New RLS Book

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
brandy

New RLS Book

Post by brandy »

I'm not sure if this is where this should go, but I wanted everyone to know that the book about RLS that has been recently published is quite helpful. Restless Legs Syndrome : Relief and Hope for Sleepless Victims of a Hidden Epidemic by Robert Yoakum is up-to-date, informative, incorporates the work of several doctors and provides a great deal of information for those of us who are suffering. I think it is particularly helpful if you are having difficulty getting the care you need from doctors. You can increase your own understanding, as well as have an authoritative resource to bring with you to your doctor to help you facilitate your own treatment. There are some nice appendices in the back that include RLS supports groups listed by states and doctors who are qualified to treat this disorder. I'm not finished with it, yet, but I suggest that anyone who would like to understand this disorder further grab a copy (I got mine from the library, but you can also find it on Amazon.com and in your local bookstore). I'd be happy to hear anyone else's thoughts on the book.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer