Antibiotics active RLS....

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
msmonaco

Antibiotics active RLS....

Post by msmonaco »

it seems to me this actives my rls, and I am allergies to so many antibiotics. I was just in the hospital for kidney stones they were lazered and crushed, the antibiotics they gave me had me up the entire night! I took my Mirapex about six of them I really didn't care, and nothing helped me. It just seems every time I'm on any antibiotic this is what happens. And, they look at me like I'm crazy. They admit they know nothing about this disease. Has anybody else had this reaction?
Today I didn't plan on doing anything, and so far I'm right on schedule!

jan3213

"They" don't know anything about RLS

Post by jan3213 »

Hi, this is Jan

I'm not allergic to antibiotics, BUT, I was in the hospital not long ago for surgery, and I know what you mean by no one (medical personnel) knowing about RLS!! They looked at me like I was crazy too. I had to have surgery and you know how before you go into surgery they give you drugs to make you drowsy? Well, everything they gave me made my legs go crazy. My husband and I tried to tell the nurses and anesthesologist (sp?), but they wouldn't listen. I could have crawled up the walls. They finally had to walk me! If you look on this site, there is something called RLS and surgery which is a brochure you can print out. Also, there is a medical card which lists medication you should not take which makes your RLS worse. I'm not sure where that is. Jumpyowl or Nadia knows, or I may be able to find it and get back to you. It's nuts isn't it? You'd think doctors and nurses would know more about RLS, but they don't!! I'll try to find that card for you. You can just print it out and carry it with you. Good luck!!

Jan