sleep thief, LIFE THIEF!!!!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Lyn

I have NEVER been so humbled as I have now reading your lifestyle statement! You have overcome so much, you are so strong, I could learn so much from YOU, Lyn!! And, that day I called you, Lyn, I called someone who needed a friend. Maybe I did get a push from God--I don't know. I DO know nothing is an accident and that I believe we were meant to meet. Although we've never met face to face, you are a wonderful inspiration and a true friend. We have and will forever have a bond that can't be broken, Lyn. I truly mean that. God blessed ME just as much as HE blessed you, Lyn.

Much love,

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

becat

Wow

Post by becat »

Lyn,
Our wings don't come easy do they? Wow, I can't Thank you enough for your statement.
You should know that every story is different, the details make us unique. Your larger story is the same as everyone elses...........
RLS has faces, not just symptoms. There's a collective damage it can do without even trying to. It's power to alter our lives is all to real, some more than others.
The statements I've gotten have touched me, inspired me, and keep me focused. They righten my will to get brave. Stuff happens in life, it's what we do with it that counts. Writing a statement was a voice for me, my RLS, my own fight. Thanks for raising your with with us.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey all, Back to the drawing board for me,My legs started crawling again last week. I thought maybe it was from the stress at work but.......I had to up my mirapex once again and just when I was starting to feel so sorry for myself my girlfriends house burnt down!!!!!! It happened last night I went over to see if she wanted some extra hours at work (she is working 16 hours a day now) as I got closer to her house | realized it was her house!!! She has 3 children ages 6,4,and 2 they lost everything!!! She had left about a half hour before the fire started they said it was started by faulty wireing. Her husband tried to put it out twice before the fire department got there. I have never seen anything like it. It really made all my worries seem so small. I got to take the older children trick or treating tonight and they are so darling. They dont really get it but they know it. The little 4 year old had a fireman costume. It just blew me away that I could be sitting there feeling sorry for myself and heres a family of 5 homeless. Our supervisor is going to annoucent it in church tomarrow and they have alot of people who care about them, and I know that everything happens for a reason but if you have ever been through this you know what Im feeling and it wasnt even my house. Thanks for letting me vent I just feel so helpless and worried for them they are stuggling as it is and now this happens. Just makes me humbled that even tho I too stuggle with pain everyday I have my own warm bed to toss and turn in tonight!!! thanks again to everyone for being here GOD BLESS!!!! Lyndarae

jan3213

I don't know what to say!!!

Post by jan3213 »

Oh Lyn!

I am so sorry for your friend and her family. What a tragedy, but in that tragedy, what relief that no one was hurt (no one WAS hurt, were they?). What a good friend you are, Lyn, and how very lucky she is to have you. I know God has a plan and he ALLOWS things to happen (God didn't say, "Oh I think I'll burn their house down!"), but sometimes it's hard for us to understand what kind of plan this would be. But, see what an important role you play in people's lives, Lyn? What a good friend--you took her children trick or treating tonight. I'm sure they are really confused. Please, for your own sake (and I'm giving YOU the very advice YOU GAVE ME (ha)), try to rest and try NOT to stress very much! We need you around here Lyn!!!

God Bless You!!

Love ya

Jan

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey Jan, Thanks for the love and concern they lost their new kitten in the fire. They are being told that the kitten took off when the firefighters opened the door and now they cant find it cause it has a new home. Yes they are so lucky it could have been so much worse. I was the lucky one to be blessed by the joy I got with the children. They call me grandma and since I dont get to see my own grandchild Im loving it. They are starting the search for a new house to move into tommarrow so I will be looking after the children some more. Oh and by the way my youngest daughter the one who just got married is going to have a baby girl!!! COOL huh.... Her rls is really acting up and she is having a real hard time.. I sure hope the baby doesnt have to have a life of this crap,hope she is spared.. love you Jan, Take care we need to hit the chat line soon!!!! lyn

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hey, Lyn--

So sorry for your friends, too. Amazing how our lives could be turned upside down at a moment's notice. :(

Good thinking about the story to tell the kids about the kitten. No point in saying anything else with all else they have to deal with. They're not old enough to understand that the kitten's better off dead than burned and such (sorry, my hubby's a fireman, so I'm a little blunt on those things, I guess.) There's just too much for an ADULT to take in in this situation, let alone a little child.

