SPAM

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

SPAM

Post by ViewsAskew »

Because life happens, Hazel and Lynne are both away from the board for awhile. That leaves only me to moderate. I can't be on the board 24/7, so some spam posts will get through. I promise I will get them - it just may take a little time. Please just ignore them. Although it is much better than it was, we still remove up to 10 posts a day. Hopefully most of you don't see them, or at least all of them, lol!

So, please hang in there with me until my much-needed and much-loved mods get back to being with us.

Oh, no offense intended - if you do make a post in response to them, I will delete your post when I delete theirs - otherwise it doesn't make any sense!

Edited to add: I also just changed how people register. Many spammers still register and become members. While we can delete them, it's still time consuming and tedious. I just required each person to register to respond to an auto email before the registration process is complete. I hope this will help eliminate at least a few more of the ones we are getting.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

trevb

Post by trevb »

great idea anne!

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Ann...I always wonder if there is a possibility of getting some kind of computer virus by clicking on one of those Threads.
'Cause sometimes I don't even look. I see that peach colored bell or whatever it is, the one that means I aint read it yet, and just click.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You could only get a virus by going to their website and doing something. As long as you open it in OUR site, all you do is "see" the annoying thing.

At least we can be grateful for that!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

fulltimemartins

Post by fulltimemartins »

Ann..

This forum is so wonderful and I wanted to thank you for the time and effort that is put into it and let you know that I (we) appreciate all the extra work and effort you are putting into it while handling it on your on.

Thank you so much...*S*

Bev

abrobinson

Post by abrobinson »

thanks for all you do. i'm new here but i very much appreciate having ya'll to come to for so many things. the encouragement is great - maybe even better than the education i'm getting. i don't know anyone else close by who suffers with this as much as i do, so it's nice to have people who understand.

i know it's a lot of work - so thank you a bunch for doing it!!!!!

brandy

Post by brandy »

Ann, Feel free to give a holler while you're on your own if I can help in any way. My work schedule is erratic and I travel a fair amount, but on the days I'm in the office, I'd be happy to do anything you need.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You guys are too nice :-). Just knowing you are here meeting and greeting is wonderful. The three of us try to make sure everyone's post gets answered even if we don't know the answer. Charlene, Brandy, Em, Josh and others have been doing that a lot and we really appreciate it.

Managing Your RLS