Back again

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rubyslipper

Back again

Post by Rubyslipper »

We all know that RLS is horrible. Sometimes it's worse than others. I haven't had much trouble with it for awhile now, it's been more the fibro that is getting to me. But now it's back again although a little different. My legs don't need to move so much as they are just so tight, tired and achy. It's all I can do to walk to the bathroom in the morning. They feel so strange at night that it keeps me awake. And if it isn't my legs it's just not being able to stay alseep. I had that problem for quite awhile but it was under control also. Now I'm awake 10-15 times a night, toss and turn, can't get comfortable. I HATE this. I'm back to being so %$!* tired all the time again, concentration is shot and I drop things, can't spell or write....may I havae some cheese and crackers with my whine?! So many other having much worse problems than me and I certainly have sympathy for them. I am so extremely sick of being tired and worn-out all the time. Okay the tirade is over. If I had the energy I would throw a temper-tantrum. Think I'll have a glass of milk and try gong to bed instead. Yeah :cry:
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

OOO My Sweet Ruby,
I am with you girl. There is nothing like just needing sleep. Nothing like wishing you could dream and wake refreshed. It's been so long I don't remember what that it like.
I know I may never be able to go off my meds, but I always hope I can someday.
I wish we all had the chance to just rest our weary bodies, just for a while. That being said, it seems to hurt more when you've had it and lost it again, and again. The cost is our sanity and our smile that comes from within.
Not right at all. My Gosh it has a name, it's being studied, when will it get better?
Our steps are not the first on this path and you know they will not be the last. I, too, get over being tired and worn out, Like I'm over it already.....but this is what it is and I think some of us have this cause we will make a difference. I know we do and can.
Your my angel and I love you. I'd wish away all that pain and ache to give you my sleep and calm, but I'm like you.
Your not selffish at all for wanting that for yourself. Whine or not, your worthy as anyone else here for a great, no wonderful and magical Quality of Life.
We all are.
When will the docs catch up tp us?
I love you, hang in there. I'll carry the hope for you right now and I'll see you in Nov...........
Love hugs and our moon
Lynne

brandy

Post by brandy »

Ruby, I am so sorry you are in this painful place. It's like Lynne said - it's almost worse to have it, get better and then have it again. I don't really have words to offer, but I will offer prayer and love on your behalf. I know what it's like to be sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm with you, love.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

My sweet Ruby

First of all, you can't compare what you're going through with anyone else. RLS is horrible and that's the plain and simple truth. Sleep deprivation is horrible. It effects every aspect of your life. How many times have we had posts from people who are suffering terribly from other afflictions and still say that RLS is the worst thing they've had to tackle?

When you are waking up 10-15 times a night, it's no wonder you have no concentration, are tired all the time, feel like you're going to scream. That's no way to live--and, unless anyone walks a mile in our shoes, they have no idea. I can see and feel your misery, Ruby. Sick and tired of being sick and tired--that says it all and then some.

I hate this monster!!!!! I hate what it's doing to you, Lynne, Brandy and me. I hate how we all live---struggling every day, dreading every night. I hate it for everyone.

I love you!
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

OK Ruby...
I didn't want to have to do this, but it looks like there's no other way...

ACHY BREAKY HEART

You can tell the world, you never was my girl,
You can burn my clothes up when I am gone.
You can tell your friends, just what a fool I've been,
And laugh and joke about me on the phone.

And you can tell my arms, go back into the barn,
You can tell my feet to hit the floor.
You can tell my lips, or tell my fingertips,
They won't be reaching out for you no more.

Don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart,
I just don't think he'd understand.
'Cause if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart,
He might blow up and kill this man.

You can tell your ma, I moved to Arkansas,
You can tell your dog to bite my leg.
Or tell your brother Cliff, his fist can tell my lip,
He never really liked me anyway.

