trev

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
trevb

trev

Post by trevb »

hi
just to let you all know i have stepped down as moderator.

a couple of reasons but mainly because a line was crossed regarding personal comments from one member to another which i felt was unnecessary, unprovoked and unapologetic. i hope there can be some headway with making this forum a safe place to support one another..

best regards
trev

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

hi Trev....

I'm so sorry to hear about this. This is supposed to be a safe place.

I hope you and the Mrs. and the baby are doing well....

love
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Trev, I don't know anything about you but I hate to see you go as moderator. I really feel that we've been very fortunate on this board to have so few incidents like this and so much support. I think this one slipped by me but I did hear a little about it. Thanks for all you have done for all of us and I wish you well.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Thanks for all the support you have offered. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. We still luv ya and hope to hear from you regularly even if it isn't as often! Give that wee one a big hug for me will you! And sending you a big hug Ms Penquin and Ms Rubyslippers! Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Trev,

everybody his/her opinion of course. But I would say that we have so much support in this group and one big incident, I mean, isn't it possible to look at the bright side of this group and not to this single incident?

Another positive view would be to say: hey, we have had an incident which wasn't nice at all, but all the more reason for me to stay and try to make the place safer?

And another thing: where people are involved there can be trouble. It is just so in this world, so in this group too. I don't think there is a support group without any trouble at all.

Well, Trev, as I said, you are entitled to your opinion. I wish you well.

Corrie

trevb

Post by trevb »

thnx corrie for your reply

i understand your point of view very well. the fact of the matter here really- was that only one person in this forum gave the person (who was slandered completely undeservedly and without reason) some support or any kind of positive word ... me!

that didnt feel very good considering the amount of love, care and effort she has put into the forum. i expected more in a forum of members who use <<<hugs>>> and positive encouragement such a lot in their posts. its left a sour taste in my mouth. :(

let me be totally frank and honest!
the post this relates to made me feel like there may be regulars here who are slandering, gossiping and talking behind peoples backs and making up untrue stories etc! i dont know why this is (and it may not be the case)as there was no reason for the attack but i dont want any place in it!

i hope that makes sense and no offence meant.

best regards
trev

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

No offence meant either, Trev. But I still think that if you are disappointed in the people of this forum you can make the decision to stay and contribute positive posts, like you always have done. You can read above that people don't like it that you are leaving, so isn't that a positive thing?
I can't speak for Ann of course, but I don't think that she likes it that you want to leave. She is a formidable woman and after one or two off-days (is that English?) she was back on the forum trying to help other people in her usual positive way.

Corrie

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Trev, you have to do what you think is right. But I'm not sure how many of us even knew there was a problem. I missed the entire thing and even now don't know what it was about or what thread it was on. It's just a shame that it all had to come to this. Hopefully at least it taught a few lessons and at the least we come away with more respect for one another. Good luck and please let us hear from you.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)