sleep thief, LIFE THIEF!!!!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.

thank you

Post by Guest »

Thanks to you all for helping me out today, the phone call was wonderful Jan and helped alot. I was in a bad place and am so grateful to you all.It makes the world a better place to have people to share the pain with who you dont have to explain anything to. Is is 430pm here and I am going to clean up a bit and go to my sisters house she is going to give me some 5 zanax enough for me to have one a night till my docs app. on wed.Just knowing I might get a few hours of ZZZZZZZs tonight is a great relief to me. We are going to watch Big brother and have a few laughs. I didnt want anyone to be worried about me,so I just thought I would do the right thing and let you know I am ok. THANKS TO YOU ALL. GOD BLESS

lYNDARAE

jan3213

I'm so glad you're better!!

Post by jan3213 »

Lyn

I was REALLY worried about you. I'm so glad we had a chance to talk. I'm glad you're going to your sister's house. Email me and I'll send you my phone #, okay? You can call me anytime you need to (I'll call you right back). I'm always here for you.

Love you!

Jan

jumpyowl

I am glad Lyndarae

Post by jumpyowl »

that you feel better. Panic attacks are tricky and can be dangerous.

My advice was sound enough for an emergency. You do not need an ER vehicle if somebody can drive you but that depends on your condition. I for example followed (actually led, I am a fast driver) the ER vehicle because I wanted to have my car at the hospital. You also get quicker attention if you arrive in an ER vehicle.

Look into the mechanics of the situation at the ER while you are in better control. You never know when you will need them.

Sorry, Jan that I was just leaving as you were coming on, but I had at least a chance to say hi. Was it not nice that one of us from England (across the pond) was already with you when I connected just when you were having a smoke.

All is well as ends well!
Jumpy Owl

claradragon

Post by claradragon »

Was glad to help in whatever way i could 8)

Hope you're feeling a little calmer today...it is scary when these things happen! :shock:

The show of support here is astounding and is a testament to the people who even through their own suffering are willing to try to help. 8)

I am humbled

Love (((((hugs))))) and good sleeping

lyndarae

Feel like a new women

Post by lyndarae »

Hey everyone its Lyndarae here!

OK heres my storey and Im sticking to it!!!! Some of you know about my ugly panic attack last saturday ugh!!!! Thanks again for the support thanks to you all I made it threw without going to the er.MY sis supplied me with 5 zanax enough to get to my appointment at the sleep clinic. I selpt 8 hours that night.
Sunday night was the same 8hrs sleep. Monday morning I noticed the creepy-crawlee feeling in my right ear was gone. What a relief as this was driving me batty.Then I get a phone call from health west the np I have been seeing for 1 year wants me to come in and have a visit with her and the new pharmacist that works there, so I go.

I had my sis come with me. And I was armed with the rls medical booklet and my copy of sleep theif.MY blood presure was a bit high, I have NEVER had this happen I have low blood presure always have.MY pulse was racing too. The pharmacist came in and said so I see here you are having problems with rls.YA THINK!!! I let him have it!!
Remeber I had had two nights sleep so watch out...It was the coolest thing to talk to someone who knew his stuff.We were both on the same page. So to make a long story alittle shorter I left with a persciption of clonazepam he has uped mymirapex I was only taking0.25mg 1 at bedtime, and the promise he was going to be at this clinic a good long time and the next thing we would be looking at is something for pain!!!!! Well it feels like christmas here. I left my copy of sleep theif with the np and I see her on the 17th to talk about how the clonazepam is working..
And boy is it working.They gave me 0.25mg I took one last night at ten oclock. I tossed and turned about 2 hrs. The next thing I know its noon today..I felt like the walking dead, I managed to get some bills paid and some housework down, I felt tired so I layed down(catching up on all that sleep I lost)that was at 4 and i woke up at 8 tonight!!!!
MY plan for tonight is to take one half here in about half an hour, I have to get a plan going. I am not working so I dont havt to worry about being at work at such atime. But I dont want to sleep all day either.I just wanted to let you all know what was going on at this point. I have been checking the chat room but seem to be missing all the fun thanks to everyone again my love to you all Lyndarae I think this is the calm in the storm!!!

lyndarae

Feel like a new women

Post by lyndarae »

Hey everyone its Lyndarae here!

