Some days you row, others you float...

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

No matter where I am, when I see the moon I think of all of you. If I were closer I could throw water on the horrible "witches" all of you have been suffering under lately. That would fix them! I've been out of touch lately but not because I want to be. You are all in my heart every minute of every day. You know, we all talk about how the moon is there for all of us...wonder if we could find a pin to wear of the moon. That way even wen the moon is hidden, we could touch it and send strength to each other. Yes, I know, it's a silly idea. :oops: How I miss you all!!! Please know that even when I'm not on the discussion board, I carry you with me; every hurt, pain, care and concern. Love you all!!!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

This is for all the newbies that may wonder why we give each other the moon.
Somedays I wonder if I will ever make a difference in my children's life.....you know that thought that are we doing enough.
I made up that thing about the moon when they were little and it was a weekend that they were going to be away. This is my second and bless me my last marriage. We each brought a son to the marriage, they are 17 days apart in age. cool huh.
When they were young and wanted to stay home with us (we have always had custody of both) I would tell this little thing about the moon.
One night in hopes that I could prove somehow that this world could feel a little smaller I told them this idea.
When you are away from me and feel alone go out and look at the moon. No matter where you are the light that shines on you, is shining on me. I too, will be looking at the moon and we will be together. Some nights it might be cloudy, but the moon is still there. It's called faith, believing, knowing it's there even when you can't see it. I will always look at the moon and what is shining on me is and will shine on you. We'll always be together.
Ruby, your always in my moon. Thank you for posting this tonight, how I so needed to hear that it's shining on someone as special as you........alll of you.
This is the best family that a girl could wish for that was not given by blood.
My love to you all, we'll float someday and we will always have the moon.
I'll start looking on the net to see if we can order something affordable for everyone.
Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Just a quick note, I wasn't going to say anything but here goes...that moon is shining somewhere today and I need that thought. Going in for a mammogram that may not have a happy ending. I'm scared but I know you are all with me. Love all around. Ruby
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Kathy, not only am I looking at the moon, but I'm praying!!! Oh, honey---please know that I care very deeply and am praying for a good outcome! Love you
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

becat

Post by becat »

You've got me too honey.
Be your heart still and your faith strong.
Love and prayers are with you.
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I've been concerned about you - was just hoping the new boss situation, the daughter moving, etc. were all just a bit much and you couldn't get here. All fingers, and toes, are crossed. Let us know when you find out and feel up to sharing. We'll be here.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I'm here too Ruby!!!!!!!

Penguin hugs all around!
Beware the Penguin

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Ruby, I was wondering why you hadn't been doing much posting.

Wishing you the best
Randy

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Well, you guys DO know that basically I'm a lazy person. Most nights I just sit in front of the TV and eat bon-bons. I used to paint my toenails but all those bon-bons have made it so that I can't reach my toes anymore. I'm thinking about getting Kenny to move into a little trailer so there won't be so much to clean (when I clean). If we get a few goats I won't have to mow either. Trailer Trash Ruby...that's me! Honestly guys, I don't know where my head has been. My heart has been with all of you but I can't seem to get it together. I've even been having mini-panick attacks. Lions and tigers and bears, OH MY!!! If this whole thing has sounded too strange, I just needed to blow off a little. Too much to do, too little time. I've honestly tried to cut back but I just want to do it all. Now with this hanging over my head... But I'm an optimist and I KNOW it will get better. After all, I have such good friends to help me through!

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Dear Ruby and all,

Be gone lions and tigers and bears!

When the tides of life turn against you, and the current upsets your boat, don't waste those tears on what might have been, just lay on your back and float....ed norton

fibro daze ...

Dr B emailed me recently when I asked about the doctor wanting me to use the vicodin/lortab/hydrocodone in addtion to ultram/tramadol druing the day for fibro.

My GP's recommended RLS treatment plan 1-2 tramadol/ultram 50mg 3x a day as needed for daily RLS... 1-2 vicodin/lortab/hydocodone 5 before bed for RLS.

Dr B said that he saw little potential for dependence issues at this dose. That the ultram seizure issues probably would not be a factor in my use.

I did try alternating between hydocodone one week, ultram next week. However, I think I benefit from the ultram/tramadol's weak
inhibition of re-uptake of serotonin. anti-depressants and I do not mix well! Taking the lortab/vicodin/hydrocodone four times a day I experienced moments of feeling caffine like edgy and more gastro problems.

precautions for Ultram use - Recommended maximum ultram/tramadol dose is 300 mg per day. Ultram/Tramadol should not be used by those who have experienced brain or spinal cord infections, or head trauma, seizures or have epilepsy or take other drugs that lower seizure threshold (epilepsy drugs)—May increase chances of seizures so caution is recommended

Asked GP about Limbrel, he was not familiar with & would check into it. In the meantime he prescribed Baclofen to be used on those sleepless nights that Ambien doesn't touch, when the muscles & brain are in knots! I have used this before, can not find my notes on how it affected me...it does have the potential to raise blood sugar levels in diabetics...

talking to herself mostly, Hazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Ruby and Hazel----

Ruby---- If you saw the Wizard of Oz, you wouldn't have to ask for "a brain, a heart or the nerve" cause you've got all three. Just click your heels three times and know that we're here for you!!!!

Hazel---- Loved your quote from Ed Norton. Hope you get your meds straightened out..... there seems to be a lot of that going around and around and around.

Love you both
Jannie

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

For the most part the RLS is undercontrol. Have found that I do experience RLS breakthrough more in the spring... nothing consistant that requires me to take more daily meds, just once in a blue moon I might need to take 2 lortabs at night.

It is the fibro issues I am dealing with that frustration kicks in! And as we know that has no rhyme nor reason to follow! hahahaha

Don't want to use Baclofen daily... and I don't think the GP prescribed it that way, I pick up the script this evening.

**********Positive Thoughts to all************

Love Hazey
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

If I could find those ruby slippers, wouldn't ANY of us have worries about RLS, fibro, tumors, anything! In the meantime, we'll either row or float. Love you all, Ruby PS Jannie, thanks for the compliment! And I've only seen the movie about 200 times!

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

I meant the real Wizard, honey. I meant, if you could go to OZ and see the Wizard, etc. But that doesn't matter---just don't fall in the poppy field and go to sleep! LOL AND, I can't STAND those flying monkeys! They SCARE me! LOL

Love you
Jannie

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

OH, Now I understand!! Sometimes you have to spell it out for me. Love ya!