I think I'm cured!!!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hey all, I was interested to know if any of you have bought the mattress pads? My friend sales them where he works for 79.00 I believe he said it was a Isatonia brand?? I was just wondering if it would be worth it to buy one. Thanks ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

Sara

Post by Sara »

Lyndarae--

I"ve not bought either a topper or a mattress yet, though it's still on my mind, and my husband said the other day that maybe it's time to get a new mattress (ours is 18 years old!)

But I can't recall if it was in this thread or elsewhere, Jumpy or someone said that for best results it needs to be at least 2" thick...the toppers, I mean.

I've seen "memory foam" toppers from $25 and up, but you can see some are 1" and others are as much as 3" (and then there's the actual mattresses, which my folks bought, that cost a MINT!!!!)

I guess that my gut feeling is that if you can only afford a 1" one, it might still be of SOME added comfort, honey. And the $80 ones your friend saw at work, I would think would be the 1 3/4" or 2", from the prices I'm seeing in catalogs.

If the hubby wasn't talking about a whole new mattress, I think I'd try one of the $80 ones. Seems like a relatively cheap shot at maybe some relief.

Hugs to you. Hope all's well up there.

Sara

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I've often wondered whether these type of mattresses would be beneficial. Keep us informed because I am very interested. My sister has a water bed (I used to have one) and wondered if anyone is using one and if so, does that help? Right now I am using the "egg-crate" foam mattress pad like they have in the hospitals and it helps a little. This is good information and I am so glad you brought it up. Although at first I thought you were trying to tell us to get rid of our mates! Thanks for the info and keep it coming everyone.