sleep thief, LIFE THIEF!!!!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you all know I am going to be offline for about a month Starting this Sunday. I have a large painting job in Goldendale Oregon. My best friend and her husband bought the american Legion building and I am going to be painting the ballroom and then on to a house they bought so I will ba away for about a month. I am so blessed to get this work and looking forward to going to Oregon for a while GOD BLESS you all and some of you have my cell number please don't be afarid to use it and keep me up to date. ROAD TRIP YIPPIE!!!! Having this job might even make it possible for me to hit texas keeping my fingers crossed~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

HEY ALL, I am home finally!!!! The job at the American Legion building was overwhelming. But it came out beautiful and I was very proud of myself. I worked an average of 10 hours a day for 2 weeks. My legs did'nt hold up too well, but I was living there so I layed down alot on my heating pad. The job in The Dalles on the other hand was a flop. The house was in real bad shape there was no heat and I was so exhusted from the first job that I was doing a terrible job so I decided to pack it up. I did'nt earn what I was planning but the experience was worth it and they gave me good references. So I am about to get my contractors license and business cards,insurance, and an add in the local newspaper,all paid for by voc rehab. I also got the managers job at the apartments I am living in so things on the money side are looking up. I did not qualify for SSDI. I am now paying out of pocket 130.00 a month for my meds. With the weather turning cold I have been in alot of pain lately. Sometimes I can't even walk when I stand up my legs just want to give way under me. My feet are always ice cubes and I am feeling angry and hopeless. But I am always able to stop that thinking because I know some of you are in alot more pain than I could even imagine. And keeping a positive attitude seems to work for me. I thought of all of you as I looked at the huge moon last night and said a prayer for all of us. I am going to read some posts so I can get caught up on everyone.I just wanted you all to know I am home and there really is no place like home~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

I'm glad you're back, Lyn..... glad some things worked out and at least you got experience on the Dallas job.

Sorry about SSDI, doggone it! But, you tried.

You take care!

Hugs
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

HOWDY FOLKS!!!!! Welcome to all the newcomers!! Thought I would stop in (just in case anyone missed me) heheh yup still up to the same old tricks. Just started my own business TOUCHES OF COLOR BY LYNDARAE so far its off to a running start got my first job sunday from someone I dont know. I am a bit nervous but will get over it. I am now the manager of the apartments were I moved last summer (rent free) so guess what I can now afford my meds and food too.......YIPPPIE My rls is still with me of course and the cold weather put me down pretty good today. I think I have a heating pad in every room of the house now. My doc has written me a persciption for a hot tub so I have one comming and I can claim it on the taxes. I am tired of going to my girlfriends every night and got a good deal on one soooooooooooooooooooooo I hope to be sleeping a little better at nights after a hot soak. Hope all my mates are doing good I am going to do some reading and get caught up on everyone. It is a amazing how many people are telling me they have rls now, the foundation and the commercials as fake as they are have opened many doors for people and for that I am very grateful~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

i am so happy for you lynda, sorry bout the ssdi, but i am so glad you are doing better. ummmm i have a basement i need painting howsa bout coming to virginia and adding a touch of color here???!!!!! lol glad to have you back on the board. sorry bout the cold weather affecting your legs so bad. and of couse we missed you silly wabbit!

hugs dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

hey girl whats up??? I was just trying to catch up on some of the posts and soooooo many new people glad us old timers are still hanging in here, theres no place like home................Yeah virginia sounds good I was actually talking to a friend last night about going to visit him in west virginia. I know I could add some color for you. Just name your shade ~~~~Lyndarae

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I was excited when I saw your other post and knew you came back for a visit. Hope all is well . . .how's the painting going???? Any other exciting news? As you can see, all is well here. We do have a lot of new members - which is a double-edged sword. I'm thrilled they keep finding us, but is still saddens me that so many people need to find us.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Hey girl :)

Congrats on both the apartment manager job and starting your own business. I'm so excited for you after all the hurdles you've had to cross!

As you've seen, there's lots of newbies here who are keeping our regular posters very busy.

I can totally sympathise with you on the cost of your meds. My Requip/Repreve is costing me AU$140 a fortnight! It sucks, but at least I'm getting more relief that I have in the past.

Won't tell you all my gossip, just click on my profile link & go back through my posts & you'll be up to date with where I'm at in no time.

Lots of love n (((hugs)))
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

brandy

Post by brandy »

Welcome back! I am currently repainting my dining room, and two bathrooms. I'm pretty sure Kentucky would be on your way to Virginia. You can make your new business a traveling one! Good luck with everything!
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

gday mate hows your summer going????? You knew I lived In Adelaide for 3 years right? Dang I miss it there would go back in a minute. Thanks for the good wishes. Things are going good right now. I was laided up with kidney stones there for a few weeks couldnt move and couldnt keep still I was not a fun person to be around good thing I am single huh......... Managing the apartments is great I didnt know I knew how to fix and do so many things. Guess I paid attention watching the men do it. So between that (there are 12 units) and my painting business I can hardley keep up but it takes my mind of my pain most of the time and I have my own hours so it's working right now. I will read your gossip you know I love a good yarn, I have a couple myself but couldnt even go there here hehehehe got to have some fun you know what they say allwork and no play....................... speaking of work off I go have a great day and I will chat at ya later ta

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

HELLO Everyone, Just wanted to stop by and say hey to everyone. I am so busy with my business and the apartments time just flies buy. I think I have a house to flip........ This just thrills me to death love it. My legs are hurting alot lately but probably has something to do with me on my knees for a day tearing a floor out******* dang I am too old for all this stuff. I lucked out and got a real good deal on a hot tub that I am in every sunrise and set........ my doc wrote me a persciption for it so I can write it off on my taxes. But I tell you what it feels so good on my legs I just don't know how I managed without it. I sure hope all my mates are doing well I miss you all and think of you with each moon. GOD BLESS LYndarae

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Miss Lyn,
Fantastic about the business. So sorry for those knees girl! I hope your house flips fast and brings you a deserved check in the process.
Here's my favorite tip for the walls.
Any wallpaper will come down glue and all, in huge sheets if you use hot water and Downy. The hotter the water the better. You only have to score it a little not tons, and it will come off in sheets. Glue and all, right down to the sheetrock. It smells great after as well.
I have no tricks for floor just good old fashion elbow grease and your knees.
So glad to hear from you Love.
Be well and know that moon holds you too.
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Great news on the hottub!

Sounds like all is going pretty good for you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey Ladies, Yes things are going good for me right now. I am so blessed that my cocktail has lasted as long as it has. It is nice to get 5/6 hours of sleep a night and some times a dream too. It is a long stuggle as we all know and I felt like giving up many times. But thanks to all of you and the foundation. I found some hope and love along the way, for this I thank all of you~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Well crap!!!! sometimes thngs are just too good to be true. I don't know this is not the place I know for me to be venting but I just got in a misunderstanding(big time ) for me with my boy friend and now my legs hurt so bad and my heart too. I think I am going to end up all alone. But dang I been running my tail off for this guy and tonight I find out he is a selfish person. Whats a girl to do!!!! I just don't know anymore. I work my butt off every day and all I want is a little love and peace and instead i end up jumping out of my skin because of someone elses rude remarks and of course its a joke about rls........ the end of all if you are single and trying to be with someone even if you have been friends for 3 years. You still have rls freinds or lovers its still there but I guess he thought with a little calming down on my part I could make it go away. I know rls hurts but it seems to hurt really bad when you are on own. But life just keep happening now dosent it...............love ya all Lyndarae