I'm Issuing a Challenge

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I'm beside you in this all the way. For those of you who don't know much about how the Foundation runs, let me tell you; it is on a shoestring. I have been to two Board of Directors meetings and have been so impressed with the work they do and how little money is spent. Did anyone know that the BOD members pay their own way to these meetings? All travel expenses, room, meals, etc. NOTHING comes out of the Foundation pocket. That, my firends, is dedication to a cause. The goal of the BOD and the Foundation is a cure. Better treatment in the meantime is a must, but they are looking to put themselves out of business by finding a cure. I plan on writing a longer thread about the Foundation and BOD and what they mean to US soon. Just have to get my thoughts together. But Becat is right, they need our support financially. How can we refuse to help? If it wasn't for the funds to put this discussion board together, how wouldwe have found each other? And I have an idea for a national fund-raiser that needs some help and ideas. So I'll get back to you all with that also. (If anyone is interested, that is)
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Becat, I have a piggy bank and all the change that falls out in the laundry goes in there. (which is any load of DH as I forget to check his pockets and he never does!) Haven't counted it, will send it to the foundation when it gets full.

Rubyslippers, If there is anything I can do to help just let me know! Looking forward to hearing more!

************Positive Thoughts***************

((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))))))

Rowing a steady pace under this waxing moon, Love Hazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

I have a candy jar that I use for all my spare change ...

Out of sheer curiosity, I counted it last week ... over AU$110 so far!!!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Awsome Nadia! Hey found a five dollar bill in one load of wash last weekend! folded it up small and shoved it in the pig!

*********Positive Thoughts to all************* Hazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

brandy

Post by brandy »

I know I'm behind, but finally got around to making my donation yesterday. I probably would not have done it without the info and encouragement you guys have provided. When I told my husband about the donation, I said, "And the reason I gave this donation is..." and he interrupted saying, "The reason is obvious." The support the I have found here from people who actually understand, and the work the the RLS Foundation is doing, not to mention the careful way they are using donated money, made it obvious to my husband why we should support this work with our finances. Thanks for the challenge!
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Brandy, you just made my day! You said it well and true. Thanks for the support and good words. If we could just get more people to think this way because everything you said is true!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

bump

becat

Post by becat »

Anyone doing the Silver Lining project anymore?
I am, total will be given at the National meeting, lol, in check form.
Fill those empty pill bottles ya'll. Let's see that they can be useful and helpful in a better, bigger way.
love ya and thank you for helping out.
Lynne

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Just back from weekend with hubby... he had been saving his change... as he knows I put any left in the wash in the pig - $34 in quarters, some odd nickles, dimes and pennies ... bless his heart! For those who can, this is such a simple/painless way to donate to the Foundation. Hazey

ctravel12

I'm issuing a challenge

Post by ctravel12 »

I just recently sent in my donation for a membership for $25.00 and Ruby was thrilled to see that. I am looking forward to getting the News Letters and reading all the info. I read all of the old and new posts everyday and get as much knowledge as I can. It is helping me and also I can offer help to someone else. My mom had rls and I used to see her rub her legs everynight and not knowing what she was going through. My heart aches that I could not help her. Now I have it and so does my older sister. That would be just wonderful if they could find a cure for this horrible disease. Ruby this was well written and am very proud to be a member of this wonderful and caring organization. If somebody cannot afford the membership, let me know and I will be more than willing to put in the $25.00 for them. No names need to be known. I was one of them that did not have any money for a long time and know how that fills. I would feel honored and priviledge to help out. In fact I used to think why had God put me on this earth and and now I know why.
If I can get another letter from rls for a membership I will be happy to do this. RLS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS WONDERFUL ORGANIZATION.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

brandy

Post by brandy »

Charlene, that's so cool of you! We both know how much the foundation has helped and I think it's awesome that you're willing to give someone else an opportunity to experience the help we have. You go, girl!
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

What a wonderful thing to do. Charlene, maybe you can join "for" a doctor in your area - maybe your primary care. . .the newsletters would then be sent to him or her. He or she might get a little RLS education that way.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

I'M issuing a challenge

Post by ctravel12 »

Ann that is a good idea. If I go on line and donate can I suggest that they do that and do I contact my dr ahead of time? In fact, you just gave me a good idea as my neurologist asked if a support group could be started where I live would I be interested in joining and without hesitating I said yes. You guys are so awesome and love all of you. Thanks
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Charlene, you could REALLY take a big step and become a support group leader, like Jan and Lynne and Barbara. They do SOOOO much good on a community level - working with docs, educating docs and sufferers, bringing hope and help to many.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

I'm issuing a challenge

Post by ctravel12 »

Ann that is the nicest compliment anyone could ever give me. In fact, when I was talking to the neurologist he asked me if I would consider running the group. I told him that I would think about it. I hope that I would be good at it. I know I have learned alot from this group and everyone has been so supportive to me. I will keep you informed on the outcome of this.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time