I would like to "see" you!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jumpyowl

No pictures?!

Post by jumpyowl »

I probably botched it up with all that kidding around. I did nt get any more pictures. :cry:

Well, I bump it up again that perhaps some miracle will happen. :)

I wonder if that old professor alias guest would send me one as a souvenir?
Jumpy Owl

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Thanks for the "prod" dear friend!

I have been searching for a suitable one on file, but they're all about 2 years old and of me when I was 31kgs heavier :shock:

However, you have given me another good reason to go and invest in a scanner, so i'm off to buy one now lol!

Hmmmm, I might send before & after pics, just so you can see what effect that dang Cabaser really had on me!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

sardsy75

Photos

Post by sardsy75 »

OK guys and gals ... i've got myself organised and now have photos of yours truly available.

Those of you who had emails already in their profile on this site have already received them.

For the rest, if you send me a PM with your email address, I'll send to you.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

jumpyowl

Lovely photos!

Post by jumpyowl »

Loved those pictures Nadia! :) It brought to my mind one of the main problems we have had. You have this affliction possibly worse than any of us, and yet, you look in excellent health. No wonder that skeptical doctors disregard what we are telling them. :cry:

Now I have photos of four of you. Ruby, please send me your address, so I can send you one (I have to print it out and have no color printer, but I will do something.).

Anybody who would want a jpg file of me, just let me know, and send me your e-mail address if it is not listed. I realize that some of you have problems sending one, but I will not be selfish any more.

I would especially like a photo from those with whom I corresponded at some length. So please, do so, if you can. :)
Jumpy Owl

sardsy75

My "Happy" Face

Post by sardsy75 »

Thanks for the compliments guys :D

I was brought up to learn that the instant one walks out the front door, the "Happy Face" goes on because noone wants to know if you're feeling sick and/or down.

I made a comment to Clara in her thread the other day about sometimes wishing there WAS something VISIBLY wrong with us.

Having said that though, on a Down-Day the "Visibility" is the shuffle and the walking stick which holds me up. I get the stares if I am out and about (i.e. i wonder what's wrong with you but i'm not game to ask; or she's too young and healthy looking to be afflicted with something that requires a walking stick) and just smile back and keep going. Some people do ask and usually recoil in horror when I tell them what is wrong; and they're usually left thanking their lucky stars that it's not them.

There is quite a number of people who HAVE seen me at my worst and it is NOT a pretty sight. My gatekeeper and his receptionists, both Neuros, hubby, mum & dad, some of my relations and closest friends and old workmates, have all seen me when I have been a complete mess, in tears of utter frustration, stuck literally in the one spot, unable to walk because I have been so intent on just wriggling/stretching and completely exhausted, that walking was NOT an option.

I can't go anywhere lately without seeing someone that I know (hazard of being a "local") and getting the "wow, you look fantastic!" comment. If it's someone who hasn't kept up with the "grapevine gossip" I don't bother with the details and just thank them for the compliment. I am more than happy about looking so healthy, but some days the "Happy Face" just doesn't warrant the effort. But, I generally bounce back within a day or so. Life's too short to NOT get out there and make the most of it!
Nadia