Does Anyone Else Squeeze their Legs This Hard??

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
BeanieLee

Post by BeanieLee »

Bruising!? That sounds kinda scary charlene. Does your doctor know that you do that? I hope you're getting good treatment. :(
The light of a good character surpasseth the light of the sun

gr8tnana1

stretching legs and massaging them

Post by gr8tnana1 »

Hey just thought I would tell you that I to flex my legs really hard it does relieve the pain for awhile although I must say I have never tried to hit my legs (ouch) they hurt enough. But hey if it helps more power to those who do maybe I might try it one night when its really bad.

ariestlt

Oh wow

Post by ariestlt »

I thought it was just me. I stretch my calves to the point that I pull all the muscles in them. I massage them to the point of bruising. And yes, I'm mean when it acts up and I can't sleep. My poor b/f is a saint to put up with me.

I suffer just about every night. I also have a problem sitting still during the day. My legs are constantly moving. Most times I don't even notice I'm moving them.

KT

Post by KT »

i massage my calves and upper legs really hard too. i also rub it against things, and i kick when im on the couch up and down a lot. ive even rubbed it on chair edges and cushions i do stretches too and sometimes i lay backwards with my leg curled up under me and stretch back and hold it

Memama1966

Jumpin Legs

Post by Memama1966 »

I use to hit my legs till it got to painful. Now I stretch till I can't stretch "NO MORE" and I kick up constantly. I can't have blankets on my legs at night. If my legs get too hot I have to face a fan on them freeze them up to try and stop th pain and then I fall asleep from exhaustion but my husband tells me my legs still jump. Poor guy Im keeping him awake. Summer is wayyy worse, but winter is catching up and my legs hurt! I just got diagnosed, I thought I was getting MS I didn't know RLS exisited. At least I have name now instead of calling it my jumpin legs. Its miserable and when you can't explain the pain to even the Dr you know there is something wrong!
Thank You
Irene

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

I understand the frustration that could result in hurting one's own legs to the point of bruising but I don't recommend that.

One exercise I do is to lean my back up against a wall and slide down until it begins to "burn" as it appears like I'm sitting down. That gets my leg's attention after about 5 seconds!

ctravel12

does anyone else squeeze their legs this hard??

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Irene Welcome to this group. So sorry that you have rls, but this a tremendous supportive group. I know other members will post and give you advice. Besides having rls it sounds like you have PLMD (period limb movement disorder). There is a good forum called New to Rls "Managing RLS" It has a lot of good info for you. Before seeing your dr, you may want to copy some of this info. A good one is the Mayo Clinic Algorithum. I hope that you can get relief real soon. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

I used to stretch to the point where i would have charlie horses.
My main problem now is during the day sometimes it feels like a bug crawing under my pants,it's so real that even though it's cold out as soon as i get home i switch over to shorts. It's always right at my knee and feels so real.
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

janisgilpin

Post by janisgilpin »

i have left bruises nice to know that it seems to be a common thing!!!
janis gilpin in the big o

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

We're going to pray you get the right care so that you don't keep hurting yourself!
((hugs))
Brenda
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda