dance...?

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Rubyslipper wrote:When I left work last night, there was just a gorgeous crescent moon with a bright star beside it. It had been a terrible day (the whole week has been) but when I saw that moon I thought of all my friends here on this board. Randy, your RLS is no less slight than anyone else's. Maybe some of us have a harder time managing ours or it may be more severe but you have RLS. So you and everyone else have the same "rights and priviledges" on this board to gripe, vent, cry, laugh, despair, celebrate, whatever.
Just wanted to say that although it's a shame any of us have to be on this board, I'm mighty glad to have met you.

Just got back from Ohio today. My Grandma passed on Sunday, so we had the Funeral today near Mansfield Ohio. She was 92 years old though, and had 16 children...14 of whom are still alive, plus a plethora of Great and Great Great Grandchildren. I wasn't really super close with her, (she has always lived in Ohio and we've always lived in Indiana) but I really enjoyed the times that I was able to visit with her over the years. She was one of those people that won't be forgotten soon.
My wife and I stayed with my Aunt "Cookie". Came home with a Quilt she'd "made" (I don't know, is "made" the right word here?)(sewed? created? assembled?) and another for my oldest son who's wife is pregnant with their first.
I don't know why I just told you all that...but there it is.
Really just wanted to say thanks for the kind words that are quoted above. You and everyone else here are just fine people. Thanks.
Hope everything is great.
Randy

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Randy,

So very sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Loss is a terrible thing to have to go through.

My Gramma was a notorious cookie pusher! She used to crochet everything!

But, I knew that the mittens she made us were warmer than any you could buy in the store. My Gramma's were made with love in the stitches.

God Bless you and your family

Love
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

IanFraughton

Post by IanFraughton »

Also sorry to hear about your loss Randy. I never got close to my grandparents as they both passed away before I was five I believe and only have a few vague images of them at best. Sadly they were alcoholics and didn't really care much about anything exept getting drunk so I guess knowing them wouldn't of mattered. I can honestly say I envy you your memories even if you didn't get to know her as well as you'd like to at least you have memories of your grandmother. Cherish them, as much as the rest of your family, for they are both priceless.

Peace

Ian
I call my pacing the "Waltz of the Damned". Anyone care to dance...?

becat

Hugs and Love

Post by becat »

Hugs and my sympathies to you Randy.
Our family can play such an important role and the loss is just so sad. Grandmas are special people, I know mine was an awesome friend.
92 yrs. in this world and so a big wonderful family. You'll cherish those quilts and may they offer you a good feeling everytime you see them.

I'm sure seeing that many family members at once was a mixed blessing as well. I hope you all celebrated the lady that even in the end brought you together as a family. In Feb., when I lost my belove grandmother, I was constantly looking at my family members and watching to find who showed signs with RLS and not. Weird I admit, but it took my mind off of what was really going on.

Hello to Ian and to Miss Penguin.......my love and hugs to you both as well.

Yes, good people on this board. And I can promise you Miss Rubyslippers is one of the best. She is not only funny and warm, she works hard on our behalf within this community. We are all lucky to have her.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Randy, I am so sorry for your loss. Family is just about the most important thing in the world to me. All my grandparents have passed on as well as my mother and father-in-law. But I have such wonderful memories of them. My friends are just as important and I can't imagine my life without all of you. I may not ever get to meet some of you but I count you as friends. Friends are family in my book, you just get to pick them. What a bouquet I have!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Post by Guest »

So sorry for your loss. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hazel

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Randy

I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. What a legacy she left and, what wonderful memories she has apparently made for all of you. Words seem empty at a time like this, but please know that I care.

Sincerely,
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.