Tell your Aunt Louise, tell anything you please,
A simple written note is not OK.
You can tell my eyes, but watch out for my mind,
It might be walkin' out on me today.

So don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart,
I just don't think he'd understand.
'Cause if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart,
He might blow up and kill this man.

WoooHoooo.............

Hope you start to feel better Ruby

Randy

becat

Post by becat »

OMGosh, I could almost smell that one coming. ROTFL
You so crack me up.
Ruby get the milker out, we may need to fix WAM!

FidgetBoy

Post by FidgetBoy »

oh great, thanks WAM, now I'm humming that atrocious melody! Well, just try getting THIS one out of your head....

<clears throat>

It's a small world after all
It's a small, small worrrrrrrld
Josh

becat

Post by becat »

LOL Houston, we've lost Josh.......he's heading over to Wam's side of the world and is spinning out of control.
You both bring so much comfort to us with your inspiring renditions of the Worst possible songs. LOL
Someone please pick me up off the floor.
Ruby will love this for sure.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

How can I possibly feel sorry for myself with friends like these? WAM I love you!!! Sitting here dog-tired after being at the hospital with hubby all day, in a crappy mood, tired beyond belief and you managed in less than a heartbeat to bring me laughter! What a gift you are! And FidgetBoy...we went to Disney World many years ago and rode that ride with all those maniacal dolls and puppets :evil: singing that hideous song. I had always liked it up until then but that was the ride from hell, I didn't think it would EVER get over. Plus having it stuck in my head for the next week. You guys brightened my day more than you will ever know! :D Just don't tell my heart that it's a small world after all!!!! Yes, Ruby loved it and loves you all; for your support, your caring and your humor. Group cyber-hug here!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ksxroads

Post by ksxroads »

Ahhhhhhhhhh dear Ruby, misery loves company... and I won't get that dang song out of my mind either thanks Fidget............

Trying to discern between fibro and RLS is the pits and I don't even bother these days. Since we are from generally the same area... our symptoms and cycles certainly seem close... who knows..........

Recently bought two heated throws... one for home one for work, wrap up the ole legs in them, they help release the muscle tenseness in my legs............ and I can never say enough about routinely getting a massage... I do indulge myself way more than I should!

knock on wood, I have not had the overall body weakness spells with the exception of once last week... routinely in the past the months July-September were getting worse each year............ so there is improvement. Like I suspected these months the RLS seems worse.

sleep - you notice when you go from sleeping fairly regularly through the night to waking several times during the night. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sending you many positive thoughts and energy. I am slowly crawling out of my cave... Love Hazel
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation.

Music can be made anywhere, is invisible and does not smell. --W H Auden

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

you know Ruby, I have the same problem in the morning. it started about 2 months ago. i have not been diagnosed with fibro, but my mom has it. it's all i can do to walk to the bathroom in the morning too. i notice that if i am laying down for any particular length of time, my feet feels the way yours does, stiff, tight, achy and hurts to walk on. u think that is from the RLS or fibro?

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Sorry Tazzer that I haven't answered sooner. Several years ago I had that horrible pain in my feet that finally would wear itself out after walking and limbering up. I think that was the start of my fibro but just didn't know it. Supposedly fibro isn't hereditary but if someone in your family has it you are more predisposed to have it so if your Mom has fibro then it is a possibility that you do to. Check with a GOOD doctor, one who understands that you may not fit every symptom of fibro and still have it. I don't have it in the specified and in the correct number of pressure points that most doctors use to diagnose fibro. But I have other areas that are tender to the touch. Fibor is a lot like RLS in that there are no tests to detemine if you have it or not, many doctors aren't sure they believe in fibro and medication is hard to find that helps. Also, RLS and fibro have lots of symptoms in common although they are totally different disorders. I found a book that is great "Fibromyalgia for Dummies" (yes, it's a real book) that has wonderful information. But go to a doctor first and see what he/she says. Nothing else, get the book for your mom and you can read it too.