Newbie to the RLS board but certianly not a newbie to RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Jmann

Newbie to the RLS board but certianly not a newbie to RLS

Post by Jmann »

:evil: :twisted: Hey J. here.I'm new to this particular board but i'm a vet as far as RLS is concerned.I've suffered with RLS for three years now but the only issue i have is that i'm too afraid to talk to my doctor about it because of issues with misdiagnoses of other alements in the past.But i have been diagnosed by a doctor but that's as far as it went.Anybody that has suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
J.Mann

becat

Welcome

Post by becat »

Hey J.
it looks like your mad to have to be here, welcome to the club. I can tell you first hand that your not the first to be ignored. Your at the best place you can be, we're here for ya. More importantly, we're with ya.
The best thing to do for yourself is educate yourself, read yourself silly here. You may need to print out the information provided on this site to educate your doctor. In turn your doc. may decide to send you to a specailist to further diagnose and treat you. That's just the start.
Beat the door down if you have to, you have the diagnosis, now make them help you. This is one of those disorders that seems to be unknown or ignore in many cases.
But your family Doc. should be able to read over some info from here and at least get you started on something to help until and if you need to see someone else. It's more than a reasonable request.
You can also go to the NON-pharm section here to look for something you haven't already tried at home. Being a vet of RLS makes us invent some wild things to cope. Don't we all know that one. My favorite so far is the man that uses his Black and Decker sander to massage his legs. :D
Forgive me for asking in a welcome post, but in the general topics/post that is titled PLEASE READ, by Jumyowl is a new questionaire we are trying to use. Please consider reading it and filling one out for us. It would very helpful to us if you would.
J. your going to find all levels of RLS in the wonderful people here. We will share idea, listen to yours, and hopefully educate each other along the way. Sorry you had to find us, but glad your here now.

jan3213

Welcome J

Post by jan3213 »

Hi J, it's Jan

May I add my welcome to Becat's

She did so well, I'll just say welcome!! As she said, you've come to the right place. Just hang in there and, as Becat said, educate yourself. Read, read, read--get as much info as you can. That's the best defense. She's right. There are many ways to treat RLS--medical and non-medical. What works for one person, may not work for another. If you read the posts, you'll find that out right away. And, don't be afraid to ask questions. It won't take long before someone will answer you. Everyone here is really nice and willing to help another sufferer. One of Becat's favorite saying is, and sorry Becat, I'll probably get this wrong, but here goes: "We're all in the same boat, sometimes we just have to take turns rowing." Anyway it goes SOMETHING like that. We're just one big family here and we try to help one another in whatever way we can. Good to have you on board!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

jumpyowl

Hello!

Post by jumpyowl »

Jmann: The most important for you to do to obtain quick and more specific help is to provide more information on yourself, your symptoms, your diagnosis, and treatment if any. Perhaps you would want to discuss your misdiagnosis problems in the past. If it is too public, you could get in touch with one of us via e-mail or private mail.

You have to get back into the saddle somehow! Hope we can help. :)
Jumpy Owl

fourkidneys

New to Forum

Post by fourkidneys »

:roll: Hi Everyone,

My name is Lorraine and I have had RLS as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed with End-Stage Renal Disease 20 years ago. I have been on dialysis, transplanted, dialysis, transplanted again, dialysis presently and waiting for a transplant. My RLS is at it's worst this year. I have usd different meds over the years. Neurontin, and Clonazaepam and now Requip. Not sure how much any of them work for me. The best sleep I've had in recent years is after surgery when I am using pain killers.

Is any one else using Requip, and if so, how do you like it? I am trying to get a support group together in Northeast Ohio (Cleveland area). Thanks.