Need to Vent

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jan3213

Need to Vent

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Ruby

Sounds like you're doing better. You've got a great idea with the problem cup. Sounds like I'm a lot like you. I've always been a people pleaser, as you say even when people are jackasses, and a "fixer" knowing that I'm not in charge--God is. Thank goodness, I'd make mess of it all! I'm doing much better with therapy. But, all that just adds to our stress which makes our RLS worse, so we have to try our very best to learn to let things roll off our backs! It's hard, but we CAN do it. The only ONE we have to please is God. As I said before, keep your chin up. Isn't Nadia great? I imagine there are a lot of great people on this site. I've only been a member a short time and have already learned so much! It feels so good to just share with other peole who understand!

Sleep tight and sweet dreams!!!!

Jan

jumpyowl

Hello, ladies!

Post by jumpyowl »

I have nothing to add to these gracious posts. I am with Jan, Ruby you seem to be doing better! Are you sure the olive wood is not from the Mount of Olives and they made a cup in Betlehem? :wink:

Have you ever been to Holy Land? I have been there twice, once before my mother passed away (1974) and again with my wife more recently (1999). These were events impossible to forget. :oops: I brought my mother small but genuine souvenirs and she was ecstatic!

I am so glad that my favorite ladies handle adversity so well. I am also trying to do the same but probably unable to do it as graciously.

This is a place to vent but I spare you as I already did about drug companies on the other forum.

Be well and sleep well, these two seem to go together, don't they? 8)
Jumpy Owl

Post by Guest »

I am sure you're right Jumpy, they were probably purchased in Bethlehem and if I knew my history and geography better I would probably know that! Anyway, I envy you for going to the Holy Land. That is a dream of mine and one I hope comes true someday. Just to walk those streets and roads and see the land the way Jesus did! Of course I'm smart enough to know that things have changed tremendously since then. If I ever have the chance to go you will have to put up with me asking all sorts of questions before I do. Jumpy, vent away here or anywhere as many times as you want. Sometimes we have a hard time letting go but as you can see, some of us rant and rave, ramble and grumble, then feel much better. You are a great friend, one I am proud to know. Jan, you are a dear person and you are right, Nadia is great. I have found three new and precious friends here and sounds like you may be another. Everyone has such gifts to bring to help others and it takes us all to get through the bad times. I'm getting syrupy-sweet so I'll go before I break into song or poetry or something. Hugs to all!

jan3213

It's My Turn to Vent

Post by jan3213 »

it's Jan and I always seem to find an old thread, don't I. I'm sorry, "Miss Mary Sunshine" is in a BAD MOOD. Imagine that!! I'm sorry! My legs have been killing me all day and I didn't get any sleep last night. They (legs) have been gradually getting worse (hurting) lately, so I saw my GP who manages my meds today and she gave me a script for Vicodin (500 mg. every 8 hrs. as needed) for a month to see how that goes. Is that okay Jumpy? I have been taking two tylenol (500 mg. each) every four hours)--she thinks I have an ulcer so I can't take Advil or aspirin. I can tolerate quite a lot of pain, but I can hardly put one foot in front of the other. We live in a tri-level and it's hard for me to climb the stairs. I used to exerise regularly, but I can't anymore. I really HATE TO COMPLAIN!! I sound like Wendy Whiner!! I know stress causes RLS to worsen and I AM under a certain amount of stress (who isn't?) Ha! My mother-in-law (who is like a mother to me) is desparately ill (she's 86) and may die (I've already lost both my parents and my father-in-law, so I should be used to this), my husband, as I've said before, is finishing his masters AT OUR AGE, (like NONE OF YOU have problems!!), $$$ is TIGHT, my son is having MAJOR problems (I can't say what, but bad), and, this should be good, but it's stressful, I recently retired and, I can't believe this, but I actually "discovered" that I have a "hidden talent". It appears that I'm "sort of" an artist. Isn't that a hoot! Mt. Vernon hosts a national craft fair called Cedarhurst every year. About 10,000 people attend and artists from all over the U.S. apply to be in the art fair. They are judged by a panel of jurors (eight, I believe) who pick approx. 160 artists to participate and I GOT PICKED. I make window quilts. Your're going to say "what's that", so, I'll tell you. I "save" tattered old quilts (with holes and tears in them--some as old as 100 years) and mount them in interesting old windows, finish them in the back as if they were paintings, and they are hung on the wall like paintings. I also do french doors, and larger, architecturally interesting windows. The name of my business is Looking Through History. Anyway, the art fair is the second week in September and I have to have 225 windows completed. In the meantime, I have two stores where I sell out of, I have several clients, one a doctor who has purchased 26 of my windows for her office, and I do special orders, so I'm trying to get those done and my STUPID LEGS won't cooperate anymore. Doesn't it make you MAD that you can't do what you used to do? I don't usually do this, honestly, but I just had to tell someone. My husband is in St. Louis helping our girls install their new oven and unfortunately my Jack Russell Terrior, Willie, smart as he is, doesn't talk, so you guys are it. Aren't you sorry I found you? You know WAY MORE ABOUT ME THAN YOU EVER WANTED TO. I HATE RLS!!!!!!! Okay, now I feel better. Thanks, just in case someone out there in cyberspace happens to see this. I think I'll take a loooooong hot shower and my meds and TRY to get some SLEEP!!!!! I REALLY hope all of YOU DO TOO.