OK heres my storey and Im sticking to it!!!! Some of you know about my ugly panic attack last saturday ugh!!!! Thanks again for the support thanks to you all I made it threw without going to the er.MY sis supplied me with 5 zanax enough to get to my appointment at the sleep clinic. I selpt 8 hours that night.
Sunday night was the same 8hrs sleep. Monday morning I noticed the creepy-crawlee feeling in my right ear was gone. What a relief as this was driving me batty.Then I get a phone call from health west the np I have been seeing for 1 year wants me to come in and have a visit with her and the new pharmacist that works there, so I go.

I had my sis come with me. And I was armed with the rls medical booklet and my copy of sleep theif.MY blood presure was a bit high, I have NEVER had this happen I have low blood presure always have.MY pulse was racing too. The pharmacist came in and said so I see here you are having problems with rls.YA THINK!!! I let him have it!!
Remeber I had had two nights sleep so watch out...It was the coolest thing to talk to someone who knew his stuff.We were both on the same page. So to make a long story alittle shorter I left with a persciption of clonazepam he has uped mymirapex I was only taking0.25mg 1 at bedtime, and the promise he was going to be at this clinic a good long time and the next thing we would be looking at is something for pain!!!!! Well it feels like christmas here. I left my copy of sleep theif with the np and I see her on the 17th to talk about how the clonazepam is working..
And boy is it working.They gave me 0.25mg I took one last night at ten oclock. I tossed and turned about 2 hrs. The next thing I know its noon today..I felt like the walking dead, I managed to get some bills paid and some housework down, I felt tired so I layed down(catching up on all that sleep I lost)that was at 4 and i woke up at 8 tonight!!!!
MY plan for tonight is to take one half here in about half an hour, I have to get a plan going. I am not working so I dont havt to worry about being at work at such atime. But I dont want to sleep all day either.I just wanted to let you all know what was going on at this point. I have been checking the chat room but seem to be missing all the fun thanks to everyone again my love to you all Lyndarae I think this is the calm in the storm!!!

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Lyndarae

It's Jan

I've been checking the chatline and I can never find anyone there either!! Hope you got my emails!! I'm so glad you've been sleeping!! Just keep checking in with me, okay? I'm always there for you!! Keep the jokes coming and I'll keep them coming your way!! Hang in there, okay?

Love ya!

Jan

jumpyowl

Fantastic

Post by jumpyowl »

Hi, Lyndarae, it is JumpyOwl! (I like this format of Jan)

I was real happy that the visit went so well. Knowledge is power. Thank god for the compassionate pharmacist. :)

About the pills. It is a good idea to take them and not go to bed until 20 minutes later. Then you will not have to turn and toss for two hours! Also do not try to sleep. It never works.

The reason you slept so much it is because you accumulated a great sleep deficit. It will take about a week to catch up on your sleep. So please for your sake sleep as much as you can for a few more days.

I promise you that you will not oversleep forever. :wink:
Jumpy Owl

claradragon

PLEASED

Post by claradragon »

Hi lyn.

