Some days you row, others you float...

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

I think we should plan a visit to the Wizard... Ruby is Dorothy, we know Jannie doesn't want to be a monkey, so how about the scare crow? I could be the tin man... but am probably more akin to the lion!

Weather looks like a lot of high pressure in Missouri and Illinois... sending some ***********positive energy*********** your way, hope it helps you to keep above the wave of pain! Just hold onto the rope girls as I am rowing in double time today... must be all this healthy living!

Love Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Healthy living, huh? Can you get up enough speed so we can ski? Never mind, I can't ski anyway!! LOL Back to the movie casting...RLS is of course the Wicked Witch of the West. The symptoms are Jan's hated monkeys. If you've ever seen the movie, remember the mean apple trees? Those are the people who don't believe RLS exists. Thanks for making me Dorothy; most days I feel more like Auntie Em :cry: Anyone want to "cast" themselves in our movie? Maybe we're being too silly, but silly is what I need right now and this is lifting my spirits (no idea why). Just remember, the characters are wishing for things they already have, just don't know it. So don't think I'm trying to put anyone down. I LOVE the characters in OZ. Okay, I'll quit and you can ignore me. Just so you understand tho', I'm writing this in my own special room that is filled with Oz memorabilia. In fact, the four main characters are sitting on my computer. So I'm nutty, surely you've figured that out by now!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Let's BE silly! You gotta smile, you know. To put a new spin on the song: "Smile tho our legs are achin', Smile tho we're sleep depravin', Soon we'll be sleepin' awhile, If we just SMILE."

Okay, okay, I won't quit my day job. Oh, wait! I don't have a day job!!! EEEKS!

Ruby, you make ME smile--- I love your description of the characters in the movie--- I'll be the Scare Crow, but not the stupid flying monkeys. They DO represent RLS. And those apple trees? Yep, I know a few people who even LOOK like them! :( If I only had a brain---- Uh, that's "If I only had a brain that will let me lie, sit, stand STILL."

You are our Dorothy, Ruby. You're doing your best to kill the Wicked Witch of the West, along with all of your friends. You know, that Witch can cause all kinds of trouble. But, Ruby---you've got a whole bunch of friends who will get her so she won't hurt you or your pretty little dog, Toto, either!

I love ya, you sweetie! Keep those ruby slippers so you can click them three times!

Jannie (a/k/a Scare Crow)
No one is alone who had friends.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Rubyslipper wrote: I LOVE the characters in OZ.

Ruby, you should make your way over here this summer. The town next door, Chesterton, has an Oz Fest every year. They actually have a few of the Munchkins on hand to sign stuff and do lines from the movie. (I guess that's what they do, I've never been to Oz Fest) Let me rephrase that, they have a couple Munchkins, I don't know if there's a "few" left.
That festival has actually kind of put Chesterton on the map.

becat

Post by becat »

I can't be the tin man, I know I have heart. But maybe the Lion, I need more courage than what I have. It always comes out at those wrong times. UUUU uUUU UUUU maybe I should be TOTO, I could live with Dorthy and have her carry me around. LOL
Naw, think I'll stick wiht the Lion.
I got alot to do before each day is done and courage could carry me far. Beside I cry really easy too.
I love ya'll and the cresent moon was shining on us all last night. As it will tonight.
No matter what any of us is facing, we will never do it alone.
Hugs and always Hope.
Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Thanks for sticking with the silly side of me, all of you. So we have Jan as the scarecrow, Hazel as the Tin Man, and Becat as the Lion. We've already cast the Wicked Witch, the monkeys and the apple trees. Let's see, we need the Guard to Oz (you know, he puts out the sign "Bell out of order, please knock") Hey WAM, wanna be him? He's WAAY cool! We also need the King of the Winkies, the funny-looking guys at the Witch's castle. (TOLD you I know my movie). We also need Glinda, the good witch. Jump in anybody. I guess Oz could be the cure for RLS but he flaked out at the last minute. I think just like in the movie, it's up to us to deal with this thing and take care of it. We all have the ability to do something about it and if we work together, who knows what will happen? Look how far we've come so far? I love you all for your support on the yellow brick road to wherever it is we're going. I couldn't get there without all of you.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Post by Guest »

I vote to casting Ann as Glinda! And now that you mention it Becat - Toto sounds like a part we could take turns enjoying ... we all could use a loving pat from time to time & since I am a basket case from time to time I guess being carried around in one wouldn't be too much a stretch to play the part! Who'd have thought that the Wizard of Oz would represent RLS so closely!