HAPPY ZZZZZZS

Jan

becat

(((((((((HUGS TO JAN)))))))))))))

Post by becat »

((((((((((hug to you jan)))))))))))))))))
My dear this is the thread we do this. You've found us as a family in crisis, trying to find our way out as a team. We're sorry you have had to find us, but not sorry your here.
The strangest thing about this site, we need each other, that's why we're here. You can watch the progression in the threads. We down some days and we come in here to scream it to the world. Or you doing ok, strong enough to lend a shoulder, an ear, a hug to someone in need.

I'm a lifer and have not had much hope too many times to count, but I am searching for quality of life. Aren't we all? I'm always trying something my mother the alternative wizard sends me and I have had some really good days in the last two months..........out of some blinding 10 years. I live 24/7 with pain it's now become somewhat, sickly, normal. It's all a game of medications, non-pharm treatments, and for me a ton of praying.

You and I have more than RLS in common, I too am an artist. I have a small/out of my home/ business. The time I spend working on my trees is life saving in many ways. Being able to concetrate on the details helps when the howling in my body won't let me sleep. Your work sound beautiful. Congrats on the art fair. Take a pill before you leave that morning.
Jan, it sounds like your life like the rest of ours is a constant split between your body and the world. Your never alone here. We all are walking with you. It sounds crazy now, but there will come a time when it is your turn to row the boat for someone else here. The things your going through right now will help the next down the road.

Don't give up, we'll all make it through, some how we're stronger together.
We are here for you. Prayers are coming your way. Your voice is heard, hang in there.

jumpyowl

Sorry Jan:

Post by jumpyowl »

I have tried to answer you several times at various locations and keep losing the posts. :x

I shall try briefly once more then I have to go in. :(

Jan, your medications do not seem to work :shock: . You want to shoot me an e-mail and tell me exactly what you are taking and what do you think helped in the past or would help now?

Perhaps you are just exhausted and under stress. :?:

Congratulations on your gift of artistry. Let us control your legs then fame and fortune will follow. 8)

Fondly,
Jumpy Owl

jan3213

Thanks for the Hugs Bacattx

Post by jan3213 »

