Rotigotine

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
i wanthelp

Rotigotine

Post by i wanthelp »

Good morning eveyone... I have great news......
I went to the doctor again yesterday and I recieved patch number 3... I feeling like a new woman. I am taking part in a study using the patch called rotigotine. When I started this study they made no promises that I would recieve the medicine. I could have gotten placebo or rotigotine. Well after going back to the doctor now for 4 visits and recieving my patches I feel like a new woman. I told Dr. Becker(my doctor) this yesterday and he was so glad to see how much I have inproved. I still do not know which patch is the medicine and right now I do not care.. I can sleep at night and get up rested in the morning. My jerking and twitching is almost gone and I have even been told I look better.. My eyes are clearer and my skin is looking pretty once again.
I am in this study for 8 months and after it is over I can still recieve the medicine to help me. I want to screem this to the hill tops and let every one know they also can feel better... I know they still have openings for this study and if anyone is interested please please just give me a holler and I can give you allllllllllll the information you need.
I also know they have other studies going on right now so it the 8 month one is not to your liking maybe something else will be... And hey they also pay you for your time.. and give you the medicine... How cool is that... can not ask for anything better right??????
I wanthelp

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

that is so great where are they doing the study or can anyone from the across the world be in it? Like do the ppl doing the study work with the doctor you have at the moment?

i wanthelp

study

Post by i wanthelp »

Hi jrowley. The only place I know there the study is going on is Dallas, TX. But I bet you can find out if you do some poking around... I listen to talk radio.. and that is where I heard about the study going on.. I am sure you have talk radio in your town.. Listen to them or every give them a call. Good luck to you... I know how bad I felt before I found help...

Sharon

trevb

Post by trevb »

great news for you and good luck to you 'i want help'... i think you need to change your name now though?lol

i wanthelp

I think you might be right

Post by i wanthelp »

Yea you are right... I need a name change... sometime like I WIN??? ehehehe.. what do you think??????

becat

That is awesome

Post by becat »

Hi to you both.
Hugs as well.
You know there is a link to this study.
http://www.restlesslegs.org/research/studies.html

That's how I knew about the study after I want Help and I talked. You can always look here on this site under medical & scentific info on the tab above.

I'm so glad it's working for you Iwant Help. I know your looking forward to working in your yard and enjoying the cooler temps while we have them around here. (TX) I thank you for the work your doing on our behalf. Yes, you are. Being apart of this study means your working for good things for the RLS community. Thank God your getting good results. I hope it stays that way. Yahoooooo!
And Jan, Iwanthelp and I see the same doc.. Yes, he is doing the study and is also a teaching doc.. Thankfully he'll be teaching a whole new generation of docs to know about, understand, and be able to treat RLS.
ANyone looking to be apart of these studies can look at the link I've given to see if there is one in your area.
Hugs to you both.

i wanthelp

YES YES YES

Post by i wanthelp »

Hi becat.. Yes I am so very excited about my resluts .. I wish the weather stay this wonderful for a while so I can get out in my garden and play.

Our doctor is so wonderful in that he is a teacher and a poineer in this field. I know he will be able to teach other doctors about RLS with great results.

Becat you are so great also providing a place for us to come to and get help with our RLS. You also provide a great service to others and I thank you so very much.. I am looking forward to being a part of this movement and maybe even a cure.....

I have a date on Fri. nite with a way cool gentlemen and we are going to the movies.. In the past I would not even have thought of going to the movies and with a man... not in a million yrs... I know(I hope anyway) tomorrow night I will be able to sit and enjoy the movie and the nice man.

WOW
hugs

becat

WOW

Post by becat »

Love the new name WOW!
LOL You found me first and I don't provide this place the foundation does. I just show ya'll the link to get here. That is the easy part.
WOW, I know your joy in finding this place and something that is working. I'm #70 on the membership rolls here, and I got here a broken, wounded soul. This place helped to educate me about RLS, but the people here did so much more for me.
This place is where I found hope, fight, and so many wonderful people that were willing to support me. You've got that too now.
It's always wonderful to be Normal Here, good days and bad. So it's not me, it's always us.
A date hmmmmmm? Don't figit! LOL :D
Hugs to ya.

i wanthelp

I think you are way cool lady bug...

Post by i wanthelp »

Well I have some interesting news once again... Last night I lost one of my patches.. I did not realize it until late. I already had some jerking. I was so surprised..I was not able to sleep until I got up and changed them and after a while I was able to fall to sleep but my sleep was not a restfull one for some reason.. Not sure why I am going to ask when I go back on Wed...

To my new friend you are so wonderful. I know I have learned so much from you already and yes I know you just give out information but
what information you give out.. eheheheh
RLS is a fight we all must fight but with this message board and wonderful people like you it makes it so much easier now....
I looking forward to not fiditing at the movies... wow what a deal... I will let you know how the movie was... ehehehe

Hugs

i wanthelp

I went to the movies

Post by i wanthelp »

Hi everyone... Well I went to the movies on Fri night and you know I did not twitch or jerk all through the movie. It felt so great to sit there like all the other people and just watch the movie...

But at the same time I must also tell you that I had a very hard night afterwards.. for some reason I did twitch and jerk the night away... I plan to ask my doctor about this when I see him again on Wed morning...

Sharon

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sharon, do you think maybe it's because you were without the patch for awhile? Maybe you lost the continuity in your blood stream. Just a wild non-medical guess, but I know my RLS is always worse for a day or two after I screw with my dosing schedule (usually negligence on my part).

Hah, I bought a watch with 3 alarms. I set the alarms to the times I was supposed to take my meds. But I don't like watches, so I always would forget to take it with me - big help those alarms are when I'm several miles away from them! Now it sits on my desk and goes off at a time I don't take my meds. . .

Hope you have a good night tonight. And what ncie thing that you could go to a movie. That's is great. Hope the date was reasonable, too. Even if it wasn't all that and a bag of chips, I hope that it was at least fun.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

i wanthelp

well maybe

Post by i wanthelp »

Ann I do not think I was without my patches.. I do watch them very closly only because I do sometimes loose them..and if I do loose them it does not take a few days for my RLS to start giving me problems its like hours.. so what are you taking that it takes days ????? WOW

I am like you I do not like to wear a watch... so I would also forget.. but then I know something is helping me and I want NOT to go there with the pain... so I remember to change my patches every day...

The date was good.. I like this man so far but it is only our 2nd date.. so time will tell... but he does seem to be understanding about RLS.... and the movie was GREAT!!!!!!

Sharon

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sharon, I just meant that you lost one of them and didn't realize it for awhile (from your previous post). Yes, when I take a drug that is continuous in my system, the longer I take it, the more a disruption creates problems. It can last one to 5 days, depending on the drug, the length I've taken it, and the length I was without it. Right now, if I am quite late on the methadone, I have problems the night I missed it or was late, and the next night. The third night I am back to normal.

But some drugs are worse. Klonopin has a 30-40 hour half life. A person doesn't start getting side effects from stopping it or missing a day, for at least 2-3 days. It then takes two or three more days from when you started it back at the right level to get back to normal.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

i wanthelp

Post by i wanthelp »

Hi everyone, it has been a while since I have been here... I have been very busy with other things.. but I again have some great news.. It seems my RLS is very much under control.. I am not only having to go to
the doctor once a month now. I have had 2 minor flair ups but that to me is not to bad... For the most part I sleep allllllllllllllllllllll night and get up rested and ready to start my day. I feel so much better and I know it is because of the medicine I am getting from the study. I know they still have some openings if anyone is interested...Let me know...

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

I didn't want to start a new thread since this looks like a good place to drop off a link regarding this new patch for Rotigotine:

http://www.docguide.com/news/content.ns ... 05004BCA02