RLS, DEPRESSION, AND LIFE--and an apology

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jan3213

Thank you Jumpy

Post by jan3213 »

It's so good to know that you don't lose GOOD FRIENDS when you go through bad times and seem a "little batty". I've learned a lot this week--I've learned what true friends I have, even when I thought I didn't have any!!! We have such a wonderful group of people here. I have NEVER seen such a rush of support from people who don't even know me!! I have been so super sensitive--I think perhaps it's harder for a man to understand (sorry Jumpy, but even my husband, who is so wonderful and so very sweet, doesn't understand completely) how a mother feels sometimes. God made men and women differently. Women handle things differently--usually with much more emotion. Thank goodness ONE of us in this house thinks with a clearer head!! I just got a call from my son and he sounds better. He is spending next week here at our house. I'm glad for that. He is on a two month leave of absence from his job. His doctor won't let him drive or use heavy or hazardous equipment for two months, both of which he does at his job. The insurance company totaled his truck, which is a blessing--no truck payments or insurance payments. He has always been independent--now he has to rely on others. Life's lessons are hard to learn, aren't they? We'll all be okay. He's alive, just a wounded spirit from many things--some his fault--some not his fault. Life will go on. God is in control. Michael will learn to make better choices hopefully. Thank you all again for your support. And, Jumpy, thank you for remaining my dear friend.

Jan

sardsy75

(((((Hugs))))) for Jan and Family

Post by sardsy75 »

Hi Jan

Sorry it's taken so long to reply, but i've only just now crawled out of bed.

First things first ... BIG (((((HUGGLES))))) for you, Michael, your daughters, your hubby and the rest of your Family. As you have already seen, we are all here for you and ready to help in whatever way that we can.

Although I have not yet been blessed with children of my own, I am still a sister, a daughter, a neice, a cousin, a granddaughter and most importantly a Friend and having gone through some of lifes darker moments, not only myself, but by the sides of others, know how much it means to have the love and caring of others around me.

It will be two years this Christmas since I lost a Very Close Friend who decided that it just wasn't worth living anymore. I think about him everyday and often wonder what it was that we Didn't do to help make him decide to "stick around for a while longer". But then I realise that in the end, it was his own decision.

Michael is now at the forefront of my thoughts, as you and the rest of your family are. He will come through this as a better person by knowing that his family and friends are there for him and love him no matter what, and who don't perceive him as someone who's bad, but as someone who's just fallen off the trail of life and needs a helping hand to get back onto it.

Don't be afraid to call on Michaels workmates (including his boss!) and other friends if you think that they may assist in his recovery; you'd be surprised at the form "angels" take on these days!

Yes, Michael's spirit is wounded, but he will grow into a much stronger and wiser person from this. Remember though, that the on the road to recovery, noone takes a backward step; its just that we think that our steps forward are bigger than they actually are. Michael will come to realise that there is too much on offer on this ride we call "life"; it doesn't matter how bad yesterday or today is, you can never predict tomorrow.

I'm going to sign off with something a friend of mine gave me something to think about a couple of weeks ago. He had a major nervous breakdown a few years ago as a result of being caught in the middle of an armed bank robbery (he was the bank branch manager). He said to me "sit under an apple tree, and pick oranges." Think about it, and if Michael is having a bad day, pass it on to him too.

Lots and lots of love and hugs to you my dear Jan and remember, take it one step at a time, one day at a time, and most importantly, Stay Positive!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Jan, I don't know what you said or thought you said but it's okay. If you ever have the time, look back at some of the stupid things I've said :oops: The BEST thing about this group is that we have all gone through some truly rough times and even though the problems aren't exactly the same, we understand the pain, confusion and frustration you feel. With all you have in your life right now, how can you possibly expect to be "perfect" in your dealings with life and others. You are too hard on yourself. I admit, I get a little touchy at times to criticism or if you just look at me funny. (Some of you know that too well!) Luckily I have friends here who understand. Cut yourself some slack and call on your friends here for help. Prayers workand ours are with you and Michael. E-mail me some time and I'll tell you my tale. Michael is surrounded by love, as are you. Read Isaiah 40:28-31 It is my comfort and strength. Love to you

jan3213

Nadia and Rubyslipper

Post by jan3213 »

To two of the very first people I "met" on this forum. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I honestly cannot believe the outpouring of love and support I have received ALL DAY from all of you. I didn't know what to expect when I entered the first post. I should have known, after being involved all this time, what to expect. But, I've been on a roller coaster of emotions, and, this week, I'm afraid on a scale of 1 to 10, when talking about how sensitive I am, you would have to score me at, say--about 50. I have spoken to my wonderful son twice today, and just now, and he seems so much better, but he, too, is on the same roller coaster. Nadia, I appreciate you sharing your experiences with me. I had a grandfather who gave in to depression and hanged himself. That was before I was born, but it haunted my mother for years. I know what it does to a family and so does Michael. That's the hope I hold on to. Ruby, Michael is a Christian, that's the other hope I hold on to. I appreciate and covet your prayers for him and our family. He's been through more than I've told all of you--it's been a tough year and a half for him--some his fault--some not his fault. He accepts blame where blame is his. He is a good young man--just needs to get back on the right path. He has a great support system--we, his family, love him so much, and he has many friends who do, too. And, now, I have ALL OF YOU and as you said to me one time, Nadia, I can feel your hugs all the way from Australia, and Ruby, I'm just in Illinois, your hugs are closer--I can feel them too. Thank you for the Bible verse and for caring.

Jan

P.S. Ruby, you may hear from me someday!!!

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I would love to hear from you. Anytime, sweetheart!

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Thank you, Ruby. You've always been so nice!!!!!

Jan

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

For all of you who don't know me (and that's a lot--LOL), this my shed a little light on the person I was and the person I still am. There are some great comments from others, as well.

Thanks, Lyndarae, for suggesting I do this. Love you very much!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ctravel12

RLS, DEPRESSION, AND LIFE--an apology

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Jan I have been one of the fortunate one's to know you. You are an inspiration to me and know to alot others too. Thanks for being there for me at some of the difficult times that I have had. You are TOPS on my chart.

Love you for that my friend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

OK, So This tripped me out ya'll, I was hot tubing and watching the game and I pulled this thread up and started reading it and I thought they were all new posts!!!!(NO KIDDING ) it was like the war of the worlds or some dang thing I swear I am reading along and then I see my post and I am like what the heck I didnt post anything yet&^%&*(^^&%&^^&^) I get to the bottom and I am freaking out............DUH I need to wake up and smell the coffee. Jan don't thank me for doin what comes from your own heart, I would like to take credit but we all know you too well girlfriend.You are here for all the right reasons and that is all that matters.We are all here for the same reason, I dont think I would be hanging out here for what 3 years now just for the heck of it. I have RLS and it sucks and I need everyones help with it. My life got better when I found this fourm, I am a better person because of ALL OF YOU... And just let me sayone more sappy a** thing FOR ME loosing this fourm would be just like having my meds taken away, I don't know how I would cope , ya'll are my medication, you make me laugh, cry and fill good about myself, and help me get up and keep moving. When I am down you pick me up and for that I am so very grateful~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarar

ps. just a little side note when I read about m.s accident the first thing that came to my mind was ohhhhhhh time for a healing ceremony!!!! HA I love ya'll

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Charlene,

You know how I feel about you...

Lyn.....

Didn't men to freak you out! LOL Just wanted people to see what kind of friends you can make on here, what we all mean to each other, and what kind of support I've received. That was sure a BAD time in my life. I am most happy to report that Michael is doing great! He's almost through with college--will have a degree in information technology. He's finally grown up and finally likes himself. It's been a heck of time these last four years, but we're making it.

We all have lives outside this forum, some of which effects how we are IN this forum. I'm not in that boat alone, I know that. I also know this: I am a worthy person, I am not the scum of the earth, I have a big heart and am friendly beyond belief. I am a good friend to my friends and ready to be a friend to others. And, what you see (when you know me) is what you get. Most of all, I am a woman who suffers, along with the rest of you, from RLS.

Love
Jan

ctravel12

RLS, DEPRESSION, AND LIFE--and an apology

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Jan I could not of said it better. Tell Michael I said congrats. I am sure that you are a proud mom. That is neat.

You are more than worthy and have a heart as big as Texas and that is BIG.

Love you my friend
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi Jan

Im terribly sorry your having a hard time of it, and do hope
your son gets better soon he has the love of his family and
am sure his friends.

You are in my thoughts.

love gill (UK)

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Gill

I frightened Lyndarae earlier by this post because she thought this just happened to my son, as well. Actually, I brought up an old thread (2004). That's when my son was in his accident.

I brought up this old thread so people would get to know me and others better and, perhaps, see what we had been through. Also, I wanted to show that we talked about other things besides RLS, that I certainly was no expert on RLS (I'm still not, although I know a lot more about it than in 2004), and I wanted to show the kind of support I was talking about (all around support about whatever we felt we could share or not share) in my resignation post.

But, I really do appreciate your concern. Your post is just like the posts I received that horrible day over 3 years ago.

My son is doing great these days and has a bright future. We weren't sure if that would happen in 2004. But, thank God, it is happening.

Have a great day!

Jan