sleep thief, LIFE THIEF!!!!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Sole

Post by Sole »

nephriticus wrote:ROTFLOL

Sole, you tell me how you may slip your sense of humor into an envelope and I'll figure out how to package up my pain control empiricism. :P

It takes a good amount of spit. :wink:
Sole

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone."

jan3213

Elfrieda, Neph (Shortened) and Sole

Post by jan3213 »

Its Jan

Elfrieda, I'm SO GLAD you're staying (I THINK that's what you meant?).
Neph (I shortened your handle because I NEVER CAN REMEMBER HOW TO SPELL IT!), thanks for your post. You're so right. And, Sole, baby, you have THE MOST FANTASTIC PERSONALITY and you know you have my heart and friendship FOREVER!!! I'm so glad, and I WILL SAY THIS PUBLICALLY, that we finally met and I got to know the REAL YOU. Neph, you are absolutely right about Sole. God broke the mold when He made her!!! Elfrieda, you have SO MUCH to offer to our family and so do you Neph. And, I don't care WHO THINKS I'm over emotional or sappy or anything. I'M ME. We all can learn from each other if we are open and willing to listen. As I said to you, Elfrieda, I NEED to help, if I can, and I want to learn and listen. I was led to this place for a reason. And, I'm so glad I'm here!!!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

nephriticus

Post by nephriticus »

Could you try to write a brief summary to expand on what you hinted about?

I received biofeedback therapy, exercise therapy and a regimen of taught and practiced relaxation technique. I doubt that I could adequately express to another how to assume the learned skills. It really has to be adapted to the individual's needs and must be professionally instructed.

I received a collateral benefit. We all have experienced headaches that build to a crescendo. They sneak up on us until they gain our consciousness. Whenever I realize I have picked up one of these unwelcome hitchhikers, I usually can rid myself of the headache in one second flat. Seriously. But it took weeks of practice to learn the skill.

It is more difficult with chronic pain and the skills do not necessarily eliminate the pain. It just lessens it to where it is more bearable.

I would recommend pain therapy to anyone and everyone who experiences chronic pain. Fortunately my therapy was covered by my employer due to it being an occupational injury. I have no idea what the therapy costs.

Sole

Re: Elfrieda, Neph (Shortened) and Sole

Post by Sole »

jan3213 wrote:Its Jan

Elfrieda, I'm SO GLAD you're staying (I THINK that's what you meant?).
Neph (I shortened your handle because I NEVER CAN REMEMBER HOW TO SPELL IT!), thanks for your post. You're so right. And, Sole, baby, you have THE MOST FANTASTIC PERSONALITY and you know you have my heart and friendship FOREVER!!! I'm so glad, and I WILL SAY THIS PUBLICALLY, that we finally met and I got to know the REAL YOU. Neph, you are absolutely right about Sole. God broke the mold when He made her!!! Elfrieda, you have SO MUCH to offer to our family and so do you Neph. And, I don't care WHO THINKS I'm over emotional or sappy or anything. I'M ME. We all can learn from each other if we are open and willing to listen. As I said to you, Elfrieda, I NEED to help, if I can, and I want to learn and listen. I was led to this place for a reason. And, I'm so glad I'm here!!!

Jan

Hey Jan,

Can I offer you a little syrup with your sap?? :lol: You know I love you. This board wouldn't run without someone like you, who is always there with a soft shoulder and open ear. Unlike some of us (ME) you can offer unconditional support without having to have all the answers and that's a VERY admirable quality. Cheers to you, babe! :-)
Sole

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone."

nephriticus

I've been minimized!!!

Post by nephriticus »

Neph (I shortened your handle because I NEVER CAN REMEMBER HOW TO SPELL IT!

Jan,

'Neph' works just fine with me. In fact, I kind of like the sound of it.

Neph

jan3213

FROM THE MINIMIZER

Post by jan3213 »

It's Jan

Good, then Neph it is!!!

Jan

lyndarae

hey all

Post by lyndarae »

thanks to you all for helping figure out how to fill out the questionare, it hasnt happened yet but it will,if its the last thing I do I wil figure it out.About the ultram I did break the 50mg in half the first time I took it thank god cause I got so high on it WOW. I am having to up my mirapex with the change of temperture COLD makes it so bad yuck, Sorry about last night Jan my computer froze up and I could not get back to you thanks to everyone Lyn

lyndarae

hey all

Post by lyndarae »

