Botulinum toxin

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Anonymous

Botulinum toxin

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

That is excellent news, Em. When you get a chance, please post her name and where she practices. It may be helpful for the next person who comes and is in that area.

I truly hope it helps. What a trial you went through to get here, but at least you know what it is and have some options. Fingers are crossed that the botox works.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

That is aewsome Em.
I can't wait to hear if they work and how long it will work.
I've gotten offers from a doc locally, but had not too much info on it.
Glad the advice will be coming from you.
Be well and safely hoome soon.
Lynne

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Oh, Emily

I'm pulling for you. I know how frustrating it can be to be so hopeful and not see the results you'd hoped for. But, you've still got time........

I'm glad you called your doctor--she sounds like a good one. I hope my new neuro is as good. She seems to be, so far.

Please, keep us posted---anything we each go through can potentially help someone else.

I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed!

Jan :)
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Em, I was just thinking about you and hoping you would let us know the status. Like Jan, I'm really hoping it helps more than the little it is as of now. It is such a roller coaster of emotions to have all that hope and to get to having no hope. We'll still be here regardless, for whatever that is worth.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Emily---

You are among family here, and we all care about you. We want you to let us know what's going on, how you're feeling...... RLS is horrible, Em. And, I pray that something will work for you so you won't have to go on medication.

Come here often, and never apologize for sharing your feelings. We all have been very down at times, and very hopeful at other times. We understand!

Hugs
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Oh, Em. I am so sorry.

Managing Your RLS

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

--

Jenne1950

Post by Jenne1950 »

If the first treatment stopped the twitching, maybe a second treatment would stop the sensations and pain? Just wondering!
Jenny

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Em, it sounds like you inadvertantly put a lot of pressure on yourself, or on this treatment. It also sounds like you want this so very much. That in itself makes it a lot worse, doesn't it? To want something so intensely and have it not work out.

It still may be some of those things for some people.

I don't always (read almost never) have this mind-set, but I do respect and marvel at some of Thoman Edison's quotes. He is supposed to have said: "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

He also said: "Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless."

What you did wasn't useless. It was brave, courageous, brought new ideas to us, and did help at least part of the problem. That pretty good if you ask me. Thank you very much for all of that.

Managing Your RLS