I REALLY needed those hugs!!! I really went on and on, didn't I?!!! Nothing is an accident, is it? You were meant to read that post, weren't you? I still almost hesitate to call myself an "artist", but everyone else is, so I guess I will too. Ha! I'm sure you REALLY are (I've read so in many posts!!). You'll have to tell me more about what you do! I'd love to know. I know you write poetry! I've read some! Do you play any musical instruments? I play piano--have since six years old. Classical, jazz, with a praise band at church. LOVE MUSIC. Anyway, I feel better. I've made so many friends here. Too bad we can't all meet. You, Nadia, Jumpy, Rubyslipper, (I know I'm leaving people out--I've lost some brain cells, I'm sure!!). Again, thanks so much!!! It helps so much to talk to someone who understands!!! And there you and Jumpy were, RIGHT AWAY!!! People who haven't even laid an eye on me!! This just proves that there ARE great people in the world!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Jan

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I am so far out of the loop it isn't funny :cry: but just wanted to give you a cyber-hug and say...LIFE ISN"T FAIR BUT IT"S ALL WE HAVE!! And to tell you that I would love to see everyone and their creations. I would give a lot to meet everyone I've met on this site to thank them for the many times they have figuratively been by my side with help. Sometimes we rattle on but there's always someone out there to read and respond. Hang in there and keep up your chin the best you can. It's the easiest way to see a rainbow.

claradragon

any skinny people with rls

Post by claradragon »

[[quote="Rubyslipper"]Thanks for listening and understanding :) Any skinny people out there with RLS? Bet your symptoms are just as bad as mine. But I will try losing weight not just for general health reasons but just to make sure he isn't right. Boy will I have to eat crow if he is!! :oops: ][b]don't worry...no eating crow for you ...i'm skinny...major skinny!6.5 stone(sorry british :oops: )and 5'1"(sorry british again :oops: !)i was twice this weight and symptoms were no less severe(they're pretty much constant)then!

jan3213

(((Hugs to Ruby)))

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Ruby--This is Jan

Ruby said

Hang in there and keep up your chin the best you can. It's the easiest way to see a rainbow.

Isn't that a beautiful? Honestly, Ruby, that's got to be one of the most poetic statements I've ever heard! I'm feeling so much better. I got some pain medication from my doctor the day after I wrote that awful post and my legs are doing much better (so is my attitude)!! The sun is shining again!! I've been working on my window quilts, getting ready for the art show. I appreciate my new friends so much!!! It really helps, doesn't it, to be able to talk to people who really understand what RLS is and what we go through? And, after reading all the posts, it makes me realize that I have so much to be greatful for because there are so many people who are so much younger than me who are already as bad or worse than I am. It's hard to have a pity party when you read how courageous some of these people are--not to mention you--and, of course, our deal Mr. Owl. What wonderful people!!! Have a good night, Ruby. I wish you lots of sweet dreams!

Jan

sardsy75

Re: any skinny people with rls

Post by sardsy75 »

claradragon wrote:
Rubyslipper wrote:]Thanks for listening and understanding :) Any skinny people out there with RLS? Bet your symptoms are just as bad as mine. But I will try losing weight not just for general health reasons but just to make sure he isn't right. Boy will I have to eat crow if he is!! :oops: ][b]don't worry...no eating crow for you ...i'm skinny...major skinny!6.5 stone(sorry british :oops: )and 5'1"(sorry british again :oops: !)i was twice this weight and symptoms were no less severe(they're pretty much constant)then!

So'k Clara, i'm pretty much in the same boat as you.

I've lost 31kgs in less than 10 months (i'm now 64kgs), and yes, I still have RLS.

So, Ruby bub, you won't be eating crow just yet!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

becattx

i was skinny

Post by becattx »

I was skinny at one time, not so skinny now and it didn't have a darn thing to do with RLS. Hurt then, hurt now.

sardsy75

Gotta let this out somewhere!!

Post by sardsy75 »

I know i've posted some light relief and a heap of other stuff here today, but from this angle I was making a bad attempt at pretending that everything was/is "hunky dory".

This has nothing to do with RLS, but if I don't get this outta my system somewhere then I'm going to be no use to anyone for the next few days at least.

