Exhausted....Imagine that!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Sole

Post by Sole »

Ok Jumpy. I'm ready but where is it? Don't see it in General Topics. Maybe you actually went back to bed and are getting some sleep? Hmm...novel. :-)

sole

jumpyowl

Reply to Sole

Post by jumpyowl »

Impatient as usual :) No such luck. It takes a while to write such a long post, Sole. It is there now even with a poll question. While I was correcting it, five lurkers already viewed it (no vote, though).

Looks like you cannot sleep either? Sorry! :cry:
Jumpy Owl

Sole

More follow-up....Night #2

Post by Sole »

Sole wrote:I posted this in another thread as a response to Nadia but thought I'd post it her too as follow-up.
"Nadia,

Thank you so much for posting that link! I got some rest for the first time in four nights!! On the site, she suggests "screaming louder than your legs" by concentrating on something else. I've done concentrating on things before but it was always on stuff I'd make up in my head and it didn't work at all. Last night, I put on music (usually I play sleep sounds that sound like static), good ol' 80's Monster Ballads and turned them up to a volume that would intentionally hold my attention and keep me awake. I didn't "try" to go to sleep. Instead, I got into my sleep position and mouthed every word to every song, trying NOT to sleep. I resisted the temptation to "check in" with my legs because the few times I did, there they were screaming at me and I refused to check in to see if I was getting sleepy enough to fall asleep. That wasn't a hard one because I KNEW how sleepy I was, not having slept for four nights. So I just laid there and mouthed all of my favorite songs. That was about 2am. I must have laid there for a good hour and the next thing I knew, it was 7am. Woo-hoo!! So I did the opposite of what I usually do...trying to lay still, keep things quiet, etc. and it worked! I was so relieved this morning. How silly it must seem, to the rest of the world, to find such happiness and relief in 4 hours of sleep. :-) Anyway, thanks again for posting that link. I think I might actually attempt a nap today, as I'm still very exhausted.

sole"

Well, I tried it again last night and again, good results. I didn't get to bed until after 2am but it took me a very short time to fall asleep. I did take 2 mgs of Klonopin so maybe that helped too but it hasn't recently so I'm still chalking most of the success up to the "screaming louder than my legs" technique. This time, I got 5 hours of sound sleep. Woo-hoo!

sole

jumpyowl

Pain free dentistry

Post by jumpyowl »

It suddenly came to me that several decades ago I read about a pain free dentistry when through ear plugs music at a fairly high volume was "fed" to the patient while the dentist worked on their teeth.

It actually worked. I wonder why it never caught on. :?
Jumpy Owl

Sole

Post by Sole »

Probably because it sounds stupid. :lol:
Sole

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone."

Sole

Seriously though

Post by Sole »

I have read that noises over 90 Db (which is LOUD!) spike dopamine and create a natural endorphine high. So maybe that has something to do with it.
Sole

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone."