personal update and english doctors

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
trevb

personal update and english doctors

Post by trevb »

well, thought id share that i went to the doctor for the first time regarding my rls..... and it was soooo easy!!

she was very nice and understanding. i gave her the rls website which she looked at and asked me the 'prompt' questions that are posted there (which i knew off by heart and duly answered!!!).

so ive got my ferritin levels checked and a formal diagnosis... hmmm it feels wierd, especially after 30 odd years complaining of this with no reason other than me thinking i was just a bit wierd!!

she went thro the meds thing which was reassuring that she was aware of the right meds...(we decided there was no need for this at the present time)
anyway no need to reply, just thought id keep you guys in the picture.
Last edited by trevb on Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear trevb,

So happy to hear that the dr visit went well, and that she was understanding! That in itself is encouraging isn't it! It is encouraging to me to hear a positive outcome. Thank you for sharing and keeping us informed of your progress.

Were your ferritin levels low? Did she prescribe medication?

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Hazel

trevb

Post by trevb »

i havent found out yet. due for the blood test tomorrow at the hospital. ill let you guys know... :D

no meds needed at present... i manage with lifestyle and lots of wriggling around!! :lol:

becat

Seems like good news

Post by becat »

Hi Trev.,
Wow, sounds like good news on your front too! It's going around tonight.
What I want to know is did you get the prescription for the new Bed? lol
I hope she gave you that too!
Hugs to ya, we're taking your spirit with us to Orlando!
Chat with ya'll Sunday.

trevb

Post by trevb »

no becat no prescription, but a letter that will allow me to not pay 17% vat.. which is about $400 in your money!!

No zzzzz's

Post by No zzzzz's »

Hey Trev,

Sounds like you had good news to, congrats.

trevb

Post by trevb »

thnx!!

trevb

Post by trevb »

well my ferritin was normal but from what i can gather that doesnt mean nmuch if the problem may be to do with the way we cant assimilate iron where its needed (as anne suggested doctors were hypothesising in the orlando conference post)

so no news there, but im coping ok without meds still...although i do wonder if i notice my rls more now i know what it is and have a naem to it...... or is it i just have it more now?.... or perhaps because since i joined this forum its in my mind more so i notice it more in the front of my mine rather than just unconsciously jiggling my leg around without knowing it??? i duno....

i know i discussed this a bit a while back but either this forum is no good for me because its too muich in the front of my mind so i notice it more or get affecteed by it more.... or its just got slightly worse since i joined the forum??????????????

hmmmmm.... just hypothesising??!!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Trev,

Glad you got the results. Remember that 'normal' means anything over 20. But for us is has to be at least 50. And some docs would say that even if it is 50, it can't hurt to increase the iron up to as much as 225 just to see if it helps.

It is possible that thinking about it makes it worse, but I tend not to think so. My grandmother, mom, two uncles, sister, and brother all have RLS. So does my DH, his ex-wife, his brother, etc. At various times of my life, even while living with people with little or severe RLS has never impacted the amount I have.

Are you sitting at the PC at night when in the past you would have been doing something else? Or changed your routine to accomodate spending time at the site? Maybe it's something simple that's affected it. Then again, maybe it is just a rough patch and will get better soon. I'll cross my fingers for that.

Ann
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

No zzzzz's

Post by No zzzzz's »

Palm Fronds Anyone? :shock: