Some days you row, others you float...

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

"And now, my beauties... something with poison in it, I think. With poison in it, but attractive to the eye— and soothing to the smell! Poppies! Poppies! Poppies will put them to sleep. Now they'll sleep."

OK, we still need:
Professor Marvel and The Great Oz (and at least three other roles like the doorman and horse of many color's carriage driver, etc.)
Almira Gulch and the wicked witch of the west (Oh, right, that's RLS!)
Nikko, the head monkey
Uncle Henry

We may need Zeke, Hunk, and Hickory, too, since Hazey, Lynne and Jan don't look much like guys!.

By the way, I learned something shocking tonight. I'm not old enough to play GLinda. Ruby, you said this was a much older version? But Billie Burke was 55 during production!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, she must be a good witch - only a good witch could look like they were 30 or less. Maybe that's what Munchkin-land living does for you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

That plus lots of make-up! Sorry didn't mean to insult you! :oops: Yes, our cast still needs actors. If you make it to San Antonio, I want to hear more about the version you saw, Views. WAM may want to rethink his part; king of the Winkies, Professor Marvel or the Great Oz! If we're going to have the carriage driver then maybe we need the horse of a different color itself! Maybe the tornado itself could be the BANG when we finally know we have RLS or RLS itself. It creates such havoc in our lives. Then those wicked monkeys are the symptoms. "I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!" Hmmm...poor Toto with RLS and stuck in the basket so much! No wonder he pranced so much when they let him out. Toto< I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!"
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

@#$%^&*()&**^ Those flying monkeys!!!!!!!!
No one is alone who had friends.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

I'll never forget the first time I saw that movie when I was a kid ... I had nightmares for weeks after seeing those !@#$%^& flying monkeys!!!

The tornado as the realisation/diagnosis and the monkeys as the symptoms ... i likes!!! Makes perfect sense to me!

Gettin closer & closer to the end of my property settlement. Can file for divorce in two weeks (yay!) ... San Antonio might be on the cards yet!!!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Hazey - still here in Kansas...

One of the deleted scenes from the Wizard of OZ was The Jitterbug-On the way to the Witch's castle, the Witch sent the Jitterbug after Dorothy & Friends. The bug sent them in a dancing frenzy which weakened them against the Winged Monkeys. The film still includes an indication of the scene in which the Witch state "I sent a little insect on a head to take the fight out of them!".

Now all along there was speculation on what was the basis for this story, who'd have thought it was RLS!

Nadia, hopefully things are looking up and your progress continues on a good vibration! It is good to hear joy and ease in your message! Sending you more *********positive energy*********** Looking forward to hearing a good report on your next drs appt.

It will be a priority to make it to San Antonio for the conference.

Hope all are well and had a good holiday weekend with friends and loved ones.

Hazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Sardsy, my offer still stands if you want to visit Missouri. I sure hope you can make it to San Antonio. I had forgotten about the Jitterbug dance. I saw the out-take once and I can sure relate the feeling to RLS!!! Amazing how my favorite movie of all time can come so close to all this. The only thing missing is the moon. It's always there for all of us and it isn't in the movie so when we remake it, we'll have to put that in. But the Jitterbug dance...I've felt like doing something like that so many times just to make those feelings go away!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Can we take a river boat on the Missouri River anymore? No matter, there are some magical places to float in MO, Sardsy, I'll hop on the witches broom and join you and Ruby!

Talk about fibro flare, I think this could be classified as a relapse... I quit the baclofen as it was not helping me get to sleep actually had the reverse affect insomnia... then vivid dreams...

Maybe once I get the sleep back on track the FLARE will subside... I should have stayed home today from work, as by the end of the day I couldn't even wear shoes... the bra had long gone! hahahahaha Mind never was present.

Truly glad it is the weekend. I'll be much better at rowing from the comfort of home!

no place like home, no place like home

Love you all Hazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Lately I have had to get out the This Too Shall Pass motto quite often... yet I have to admit it is better than a year ago. Today I can say if I can make it another fifteen minutes... last year it was if I can make it another second... hahahaha

Looks like some of us could use a good relaxing float trip... Rubbyslippers will click her heels and transport us there, Glindann the Good Witch will wave her wand and our bodies will be still and pain free.

The Scarecrow would unravel ev'ry riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in pain...

a couple of things I have been pondering...

Ann, did your ferritin levels ever rise to 50? What impact did increasing your ferritin levels have on your RLS?

Jan, Hope that you are feeling better.

Ruby, I think of you often and am so eager to hear the news of the lil grandchild.

Becat, How did the interview for the magazine article go?

Nadia, Hope that your meds are helping, have those lil girls give you a big hug for me.

Lyndarae, Grandson thinks I should get a motorcycle, with side car ... all I can say it would have to have a side car! Don't work too hard!

CTravel, Brandy, EM, and you too - I hope and pray that you find some portion of the day without pain or worry.

**********More Positive Thoughts and Energy************

Love Hazey

************Positive Thoughts and Energy****************

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hate to say it. . .but I gave up. The therapy was hard, but at the time I was going through hell and it just seemed to add to it. I have been thinking of starting again.

In seven months of taking the iron, I went from 8 to 20-something. Not much of an increase, huh? I seem to remember that it was close to thirty, though, and I hadn't noticed ANY difference as of yet. It was hard to want to spent 7 more months to get it to 50 when the payout didn't look so good. I think in the back of my mind, I kept thinking I'd go to Johns Hopkins and get the IV. I just couldn't ever do that, either, because you have to go off all meds. . .the thought of nothing to help seems too daunting. If I didn't have a job, a house, a relationship (read: a life) maybe it would seem like an OK prospect. But, how do you go to work each day when you haven't slept? I just couldn't see how to make it work.

In the end? To many variables, too many cross-purposes and complete inaction.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Thanks Ann. Certainly can empathise and understand your choices. Myself I have been on the iron therapy @ four months, and so far there is no noticeable difference in the RLS sensations.

Can so relate to job, family, life in general... I have some serious concerns about my current GP, yet the time it took to find someone who was willing to work with the Mayo Clinic Algorithm with me... so that I could at least function half way to make it another year closer to retirement... just don't know if I have it in me to start over again!

Well I am just going to float on my back and look for that silver lining... if I can find the right cloud!

Hazey

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Miss Hazel,
I like Ann found that iron is hard to take everyday, and went to every other day for a long time, but with little and slow results. I had no idea that they would make me go off my meds to do the IV iron.....they do that here in Dallas and I was thinking about trying that. After last Nov. and the hemmorage I really thought IV iron replacement would great for me. But hmmmmm no meds. Right now I'd settle for a good b-12 shot for the energy. LOL
As for the interview, Honestly I'm glad you asked. I think I did a good job, kept her on the phone 1 1/2 hours longer than she thought it would take. :D That was aftre I wrote my bio for her.....
The real issue for me is this.......I am so nervous about doing media. I love doing it, the thought of helping to educate or help others discover what might be toturing them, that it has a name and this board, and there is hope. BUT, I get a knot after I do one, thinking oh Lord, I hope I didn't embarrass my family and friends, my family here, the Foundation. It just wrecks me to try to be careful about what and how I say it, all the time knowing that the editors can do what they please with it.
I know that for my part I'm a good cheerleader, a good supporter, and a good speaker, if you want the crowd to cry kinda thing. But I never want to do anything that hurts, embarrasses, or reflects badly on any of us, this foundation, or my families. You know.
I will probably still put myself out there, but it's a bit nerve racking.
I try to remember that God knows my good intentions and I try to send out good Karma along with it, balance the good stuff you know?
I'm floating wiht you babe. and Your a doll to remember us all in this post.
My energy for you is calm, strenght, and that cloud that makes you watch it float along with us.
Hugs my dear friend.
and our moon
Lynne

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi all

I'm just catching up here and found this thread. Hazey, you are so sweet to ask about everyone!

Ann, I'm so sorry you've had such a tough time and I can certainly understand you not wanting to continue with the iron therapy. And, there's no way I would want to go off meds to get the IV. I'd be jumping so much, they wouldn't be able to insert the IV in the first place! LOL Hang in there, sweetie!

Hazel, I hope YOU are feeling better, too! I've been kind of wrapped up in my own problems lately, I guess, and haven't even said that to you. I know you've had a rough time.

All of you mentioned here---my thoughts are never far from you all. I may not say it often enough, but you all mean so much to me.

Love to all
Jan

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear Lynne,

All GREAT performers have butterflies and the jitters, worry about such things, just goes to reinforce our trust and truth in knowing you ARE a great spokesman for RLS and us. We could not ask for a better representative.

Sending a bright shining white light of God's love and protection to surround you. May it bring you a sense of peace and well being. It will fill you with courage --- it will give you the power to disperse all foreboding!

Jan, I am so hopefull that soon you will have relief to all the physical problems you have had the past year. Sometimes I get impatient, then I have to realize that it took me a while to get to this point, at least there is forward motion. It helps me so much to see the courage and fortitude that keeps you going forward seeking the answers you deserve. A little step then the next step and so forth.

Talked with the Rheumy tuesday and that was productive. GP understands about my concerns taking so much med daily... and is open to Rheumy suggestions.

Have a couple things in the works that might be helpful ... so I just keep taking those baby steps... one day who knows maybe I'll be able to dance! ha that takes rhythm... who knows maybe that will come around too! hahaha

It certainly has been stub toe time... in all aspects of life... little things going out of kilter odd things, like the washing machine hot water hose bursting... who'd have thought... we bought the set new last fall... walked outside, came back in to a sauna! Positive side, I was home! Must be water... as last night the toilet thing a migger it is hissing... okay Will when do you come home from this job! I can figure it out yet it takes this ole blonde a lot longer to do things than it used too... do you think my hair will ever turn white or grey? I bet it just turns that dingy yucky yellow and dying it will not cover up the fact I am blond!

Winds were horrid the other night, drive in driveway headed north park, open door - wind rips door out of hand, breaks all my nails (good thing I no longer have fake as I would be nailess!) breaks the hing thinga migger) bashes in the front panel, won't shut... can get it in the body shop till monday...

Hey positive note, winds brought in rain, and I was able to get the chicken feed unloaded and in the barn, truck in the garage before it hit! hahahaha

I won't go on... it would take too much time!

YET I am making progress with the drs. that is a good thing. I have made it an entire week at work! That is a good thing!

YooooooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO where are the others?

*******************Positive Energy to each of you****************

Love and healing light, Hazel

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Lynne

I think you are a perfect spokeswoman for all of us! So THERE! :)

Hazel, if I'm at all courageous, it's because of everyone here. I look at you, Lynne, Ann, Penguin, Brandy, Em, Lyndarae, Ruby and the many others I'm not mentioning, and it helps me so much!

We are family--no matter how often we drop by. It's a strong tie that binds all of us!

Hugs
Jan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

My God! You were in Kansas, Hazel - a few farms over, and you would have landed in OZ!

So sorry to hear about those nails - ouch, that hurts! And the toilet, the car, the hose, etc. The black cloud had now left however with the washing of the storm. I just hope it doesn't move over anyone in our group next.

Managing Your RLS