When the kids were home and we just bought our first computer, I bought a bank in the shape of the scare crows head ... we'd put money in it to save up for more brain power for the computer!

King of Winkies... now you DO know your story!

Had appt with Rheumy yesterday and she is starting me on the Limbrel... she mentioned Lyrica which is what they are primarily prescribing for fibro, said that none of the Rheumys had thought the Limbrel worth trying... I showed her the info I had and that all reports from OA patients on remedyfind.com stated they had no side affects and it helped with their pain and inflammation ... so she gave me a two months supply to test for them! Hopefully I'll need less oil as long as I stay out of the rain! hahahaha

Love Hazel

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You are a sweetheart, Hazel. I'm not quite sure I can sing with that much vibratto, though, :lol: . And I will definitely have to go shopping for a new dress :shock: . Oh, then there is the fitting into the dress part. . . Maybe we can do a new version of the show where some of the people are a little rounder :wink:

Ruby, speaking of other versions, one of my very dear friends was a member of the Chicago Gay Men's Chorus. About 15 years ago they did an incredibly naughty version of The Wizard of Oz. I can still remember my friend as one of the very mean apple trees. During the show I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my face.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

King of the Winkies!?
I don't know what that's about, but it sounds like something I'd like to be.

Put me down for that Ruby.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Ann, you'll make a great Gilda. Lynne the Lion! Hazel the Tin Man and I already scare little kids and birds, so I'm the Scarecrow. :wink: WAM, the King of the Winkies is the little guy who answers the enormous door to the opening of OZ when Dorothy and the gang knock on it. I think that's right, anyway.

And, there are lots of Munchkins.....

We're off to see the Wizard.......

Well, maybe we're just "off"!

Jan

Jenne1950

Post by Jenne1950 »

I want to be the wicked witch, but only today! It's been that kind of RLS day!
Jenny

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

May I represent the Lollipop Guild?
Beware the Penguin

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Hey, Pen you know your Oz too! Yes, you can represent the Lollipop Guild (can you swagger like them? Oh, yes, don't forget the striped knee socks!) The King of the Winkies was the dude in the big fur hat who gave the broom to Dorothy after she melted the wicked witch. He had a huge nose so you might have to visit the prop department WAM. I think we all become the Wicked Witch at times so that's okay too. As for Toto, if I had a basket to carry you all in and comfort you when you needed it, believe me I would. Maybe instead of going to Oz we need to get to the poppy field...seems like they were snoozing pretty good there. Ann, you will be a great Glinda and I wouldn't worry too much about fitting into the costumes. This is a much older version of Oz. Can't you just picture me, Jan, Becat and Hazey trying to hippity-skip down the yellow brick road? :lol: Oh man we have all GOT to get together someday. Becat, I didn't really respond to your wonderful words to me the other night. I'll carry you anytime sweetie and even scratch behind your ears! WAM I just read about the Oz festival last week but didn't realize it was close to you. I would LOVE to go! You all have been my bright spot this week. Just can't wait to get on here and see what's going on. And you are right, we can make a lot of correlations between RLS and the Oz movie. I just don't remember a boat for us to row in the movie but if there was a rainbow, there must have been rain, so there must have been water in the creek....am I stretching it to far 8)

becat

Post by becat »

We'll make the low budget version........hot air balloon aren't cheap. Maybe the boat better suits our needs. LOL
Yeah, I can picture us skipping along and then WHAMMO one steps on the other we all end up in cast for the next scene.
I'm with ya on the poppy field scene, we'll extend that in our version. LOL
What a cast we have.
Lynne

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Bring on the poppies! Please!