Its LYndarae here,just wanted you to know Im still alive and kicking(no pun intended)hahaha. After two weeks of no creapy crawlies,THEIR BACK I went tot he doc and they uped my mirapex and Im taking ultram as needed. I have been busy taking training classes for the new job. Things are going good. And I will never take sleep for granted again. Hope you are all well and happy. It feels so good to have my life back,even if it only last a short time Im making every minute count. My love to you all. My training will last till the end of the month and then I begin work. So I hope to have more time to stay in touch. And get caught up on everything.I did check out the CRAP,from Guest. Boy it sure makes me happy im not having to live with her diease, you know the one,HEARTLESS!!!! We should all thank our luck stars and send prayers her way she could use some love and warm thought of you all bye bye Lyndarae

jan3213

Hey Lyn

Post by jan3213 »

It's Jan

So good to hear from you! So glad things are going well for you! I've missed you but figuired you were busy with your new job. Sounds like you're doing great!!! Some people's kids, huh? (referring to the post you mentioned) Oh well, maybe she had a bad day! We've got a good bunch here, so glad we've got each other!!! When you've got time, I'd love more jokes. I'll try to send you some, too!!!

Love you!!

Jan

jumpyowl

Hello, Lynne:

Post by jumpyowl »

I was glad to hear from you, because we are related sort of. I am on the same medication as you, more or less. Now I am discovering something very exciting that could be helpful to many people but will not shoot my mouth off until I study it more to be sure. If you have a chance, read the thread of Richs carefully and keep reading it as more results will be posted. This is where I will post my results.

General Topics > "I think I am cured" > by Richs.

Glad to hear that your job training goes well. And I am grateful for your help completing the questionnaire against all obstacles! :)
Jumpy Owl

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey all, Well it was back to the doc again last week, thank god the phramasist was there cause he knowa his stuff and listens really good to me!!!!This is the plan for me now......MIRAPEX 0.25mg 3xdaily I take one in the morning one at noon and one at night. ALPRAZOLAM 1mg 1 at bed time. TRAMADOL 50mg 3 times a day.I ususally break these in half during the day cause they make me sleepy. This Is the thing if I dont take my meds spread out my right ear feels like the earwigs in it, and my feet start bubbling like mad. The pain is sooo much better and its getting cold here. My cold feet are warm for the first time for as long as I can remeber.I dont understand it but Im loving it. Im still in training for 1 more week.CPR class is friday, I think there are many many many people here who have RLS Im am going to do all I can to dig deeper. I am sleeping the best I have ever slept in my life no alcohol and keeping my brain working seems to be working well for me and of course the med combanation. I am so thankful to all of you for the information that saved my life the love and support and kindness. Im telling you god led me to ya all cause I really was at the end of my rope. Now I have something to hang on to. Love to you all Im off to class.It feels so good to say that!!!! ((((((((hugs and kisses to all))))))) LYNDARAE

ls

jumpyowl

Lyndarae

Post by jumpyowl »

Wonderful news, Lyndarae, our best wishes and prayers are with you!!!!
Jumpy Owl

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

LYN, it's Jan

I can't tell you how happy I am for you. You've come so far--God did lead you here, just as He led me here--and WE MET!!! Isn't it wonderful? I'm so happy that you can sleep now and that you have a job. Life shows new promise for you--there is no stopping you now, Lyn. You've got friends who care, God cares, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!! Remember my phone #--if you don't, email me and I'll get it to you!!! I love you!!! Keep those jokes comin'!!!

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya!!

Jan

bradyferguson

Post by bradyferguson »

bye
Last edited by bradyferguson on Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jumpyowl

Welcome, Brady:

Post by jumpyowl »

Well written post which can teach us a lot. You fought a good fight and it seems that you are winning!

It is nice of you to appreciate the doctor's effort even if I feel that it was a mistake to ignore RLS and therefore making it more difficult for you. To a large degree their hands are tied and independent thinking is definitely not encouraged.

The real risk for you was the high dose of acetaminophen you put yourself on as it can cause serious liver problems at your dose level.

A good workup with an RLS expert may yet help you but they are sure to be gun shy with your history.

I agree with you on Klonopin (clonazepam). Its extremely long half life is bad as well as its addictive properties. I take it but only very occasionally to tie me over. So far I have no withdrawal symptoms. But I was also on codeine from which I now withdrew and using Ultram and Mirapex instead (not as effective).

I hope that you will keep in touch in case we can come up jointly with something useful.

Also your story would be a welcomed one and a needed one for our survey! If you are willing to complete a 4 page questionnaire, I would very much appreciate it. ( It is not as bad as it sounds like.) If so, let me know by e-mail and I send you one as an attachment.

BTW I found the viscoelastic mattress useful in lessening stiffness and discomfort.
Jumpy Owl