Sudden Stress/Anger Raises Its Ugly Head

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Sole

Sudden Stress/Anger Raises Its Ugly Head

Post by Sole »

It's been addressed a bunch of times. How much stress effects RLS but today it showed itself in such a powerful way to me. Since I've been taking Mirapex and Temazepam my symptoms and sleep have greatly improved. Woo-hoo! Even with some major stressors going on in my life, the RLS has been controlable. Today was a different story. I got into a huge fight with the hubby. Not an hour later my legs were in full force. Not just the restlessness but the horrible ache. It amazes me how the sudden stress/anger/adrenaline or whatever you want to call it made the symptoms flare. Even now, the ache is almost unbearable and I can't sit still for a minute. That being said, I am going to take some heavy duty Ibuprofin and Klonopin. Hopefully, the Klonopin (instead of Temazepam) will knock me out.

Like I said, I know this isn't new to anyone but it just really hit home tonight.

Oh, things are better with hubby. They always are.
Sole

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone."

becat

Amazing

Post by becat »

I was thinking the same thing today. As you know I hate pain medication, but today I broke down and have used it twice in less than 24 hours.
Two thoughts go along with this.
First, I was able to breath after the meds. kicked in and realized I did not hurt for the first time in two months. I had done so well before that and now feel that all of my tricks are just keeping me upright. ha ha most days that is. When I felt no pain it was so surreal I rushed out to the yard and played in the dirt. Even the dog was confused that I was so moblie, how sad. The absence of pain was like being given a key to a new door. I know, why don't I take the meds more often, I just don't think about it. It's not my habit to do so and the pain is normal now. Not welcome just normal.
Second, I'd like to know if when a great stress is relieved can we have the same reaction, as we do to stress. I've been blessed lately, and no words can relate the relief I've gotten from this blessing........... Mine was an event I could not controll and the stress was awesome. But as of FRIday those events have been cared for, resolved for the most part. Seems like the pain and RlS is just as bad. Do our bodies require a "cool down" period of time, before our systems realize that we not still in fight mode?
My sweet Sole, I'm glad that you and hubby worked it out. Remember, marriage is an institution. :D :wink:

jan3213

STRESS AND RLS

Post by jan3213 »

My Dear Friends, I've got to say it-----It's Jan

You BOTH know the stress I've been through lately (and it's not ALL ABOUT ME), and, as I've told you, I could hardly walk some days. Usually, I even hate to take an Aspirin. But, I've got to tell you, when my legs feel like that day after day, a knife doesn't sound too bad! So, out come the pain meds. They are calming down now (and so is my life--at least a little bit). As I've said a million times, what would I do without the two of you??????? Anyway, it just proves to me that there is a direct connection between RLS and Stress!!! People say "just calm down, take it easy", but you know as well as I do, that sometimes life happens and it's out of your control, and no matter how many deep breaths you take or how much you try to calm down, life just keeps hitting you with new "stuff", sometimes all at once, and it's impossible to "calm down". Sole, I had to have extra pain meds along with my usual Mirapex and Klonopin--that combo did not even touch the pain, honey. I don't want to see you feel the way I did. And, Becat, I think you DO get used to the pain in an odd sort of way and when you get relief, it is like, WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS BEFORE!!! Anyway, good night my dear, dear friends! Love to you both!

(((((HUGS))))

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Sole

Re: Amazing

Post by Sole »

becat wrote:...Do our bodies require a "cool down" period of time, before our systems realize that we not still in fight mode?

I'm thinking absolutely YES!!! I liken it to weight gain. It takes me three days to pack on 100 pounds and 10 years to take it off!!! The effects of stress seem to be the same way. It can do so much damage so quickly but reversing it takes a long time....with me anyway.

Marriage is certainly an institution...complete with barbwired fence and all!! :-)
Sole

"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone."