Discussion Board Format

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
nephriticus

Discussion Board Format

Post by nephriticus »

While I hail the existence of this Discussion Board, I do notice some aspects of format that are excelled in usenet groups. Probably the one which I find most deficient is the serial response format, as opposed to serial-parallel responses. That is, if posts A-B-C-D-E already exist in a topic and I want to respond to post 'B', I must fall in line after poster 'E' instead of responding directly to poster 'B'. Usenet resolves this with threads and subordinate sub-threads.

Perhaps I doth expect too much. :?

jumpyowl

Dear Nephriticus

Post by jumpyowl »

I agree with you and there are other things I would welcome, like making attachments, posting photos, etc.

I think that this DB is left alone on purpose and it is on "trial." We can help on the response matter by starting new threads or with a better system of reference.

However, having the freedom to post it makes up for it, and we had surpisingly little trouble with strange souls who like to cause infights, etc.
Jumpy Owl

jan3213

Data base

Post by jan3213 »

Hi, this is Jan

I agree with both of you. There's always room for improvement and fresh ideas are always welcome. Lately, Jumpy and a few others have begun to start new threads that sort of categorize certain issues. I think as times goes on, more and more of this type of thing will occur. We're in the "baby" stages of this forum, but I've seen it grow since I became a member in May. As I said, and I'm sure Jumpy will agree, fresh ideas are ALWAYS welcome!! And, by the way, welcome to you, Nephriticus!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.