For my own knowledge can everyone tell what meds you are on?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Lovechild

For my own knowledge can everyone tell what meds you are on?

Post by Lovechild »

For my own knowledge can everyone tell me what they are on for rls and how you manage it?

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi Lovechild

Currently, I'm on 300 mg of Neurontin and I believe I may have to "up" that to 600 mg. Seems to be "wearing off" already.

My prayers and support are always here!

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Mylo

Post by Mylo »

I'm on Sinemet 25/250. It's working fairly well for me, after a few tries with other drugs (Clonazepam and Sinemet 25/100).

*hugs*
Diagnosed RLS in February 2005.

Butterfoot

Meds

Post by Butterfoot »

My cocktail consists of Sinemet and Permax with an occasional Percocet mixed in when things get desperate.

Margot
May only good come your way.

becat

Hi Love

Post by becat »

Hi lovechild.....
I hope this finds you better tonight. Sorry I didn't response faster..
I'm currently taking Percodan and Ambien.
I know you've had a tough time this year. Like the other wonderful people here I wish there were something easy to tell you.
The moon shines for you too!

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I'm going to get my darvocet today...i've got fire shooting up my back into my head....bad bad attack last night I guess you could call it and attack.

Went to see my daughter's band competition and SURPIRSE it was raining. I took a big quilt to sit on so I wouldn't be directly on the wood bleachers, but when I got home, the pain and jerking of my right leg was OFF THE HOOK!

I'm gonna try uping my Neurontin as well.

Just when you think you're starting to feel good, this da*n thing jumps up and grabs you in the a**!

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Butterfoot

Penguin

Post by Butterfoot »

Ah Penguin,

I feel very bad for you. I know exactly what you're feeling. And when it comes back after being under control, it seems even harder to take emotionally. When it hit me last week, I cried like a baby...I was so mad and sad and frustrated. Hope you find more relief real soon.

***HUGS***

Margot

becat

((((HUGS))))

Post by becat »

Aw Miss Penguin and Miss Margot,
I'm liking the cooler weather theme, but the rain, cold and wet. Ugh! I hope the sweetheart won big to make up for the kicking. I know you'd walk over glass for that lucky kid. You prove it everyday.
Ouch! I can't believe you hadn't gotten that filled already! Please tell me they didn't just get it for you on Fri.? OMGosh, they don't get this stuff, somedays do they? Docs, have to have them, but man some need to catch up with us.
I'm hoping that Darvocet kicked in and you found wonderful relief.
Yup, as you know we all tend to have those days that just wreck us. Hmmm, I've had a few myself.....LOL
Best advice, Hot bath, good medication, and a vacation for all of us...LOL RLS or not.....I'm thinking somewhere sunny with a beach. Ok, we're not going to be doing that anytime soon, so come here and vent honey. I'll hug you from Texas. LOL
Hugs and Howls to you all.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi Be and Margot,

Thanks for the best wishes. The band received 3 stars outta 5 so not too shabby. Becat, thanks for what you said. That means a lot!

No, actually the problem wasn't the docs this time, it was the lack of funds. Even though I do have insurance, you still need to have the co-pay to get your meds....
Seems like I'm spending all my money on meds...
I'm sure you all feel that way.

Margot, I know what you mean about losing the control of it. Just when you have it in your head that this thing is "sleeping" BAM! Lets you know in a BIG way that you still have it.

Love
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Butterfoot

Post by Butterfoot »

Penguin and Becat,

That's great about your daughter's band doing so well Penguin! She must be so proud of herself, and you of her.

Yes, the money thing can be a real problem when it comes to getting some relief. Between the of meds meds for pain and RLS, I sometimes wonder how we make ends meet. Now, my orthopedic doc wants me to get a tens unit. Our health insurance just changed in August and it won't cover the tens unit as a prescription, so I would have to pay full amt since my deductible hasn't been met. Can't afford that, so have to do without. The healthcare expenses just keep getting higher and higher.

Becat, the temps here will finally be tolerable after the hurricane blows through. Our highs will only be in the 70's. That really will be a relief. I won't have to have the fan blowing over me at nights anymore for awhile! I'm looking forward to that!

Looking forward to meeting ya'll in a couple of weeks!

Blessings,
Margot

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Wilma's winds are headed this way and I'm up in MA!

I actually believe that I am a human barometer and that's why we all feel so crappy when the weather turns....the barometric pressure changes and our bodies scream!!!! :evil:

Going after work to pic up yet more meds. Hopefully, it'll be an early night tonight and I can catch some sleep before the alarm clock goes off.

Love you all

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

becat

Thankful

Post by becat »

Margot, I'm am so thankful that Wilma passed so quickly. However, I probably won't think it went by that fast sitting in Florida.
I'm so glad that your safe and sound.
Here's to hoping that the hurricanes take a break while we are all there, otherwise, your house may be full of us! LOL
Penguin, I hope the meds work tonight and the weather backs off. I, too, feel the weather. Hubby thinks he needs to read the paper or watch the news for rain. LOL Hmmm just ask me.
I'll tell you know it was chilly this morning in Texas. Yahoo! Didn't get close to a 100 degrees and loved it. You hunker down girl, I'm hoping Wilma spins out to sea soon. Don't mind it being chilly if I make it that way next month, but could we wait on anything more than that...LOL
Yes, tonight is an early night and sweet rest is ours. Crossed my fingers and said a prayer.
Hugs, and take care of you....all of you.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

ya know that calm before the storm thingy....not a good sign...but anyhoo, what happens happens I guess. I can't stop it.

All I CAN do is keep you all so close to my heart and you all are so important to me....

Stay safe, sleep well and take care

Love
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Butterfoot

Post by Butterfoot »

Becat,

You'll be happy to know that since Wilma blew through, we have the most pleasant temperatures....a cold front was chasing right behind her. We've had the high's in the 70's and lows in the 40's and 50's. Hope it stays this nice for next weekend's conference!!

Only low TS winds here. Our friends to the south weren't so fortunate. Some still without power and water. At least the temps are tolerable for them. When Charley hit last year, we had horribly humid days in the 90's with no electricity to run the A/C.

Look forward to meeting you all next weekend!

M

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

SNOWED SATURDAY!!!!!

We got 3 inches of SNOW!!!!!

What the.....
Beware the Penguin