ORP: our research project

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.

Should we attempt to do this?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:35 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 9

Little Lamb

Post by Little Lamb »

I'm going to go off topic again, hope you don't mind. I have questions about this discussion board. Is the owner of this site ever here? Who moderates it?

jumpyowl

Post by jumpyowl »

I know next to nothing about the mechanism of RLS. I can tell from the "beta" word in the UHR address that it is experimental and as far as I know there is no moderator.

If I knew why you are asking me these questions I could probably be more helpful.

I am just a poster like you are.
Jumpy Owl

Little Lamb

Post by Little Lamb »

I was just wondering. Everybody seems to get along so well.

I used to belong to a Fraiser news group and trolls were there sometimes and disrupted everything.

I belong to other discussion groups and there are moderators and those who own the forum and they stop potential bad posters.

becat

we fight for ourselves

Post by becat »

n/a
Last edited by becat on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

becattx

new pharsing

Post by becattx »

I THINK I HAVE A NEW PHRASE THAT SUITS US.......
DEPRESSION IS USED OFTEN, WHAT ABOUT

"RLS HOPELESSNESS" INSTEAD.

claradragon

Post by claradragon »

You're not sounding too good there girl...(((((hugs))))) to you
Wish there was more i could do

I had a strange experience as a three year old and was wondering if it was worth putting in the questionaire

As a child I had a lot of problems with ear infections resulting in an operation to remove my tonsils and adenoids...during the operation i woke up!
It's not an experience i would recommend as it is rather disturbing to say the least!
But i was wondering with the infinate workings of our brains could this be linked to rls?

jumpyowl

Tonsillectomy

Post by jumpyowl »

I was four when I had my tonsils removed. The put me in a strait jacket, set in a nurses lap, my mouth was pried open and some ether was spinkled over a gauze covering my face. I remember most of it. That was in 1937 just after the WWII started. :shock:

At least I was promised ice cream afterwards which was supposed to help stop bleeding. :wink:

Well, as to the effect on my psyche, who know? There was no control! Plus our sensitivities are rather individualistic, I was also older and of different gender from you.

The do not use ether as it readily oxidizes to diethyl peroxide that is both toxic and even more explosive.

Becat, you do sound depressed!!! :( . I am deperately trying to find your post where you asked an interesting question about breaking pills in half. I shall try it again tomorrow.

I have been up since 2:30 AM.
Jumpy Owl

becat

My research this weekend

Post by becat »

n/a
Last edited by becat on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

nephriticus

Ice Crunching

Post by nephriticus »

Becat,

I'm still catching up on older posts. Back in April you remarked that you are an ice cruncher. My wife is now currently a recovering ice cruncher. On her last dental exam, the dentist claimed that ice crunching is detrimental to oral hygiene. The coldness, apparently, causes shrinking of the teeth. Seems you can't enjoy nuthin' these days.

becat

thats great

Post by becat »

Hi Nep,
That's a riot.......I'm out of the closet with my dental Hygenist. She hides my secret and giggles when the dentist says "watch out for those popcorn kernels". I know it's bad and I may be gumming my food later........but I just have to do it. The truth is that with my stomach problems, it actually helps after a meal.
You really must be reading. Have you filled out a bio in the New To RLS yet? Please do for us.
and keep posting.

nephriticus

Done did.

Post by nephriticus »

BIO posted same place as yours.

becat

awww

Post by becat »

Thank you.................