PLEASE READ-PLEASE READ-PLEASE READ

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
sardsy75

The responses are starting to come in!

Post by sardsy75 »

It's starting to happen!

The responses from the wider RLS Community are starting to come in and I am hoping like mad that they will keep on rolling in ... and at a fast rate!

NOTE: If you converse with someone who has RLS on another site or via email, Please Ask Them If They Would Be Willing To Complete Our Questionnaire. The more people we get, the better!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

becat

THIS IS AWESOME

Post by becat »

JUST AWESOME............I'M SO GLAD IT'S ROLLING, CAN YOU FEEL THE WINDS OF CHANGE A' COMIN' !!!!!!!! YAHOOO THIS SOUTHERN GAL FOR ONE IS JUST CATCHING A SECOND BREATH.
IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.
I JUST KNOW IT.
SEE..........WE MAY BE SLEEPY, IN PAIN, OR STIFF, A LITTLE PUBLIC ITCHING.............BUT TOGETHER WE ARE AN AWESOME, GETTING IT DONE KIND OF TEAM.
THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING YOURSELF AND OTHERS.

jan3213

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!

Post by jan3213 »

This is Jan

You all already know I'm a "little sappy", but remember that song "If Everyone Holds Just One Little Candle".....well that's what this reminds me of. Becat, you were so right about everyone together making one big fist! I can't even imagine what the outcome of this may mean for little children like the six year old mentioned in the post I read the other day. I'm lucky. My symptoms didn't appear until I was 35. You, Becat, have had RLS as long as you can remember. You, too, Nadia. What a change this may make! Helping others helps me because it takes the focus off of my pain and makes me want to fight!!! Thank you so much and once again, I'm so glad I found you guys!!! You, too, Jumpy! You know what? I've come full circle! I think you'll understand, Jumpy, my friend!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

gsesock

survey

Post by gsesock »

Please send me a copy of the survey in the form of a word document

Thanks,
Gail Sesock
Southern IL RLS support group leader

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Gail, This is Jan

I live in southern Illinois and would like to know where the support group is. My info is under memberlist. Could you please send me info on your group?

Thanks.

Jan

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Bump!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

jumpyowl

Keeping count!

Post by jumpyowl »

I wrote to Jan:

I liked your (answers to the) questionnaire! We are still under ten but hopefully it will change!

In addition to seven (7) of our own, twenty-four (24) more requests from yahoo members for the questionnaire have come either to Nadia or to me, so far!

We need 67 more. But I think they are coming....! :)
Jumpy Owl

becat

BUMP

Post by becat »

BUMP

WE SENDING OUT REQUEST, LETS HOPE PEOPLE JOIN IN AND HELP US OUT.

CARRIE

the questionnaire

Post by CARRIE »

I am not sure how to respond to request a questionnaire so will use this.
And will hope I get a reply....
I would like a questionnaire to fill out regarding my lifestyle, etc.
I would use the word version.
Thanks,
Carrie

jan3213

Questionnaire and Lifestyle statement

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Carrie, this is Jan

Regarding the questionnaire, under Memberlist, look for Jumpyowl, and send him a PM. If you have an email address, he will email you a copy of the questionnaire and you can complete it electronically and email it back to him. The information on the Lifestyle statement is below. Thank you so much for your willingness to help!

Jan

Becat wrote:

IN ADDITION TO THE QUESTIONAIRE I'D LIKE TO EXTEND THIS OFFER................I AM GOING TO THE MEETING IN NOVEMBER WITH A MISSION. MY MISSION IS TO CHANGE HOW THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY DEALS WITH RLS AND IT'S SUFFERERS.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A LIFESTYLE STATEMENT ON A SERPERATE PAGE AND SEND IT TO ME. I WOULD LIKE GIVE THESE STAEMENT TO THE DOCTORS AND TO ROBERT WATERMAN, HE WRITES IN THE NIGHTWALKERS NEWSLETTER. HE IS ALSO THE CHAIRMAN TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS HERE.
THESE STATEMENTS COULD BE HELPFUL IN MANY WAYS, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY GETTING THE PERSONAL SIDE OF THIS SYNDROME OUT THERE. FOR THE RESEARCHERS AND THOSE INVOLVED WITH THE DIRECTION DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT FOLLOWS, THIS MAY BE A WAY TO DEFINE THEIR IDEAS BASED ON HOW WE FEEL.
YOU MAY USE YOU ID NAME FROM HERE OR YOUR REAL NAME IF YOU SO CHOOSE. YOU MAY INCLUDED YOUR PERSONAL CONTACT INFORMATION IF YOU WISH.......BUT KNOW THAT I WILL BE MAKING COPIES OF YOUR STAEMENT TO SHARE WITH THE PEOPLE I HAVE MENTIONED.....BUT I PROMISE NOT TO SHARE ANY INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE. I WILL NOT BE KEEPING COPIES MYSELF.
I prefer that you send them to me through snail mail, as it will look invented it I print them all off my computer.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS.

SEND TO :

ATTN RLS

BLK BECAT
1204 MOSSVINE DR.
PLANO, TX. 75023

jumpyowl

IMPORTANT!

Post by jumpyowl »

To Carrie and others:

Please do not use the private mail when writing to me. It has problems.

Please e-mail me with the following information:

QuestionnaireX in the subject line

underneath:

Your name (optional)...........your e-mail address.........your handle
Location, at least city and state

I will promptly send you the questionnaire in WORD, of if you do not have Microsoft Word, also let me know on a different line.

THANK YOU

To send me an e-mail just click on the e-mail button below.
Jumpy Owl

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

BUMP

jan3213

Southern Illinois Support Group - Gail Seasock

Post by jan3213 »

GAIL -

IF YOU SEE THIS, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME. MY INFORMATION IS LOCATED UNDER "MEMBERLIST" ABOVE UNDER THE HEADING "RLS.ORG, DISCUSSION BOARD". JUST LOOK FOR JAN3213. I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT WHERE, IN SO. IL, YOU ARE LOCATED. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

JAN

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

BUMP

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

BUMP