Nose Hair

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Walking After Midnight

Nose Hair

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Hi Everybody!

Ok...this isn't really about nose hair. I was just kiddin'. Just seeing if you were paying attention.

It's really a question about RLS meds and Life Insurance.

Company I work for switched ownership a while back, and my Life Insurance went with it. I called The Insurance Lady and talked to her about getting some, (Life Insurance) and she asked me what medications I'm taking. She acted like she's never heard of Klonopin or Neurontin, and quoted me a price...but then she called back.
Now they're going to send someone over to take some blood, or hair, or urine...something.

So, has anyone run across this? Can I expect my Life Insurance premiums to be higher because I take Klonopin/Vicodin/Neurontin for RLS?

Thanks,
Randy

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Dufus! Should have known it wasn't really about nose hair. I'm not sure about a higher premium but I know that as long as you haven't let your insurance drop (gone without being insured from one carrier to another) they have to insure you. But that's on health insurance. Since she already quoted you a price, I don't think she can go back on it especially since RLS isn't life-threatening. It only seems that way! But keep me posted because I'm interested in what happens. I handle the health insurance where I work but I know life insurance is totally different. Whatever happens, don't just sit there without asking questions. But then I guess I didn't have to tell you that, did I?!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Butterfoot

:)

Post by Butterfoot »

Never heard of anything like that happening with life insurance....
but I can tell you what's good for those nose hairs! :lol:

Thanks for the giggles.
M
May only good come your way.

trevb

Re: Nose Hair

Post by trevb »

Walking After Midnight wrote:Now they're going to send someone over to take some blood, or hair, or urine...something.
Randy

maybe theyre going to take a sample of nose hair?? :o

not sure about the life insurance thing... sorry