Tamoxifen

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ctravel12

Tamoxifen

Post by ctravel12 »

I went to see my Oncologist today and he suggested that I take Tamoxifen. He suggested for me to try it for a three week trial period and see him them. I do not like the side effects but also do not like the alternative. Let me back track my story so you know where I am coming from. My sister had breast cancer in 1986 and had a breast removed and then about four yrs later had thryroid cancer. She is doing good now. In 1980-82 I had breast biopsy (both breast) and both were benign. Ever since I can remember everytime I had mammograms I had to go back for an ultra sound and found nothing. This year I had to have a needle biopsy (left breast) and then they found something suspicious near the nipple and had to have that biopsied. It turned out that it was benign. Then the dr told me that I have abnormal cells which could turn cancerous. The oncologist told me today that I have a 3.5% risk (which he said is very high) of getting breast cancer within the next five (5) years. Needless to say it scared the you know what out of me. I am writing this to see if anyone ever took Tamoxifen,and if so, what they have to say about it. I appreciate any feed back on this. Thank you for listening to me. I am sorry I meant to put this under non-rls.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time