another rls website

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
trevb

another rls website

Post by trevb »

you may have seen this before but i stumbled into it....its s pharmacuetical website!!!!

one for people....
http://www.restlesslegs.com/ar.html

and one for professionals...
http://www.restlesslegs.com/hcp/index.html

its got a good rls symptoms checklist that you can tick and print off to show your doctor for new diagnosis. check it out

http://www.restlesslegs.com/di2.html

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

yeah, I just found it today! I think it's new, as it came in a Google alert. And I'm glad that they actually have a link to this Foundation webstite. But ithe info wasn't very detailed. Then again, I only looked at it for a few minutes - but it sure seemed 'light' to me.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Butterfoot

restlesslegs.com

Post by Butterfoot »

Trevb and ViewsAskew,

This is the webpage address shown on the Requip TV commercial for RLS that just came out. It took me awhile to realize it was set up by the company that markets Requip. It does give some good information though. At least they're letting the world of TV viewers know that those of us with this aren't really as whacked as they think!
May only good come your way.

Kris

Post by Kris »

The information always seems 'light' to me.

I know that I am not the only RLS sufferer who has been through total HELL with the thing. Lucilly I am having a good spell now, but for a long time I could hardly walk or sit and my symptoms were constant and very painful.

To me most of these sites make RLS look like a minor nuisaance.

Sure, it is sometimes..it was for me for years and is right now, but I had a few years I really just thought it would be better to be DEAD.

Sara

Post by Sara »

Kris,

I feel the same way about the commercials as you do about the sites, even though my RLS is milder than some here. :roll: Like they want it to be a big enough annoyance you'll try their drugs, but not much beyond that.

Also, has anyone else noticed that just watching the ads gives you heeby-jeebies? Doesn't "give" me RLS symptoms, but if I don't happen to have them (and I always seem to see it at night, so that's rare) it makes me irritable and almost anxious ... and if I DO have symptoms, I usually leave the room.

Sara

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

They posted those sites when the fda approved requip for rls. I actually wish they would a better job of sending ppl to the california site and here for more information.
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!