During the first week of August, I was an absolute mess emotionally and couldn't figure out why. From Thursday (Aug 5) to Monday (Aug 9) I had the worst case of "foot in mouth" in history; even managing to get my hubby totally offside. However, what had me the most scared was that I felt so deeply depressed, I found myself literally calculating from what I have available in the house, what mixture of drugs it would take to make it "all go away". It really really scared me and I was an emotional blubbering mess for most of that Sunday night (Aug 8 ). I simply could not figure out what was wrong.

On the Monday morning (Aug 9) a very close friend of mine who had been “AWOL” for those four previous days, logged into Yahoo Messenger and his first words to me were “My life’s pretty &*%$#@ at the moment, and no I don’t want to talk about it”. So, I didn’t push the subject but gently reminded him that my ears were available whenever he needed a sounding board.

On the Wednesday (Aug 11) I had a cranio session with Marion and it was during this time, while we were rehashing our weekends to each other, that it suddenly dawned on me why I had been so “off the planet”. Without realising it, my friend had literally tapped into my energy and completely drained me. I tried a couple of times to coax what was wrong out of him, but to no avail.

We talk online pretty much every day without fail, and for three weeks he has refused to talk about what has had him so down.

Yesterday, he was “AWOL” again, and at around 5pm I was hit with an overwhelming sense of sadness and depression. I instantly knew something was wrong, but could not get in contact with him.

Today, he told me …

On Aug 2, my friends niece gave birth to her first child, a little boy. Unfortunately, he was born with a condition so rare that medico’s are still trying to come up with a name for it. This little boy, was born with no primary pulmonary artery; the secondary pulmonary artery although connected to the heart did not function properly; a hole in his heart between the ventricles; one lung; one kidney; an almost non existent white blood cell count; no radius bone in either arm; no thumbs; and a myriad of other things as well. There have been only 6 other documented cases of this condition around the world.

The little boy was named Thom. He was named after his mother’s favourite uncle …. My friend. Baby Thom and his parents were airlifted to Brisbane a few hours after his birth. He fought hard for his life for three weeks, until yesterday, when he gave up his battle and surrendered his tiny spirit at 6.15pm, cradled in the arms of his mother.

Baby Thom was flown “home” late this afternoon and family and friends have started to arrive from all over the country, although the funeral probably won’t be until next week. In the meantime, having unloaded all of that off his chest, the brickwall went back up. It will come down again, I know, after the funeral; and I know that I will be needed as a strong support for him.

I’ve cried and sniffled my way through half a box of tissues while writing this, but it’s helped to get this huge weight off my chest.

To whoever has read this, thankyou for the lend of your ears. Life is short, and we must cherish every day that we have with our loved ones!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

jumpyowl

Nadia!!!

Post by jumpyowl »

My dear friend! Not much one can say at a time like this and it is apt to be the wrong thing. You have an unusually kindred spirit. You enjoy life fully when it can be, you also mourn deeply when such a time arrives.

At times like this I force myself to think of how much better it is for Thom. In the long run, it will be better for the whole family even though the memory will remain painful. I hope and pray that they find solace and peace.

It is not much help now, I know, but I feel for you and Thom's family deeply and am attempting to send positive thoughts toward southeast (and also southwest).

God bless you all!!!! (((((((((( :cry: ))))))))))
Jumpy Owl

jan3213

You have MY ear, Nadia

Post by jan3213 »

Nadia, it's Jan

I'm so sorry for your friends and you, Nadia. I was ALMOST there with my Michael when he was born 7 weeks early. God spared Michael for some reason. I was on the "edge" of their pain, but not there, and I can't imagine what they are going through--you are such a good friend to feel the pain with them. Please convey my deepest sympathy to them. You have been so quick to come to my rescue when I needed help, Nadia. Words aren't enough---we are truly a family--sharing and caring for each other--it's more than just sharing our physical pain, it's sharing our emotional pain as well. I hope you can feel how much I care. Mere words typed in a post are so inadequate----I m trying to find the right words to say. If you need to talk in the middle my night, I'll probably be up, just email me. I'll answer. You've got a friend.

Take care of YOU.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.