HELP

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Betty/WV

HELP

Post by Betty/WV »

This is the worst night I have had and I have had alot of them. My legs are going a mile a minute and I am ready to scream. If my husband wasn't sleeping a would scream at the top of my voice. :? Sometimes I get so I don't think I can take it anymore. I can't function. My life seems worthless. When I have nights like this, which is often, I am like a zombie the next day. And there are so many things I have to do and want to do.Surely there must be an answer. I take meds but they don't seem to work well. My doctor is very concerned and trys his best to help me, but so little is know about rls. Sorry to always be venting, I like to be a postive person but its hard to be postive under these conditions. And no one understands, they just think I'm nuts. Sometimes I think I'm nuts. I wish you all well. We are all in the same boat I guess. Take care. BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

hi betty
welcome

don't ever feel like you're going nuts...you're not....and believe it or not SOME people are willing to at least TRY and understand what controls our lives now....

others? well, i'm getting to ignore them...we don't need the added stress and pain of ignorance.

i'm having a bad FLARE up for the past week, week and 1/2....

i wish i could offer some wonder thingy to get us all thru times like this, but that's when it's nice to be able to come here and let people who know...know.... :lol:

sorry, i'm very tired and the beginnings of a migraine are on the way....

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

senior

My Restless Legs Syndrome

Post by senior »

Hi!

I have severe RLS in which the horrible discomfort is in my right lower abdomen. I've had a ovary removed 12/80. I got my menopause in May of 1990, I believe. At the time I was diagnosed with RLS. I was taking Desepermine, a tricycllic antidepressant. I discontinued taking the antidepressant hoping the RLS would go away. It did NOT. In fact, it got worse. I believe the antidepressant triggered my RLS. I also believe that my menopause and the fact I had my right ovary removed caused my RLS or made it worse.

I'd really like to have some feedback regarding the above.

Thanks!

Carol Ann Sondergaard
E-mail address: Csondergaard22@wmconnect.com

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Believe me, we know how both of you feel. Betty, when RLS hits hard like it has with you those feelings of helplessness, anger, frustration are hard to fight. So many times I have just wanted to give up, just lie down and say that's it, I'm through. But that's really not an option and deep down we know it. So we struggle through another day, another night. I'm here to listen just like all the others here. We've all been there so we truly know what you are going through. I don't know what meds you are on or what kind of lifestyle you lead but there are many options out there. Sounds like you have a doctor who is willing to help and that's the best news you can have. Research, study, experiment (with your doctor's help), learn to control RLS the best you can. Learn to change you r mind-set when the really bad times come. That way even when it's bad, you control how you handle the situation, thus you control the RLS. Vent anytime you want, that's what we're here for. We might not have the answers but we have the strength to lend you to get through this. As for the hormone issue, that's an avenue that is just starting to be explored as it pertains to RLS. I think it will prove to be a big factor. We have made such HUGE strides in the past couple of years even though it isn't fast enough for those who suffer horribly. But we are getting there. I urge everyone to keep current with RLS research, keep up with what's happening here and someday we will bring RLS down. Hang in there.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Betty/WV

Re: Rubyslipper

Post by Betty/WV »

Hi: Thanks for the encouraging email. Words of encouragement really help. But when you have those horrible flare ups, you just feel so alone and so helpless. :evil: I really appreciate this web site. This is where I go to in the middle of the night when I don't know what else to do. Thanks again. BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Carol,

if your RLS is worse after you stopped the antidepresssant you could decide to take it again. Dr Buchführer has mentioned a few times that it is an antidepressant with the least chance of excacerbating RLS (like Wellbutrin).

Corrie