I'm so PLEASED for you. You are getting the help that you need...you've got your sis and the docs working with you now.Keep focused and remember...you quit alcohol you can do anything! 8)

Love and big (((((hugs))))) to you

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

What did I tell you?!! You have strength you are just now learning about! You lived throught the panic attack and you marched into that doctor's appt ready to do battle. I am so glad you found someone to listen and help. You go, girl! Jumpy is right, take your meds at least 20 -30 minutes before you head to bed. One of the hardest things for me to guard against is to try and force myself to sleep. I will lie there thinking, I HAVE to get to sleep, I have to get up at 5:00 for work, I will feel terrible in the morning. All these things go through my head just making it worse. If I can just learn to get up and do something (try out the chat room?) I would be better off. It just becomes a vicious circle. Anyway, I'm so glad things are getting better. Keep us posted.

lyndarae

afraid to speak

Post by lyndarae »

Hey all, Its been all most 3 weeks since I have said anything, forgive me I have been sleeping and to be honest with you I was afraid of jinxing myself by even thinking about it. I see today how selfish that is!!!SORRYis the hardest thing to say cause it just doesnt seem to be enough,but it is all I have, I am very sorry, not only do I need you all in the hard times but the good as well. My dad always said that I learned things the hard way!!!!! I guess since Im still alive Im still learning huh????Thanks so much for all the work you have done and by YOU, you know who Im talking about, GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
I drove myself to Portland to see my best friend,I have a job interview on thursday(i think Im going to get it) I had my 51st birhtday on the 29th and I have enjoyed all of these things. Just 3 weeks ago I wanted to die. That was before the doc finally gave me zanax 1 mg at bedtime. that with mirapax0.125 at bed time, now with the temperture dropping Im finding myself with the (GROWING PAINS) dang Im done growing!!!!! The hands full of ibraprofine are not working anymore I have an appointment at 230 today any advice would be most welcome.I feel guilty for asking because I havent been very supportive back, the only thing I can say is that I am aware of my behavior and hope to do better.Thanks to you all for your time,advice and love!!! Lyndarae (LYN)

becat

you Silly

Post by becat »

You silly,
We were rowing to boat on purpose. We take turns here. So, don't apologize, you were healing yourself. Not one of us here doesn't understand needing the time or space to do so. Not one us here would deny you the room to be with us in spirit and know that ours is with you as well.
As for your appt. today.........I have found that pain is a monster that must be dealt with. You may or may not know that I have overwhelming issues with pain and the medication I would need to resolve it. But in a fit of exhaustion and utter despare this weekend I choose to use my pain medication. I was glad to find at least some relief.
I sencerely want you to ask the doctor to address the pain. My mind is on the verge of changing about how I have gone about my treatment.
I'm so glad you found some rest and are back to us. Even if your just checking in.
Know that we will take turns rowing your boat as well, and when your stuck in the woods, just hollower.......we've come find you. you'd do the same for us , Right?
Glad to hear from you. Take care and let us know how the appt. went.

jan3213

Lyn

Post by jan3213 »

This is Jan

Don't you know by now you NEVER have to apologize to US? We're just so glad you're better!! I'm so glad about the job!!!! We love you and are rottin' for you!!! You just take care of yourself and let us know how things turn out, okay.

Love you!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

jumpyowl

Welcme back Lyn:

Post by jumpyowl »

I must have posted that already, but it should here.

Xanax as a benzodiazapine is used for panick attacks but is probably alright for RLS. You are also on Mirapex. What you are missing as Becat so aptly pointed out, is an opioid or Ultram. Ibuprofen is for inflammation and pain but is not very effective for the type of pain you have.

It is not easy. It looks like I have to go to three doctors to get three types of medication. But yesterday I tried to increase my Mirapex and all h..l broke loose.

Finally I won but only partially. They gave me 1 refill (instead of 10) and I have to see a neurolgist who will control all my medications. Well, I hope she will be knowledgable an open-minded. October 13 is the appointment I have with her.

Thanks LYN that you requested the questionnaire which has been sent to you.
Jumpy Owl

jan3213

It's Jan again

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Lyn

I meant to say we're "rootin'" for you, not we're "rottin'" for you! Ha! I should be sure I proofread better from now on!! I hope you got my drift the first time!!! Maybe you got a little chuckle out of my typo!!

Love ya!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.