But I know what you mean about putting your own life in perspective. Seems like at the worst times in my life, I always saw someone who was worse off. And amazingly, a lot of them felt others were even worse of than they were. My mother was diagnosed with cancer several years ago, and it was very serious (surgery, lost a couple organs, had chemo, had recurs, etc.). It's actually still a danger because it's recurrent. BUT she's alive still, she had better medical care than many others in the support group I joined for her kind of cancer, she's been strong enough to survive the surgeries and treatments... like Brady said, Life is good. (And as a friend of mine adds... especially compared to the alternative!)

All that said, I still feel for your situation with worsening symptoms and lessening help from your meds... and your daughter suffering more during pregnancy. RLS is a *itch, no question. But I admire your grit in the face of it.

Try to take care, and sending good wishes to your friends and your daughter.

Sara

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Thanks Sara, the church has helped them already with clothes and money, the house they were living in was a fire trap to begin with. They are really stuggling so they made a mistake by renting it in the first place. But they had no idea it was as bad as it was. The strange thing is that Trish my friend told me yesterday that she smelled smoke earlier in the day in her car!!!! I think it was a warning, she didnt pay too much attention to it at the time cause she had a plate full but later that day she got goose bumps thinking about it. Im just so grateful they are ok there are an awesome family, Please thank your husband for me I admire firefighters and police so much, thank GOD we have men and women protecting us!!!!!! Take care, Jan and I are trying to meet in the chat room sometime soon you should join us its a hoot!!!!! Lyndarae

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

We have snow!!! Its so cold here I am sitting on my heating pad ( a girls best friend) LOL. I know everyone is different but my legs are hurting so much when it turns cold yikes!!! I had to take my heating pad to work the last two nights. Just seems like 2 steps forward 3 back..Guess I will take a hot bath and stop crying now...thanks all............lyndarae

Sara

Post by Sara »

Aw, Lyndarae--

So sorry you're having so much trouble. We had our first snow of the season last week, and I have had a resurgence of my symptoms about the same time. Maybe that's my problem, too, because I'd had a pretty good week right before the storm hit!

I try to stay close to the woodstove, and I was joking with Becat the other day... I put my thermals on here about September and just keep alternating pairs on my bod and in the laundry through April or sometimes May! :lol: Not really THAT cold here, but we're at 5500 feet elevation, so it's nippy. And being cold is NOT a good thing for my RLS or my joints. Never thought of a heating pad, though... might have to dig through some storage boxes and check that out!!!

Try to stay warm, honey, and hope the pad helps some, anyway.

Sara

becat

Wow what a week for you

Post by becat »

Hi Lyn,
I have to catch up with you girl. A new grandbaby, Yahoo, don't you love babies? I do, but hopefully am a bit away from grandchildren.
I'm so sorry about your friends house. Thank God they are all ok. Sounds like they had the right friend in you. I bet you had fun with those kiddos.
Snow for you too, huh? Well, I will have to give you cyber leg warmers too. LOL And your so right, I love my heating pad, it's better than diamonds anyday. OMG, DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD? You know they have throw away ones for those really tough days. I use to ace bandage them to my leg all the time. First gatekeeper visit I had one on.
I'm so sorry the weather is getting you and Sara, your not alone. I'm with ya, it's been humid and rainy off and on here. This will be a test this winter. I hope we all pass.
I just wanted to say our prays are with your friends and always with you.
Have a good one.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Yup ya did say it out loud and I had a good laugh!!!! Thank you. And thanks for the prayers for my buddies. The church brought them some clothes today and they are better than the ones they owned! The police are now thinking the fire was set by someone, maybe some kids next door. There is a big investigation going on. Times like this you find out who your friends are. Im just glad I can do something for them I hate felling helpless,yes I had a ball with the kids and so did they. They call me grandma now so since my grandchildren are far away and I never get to see them I have three new ones I can have at any time. I'm digging it.Its good to catch up with you too. Jan and I are planning to meet in the chat room when I get off work tomarrow night 1130pm, you should join us. Im sure we will be laughing our butts off.........................SARA I can't believe you dont have a heating pad! Whats up with that girlfriend? I have a heating mattress cover too I turn it on about 15 minutes before I go to bed so its nice and toasty, I like my bedroom cool, I tell ya girls I've got it going on. I burnt my butt standing too close to my fireplace today!! Ya live and ya learn huh y'all take care now lyndarae

Sara

Post by Sara »

Lyn, honey--

It's all "learning curve". I've had RLS at least since I was 18, but I think probably longer. Just didn't know what it was until a couple of years back (never thought it was a real "condition" anyone else but me had! :wink: ) And even so, most of the time, it was intermittent (though strong) and I've been blessed with bedtime being the real salient "strategy" for relief, since laying down, my symptoms were always much better than on the couch or in the car, etc.

But when I came onboard here, it was because I'm starting to have periods where the RLS is actually almost 24/7. So I'm trying to QUICKLY learn all the possible strategies for if/when going to bed no longer works. Chalk up heating pad as another potential weapon in my anti-RLS arsenal!!! I just remembered exactly which box the heating pad is in. Now it's only a matter of digging down to it in storage! :lol:

I'm only 39, and I plan on sticking around this world a whoooooooooooole lot longer, with or without RLS. And I'm guessing it's going to be 'with' and probably also 'with worse RLS' before I'm done. I was grieving with Becat about that early on, but now I'm getting ornery about it. :twisted: We'll just have to "take the ride" and see what comes.

Careful by that woodstove, honey. I've NOT burned my tush yet, but I do shinny up pretty close to it sometimes! LOL I'm worried about a little woodstove we put in our bedroom, though... if I sidle up too close to THAT, I think I'll burn the backs of my KNEES!

Take care up there!
Sara :D

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey all, Well since I uped my mirapex my feet are sizzling!!!!! So I think Im back on the merry go round again. MY friend who had the fire came in to work at 1130pm so I could go home Im swing shift 330-1130. She was so upset that I stayed the shift with her (they are saying the fire is arson) I had to come home and grab somethings and on the way back my feet felt like I was getting electrical shocks sent threw them. I can hardly walk standing straight. But the bright side is I did have about 2 months of peace so I could regroup and get ready to go again. This is a dissability no doubt about it I hope that gets addressed at the conference. Im just glad I have a job where I can sit with a heating pad on my legs at night or I would be out of a job. And if they decided they want me to put in more hours(I work 32) I dont think I will be able to do it. But I think I will worry about that when it happenes..........Just feeling a lot discouraged, but I know things could be alot worse!!!!!! I could be trying to deal with this all alone and thanks to you all I dont have to thanks guys Lyndarae

Sara

Post by Sara »

Lyndarae--

I didn't realize you worked swing! Seems like that would be AWFUL with RLS. My brother-in-law with RLS works similar hours (actually just a little later) in his business, and it's starting to REALLY get to be a problem on that hour- to two-hour drive home! My grandfather that we THINK had RLS, too, also worked swing... but I think he was on his feet the whole time. Maybe that helped?

Sorry things are worse again, but good for you, taking it as it comes. That's all any of us can do, once we've pursued all the options available at any given time.

Hugs!
Sara

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Oh Lyn!

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time!!! Yet, you are thinking about your friend!! Can you call your doctor about your feet? That's got to be miserable. And, don't worry about telling us your problems. WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR?!!!! I wish I could do something for you! Maybe we can hit the chat room soon. Sounds like last night wouldn't have worked anyway.

Love ya

Jan